Altaros Compressor Booster Unit

I got mine in 2016, paid $600 shipped to my house. It’s been outstanding, best pcp money I’ve spent. I’m driving it with a 6.5 hp/ 60 gallon single stage. It puts out 11.5 cfm at 90 psi. It takes a little under an hour to top off my 45 minute bottle from 3400 to 4500. Not the fastest but I’ve done nothing to it in 8 years.

glad you posted this Beerthief.
My EC3000 crapped out on me, per AOA needs a top cylinder rebuild - after 15 hours.....in 18 months
My CS4 still goes strong but seems to develop leaks randomly. 18 hours in 8 weeks

The Altaros always intrigued me but the lack of speed always threw me off. Currently weighing a Bauer (used), Coltri, Daystate and the aforementioned Altaros.
Anyone have an idea of a buddy bottle top-off time from 200 to 300 bar. Yes I know it depends on the compressor supplying - figure a 10-20 gallon supply.
thanks

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I've had an Altaros booster for 1 year, just under 85hrs. No problems.

Running it with a 20gallon California Air Tools compressor, 5.6cfm I think. Although I've got the air input to the booster restricted way down to give the shop compressor more time off than on each cycle.

No complaints on the Altaros booster at this time.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
What are you comparing it to?
I am comparing to all the other compressors under $2000.00 they all break down . i have an Omega trail charger @ $900 But i only charge tube guns . so it has lasted 3 years so far . but in reality i have only used it less than 2 hours in three years and only a few minutes at a time to top off tube guns .
All i read is about all the trouble others have and the hassel's with water buckets and breakdowns .

I am comparing to all the other compressors under $2000.00 they all break down . i have an Omega trail charger @ $900 But i only charge tube guns . so it has lasted 3 years so far . but in reality i have only used it less than 2 hours in three years and only a few minutes at a time to top off tube guns .
All i read is about all the trouble others have and the hassel's with water buckets and breakdowns .
I agree 100 percent with you...I routinely rebuild my yong heng...I use a lot of air with a .510...My next upgrade will.hopefully be a booster in the future...Air compressor s are my weak link in my pcp program... Way more lead than reliable air source.....

Took the Altaros plunge. Could have bought a used Bauer with all I've spent so far on compressors.
where is @Humdinger when you need him LOL

As long as you're okay turning it on and walking away (slow fill) I think you'll be happy with the unit.

My biggest piece of advice is to keep some soapy water in a spray bottle handy. I'm always finding really small leaks on all the low pressure fittings, before the air ever gets to the Altaros-that's what I get for using mostly Harbor freight quick-connects.

Reactions: SDstephan
As long as you're okay turning it on and walking away (slow fill) I think you'll be happy with the unit.

My biggest piece of advice is to keep some soapy water in a spray bottle handy. I'm always finding really small leaks on all the low pressure fittings, before the air ever gets to the Altaros-that's what I get for using mostly Harbor freight quick-connects.

thanks for the advice Franklink about the quick connects.
I like the idea of set and walk away.