Altaros Booster repair

You really need to look at the fine videos Altaros has put up on youtube and then tear down your own.

But from your description i would suspect a final seal malfunction like Towle had. That or the seal going into the HP piston.

Thats a funny contraption with a soft seal and a rare earth magnet.

Be carefull, very small parts inside and every one of them is needed ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiEBBF9HWog

Henrik,

That is what I thought. The squeaking at first was probably the first sign of wear.

I have watched some of those videos, and they gave me confidence that I can tear it down and with my wife’s help photographing each step as we go. She is aiso darn good at reassembling my stuff for me. I have 2.5 rebuild kits all have that seal shown in this excellent thread.

I had three different generations of Shoebox compressors, I think I could tear one down and reassemble it in the dark, which is how I do everything these days, in the dark, so the little wife comes in handy to put my stuff back together as stated.

Much appreciated Henrik,

Roachcreek

RC if you end up shopping at:

poop creek paddle store.1635602881.jpg

Then please holler and i'll tear down mine and take lots of pics for you to reverse.

Henrik,

Thanks for the offer, I do like that poop Creek photo, I think I may need to open an account there before I am done.

I have not started yet, I have been going over the disassembly video’s, I do feel comfortable with the tear down and reassembly shown in the video on this page, however I have not found out how to access that high pressure valve, shown on page one of this thread in case I need to service it.

Thanks again,

Roachcreek