Altaros Booster/Compressor - Review Ongoing

Well that Is very interesting if true because I told them exactly what I would be using it for. Not here to play games with people.
I had their booster and later a Hatsan clone that is really a Chinese made compressor with water cooling. Neither one held up to occasionally filling my SCBA tanks. Finally bought an Alkin W31 compressor and have not had any problems filling tanks. For the money I spent on the booster and Hatsan I should have just spent a little more and bought the Alkin. Buy a real compressor and don’t waste anymore of your money.

I had their booster and later a Hatsan clone that is really a Chinese made compressor with water cooling. Neither one held up to occasionally filling my SCBA tanks. Finally bought an Alkin W31 compressor and have not had any problems filling tanks. For the money I spent on the booster and Hatsan I should have just spent a little more and bought the Alkin. Buy a real compressor and don’t waste anymore of your money.
Hey, huge thanks for the tip! My application is a little different because I am re-compressing nitrogen @ 140psi to 2000psi for laser cutting and welding. And I do not think these compressors can do that, but of course I could be mistaken. Re-compressors tend to be incredibly expensive. This one is 18k.
comp re.jpg

or you can buy a Haskel for 6 grand and add 800 for a pressure cutoff switch.
haskel-ag-75-gas-booster-1__56224.png

Last edited:
I have a Hypertherm XT-100 HD plasma 5x10 table and a 3D Fablight 2k laser that gives much cleaner cuts in stainless with N2. I also have a 2000 watt hand held laser welder that doesn't work at all without N2. Also a large N2 generator @20cfm @ 99.99% purity. The Altaros may just be enough to supply my needs, mostly for laser welding, which is probably about what paintball guy goes through per week. We shall see. Thanks for all your help.