Altaros B2B booster

So i played with the B2B unit today and boosted a 15liter~0.529cft bottle from 200bar~3000psi to 250bar~3750psi.

I used a 12liter~0.423cft bottle at 200bar~3000psi as feed + 3hp compressor for work.

Took a mere 7 odd minutes to move 750liter~27.5cft of free air and set me back @ 65bar~950psi, and the compressor did'nt even go 50/50.

Oh and the B2B has a electric controlled set max. of some 330bar~4800psi so it will fill anything in the current PCP buisness to max!

DSCN0438 s.1618333309.jpg

For larger fills it can be run from either a netadapter or via a USB cable for full auto function and use the built in max. set feature.

In the rough field (with no electricity at all) there is a push button that will give two strokes of the booster for every push.

I will do the same drill tomorrow and use the feed bottle to run the booster work piston also and see how long it takes at max speed. Interesting to see the amount of used air as dvindling pressure will affect fill time in a negative manner (more pump strokes with lower pressure).

It depends on what you mean as input pressure!

If you mean for work air then 150psi is just fine but if you mean to be boosted then the B2B only has 2 HP pistons and need a bare minimum of 40bar~600psi to work in a meaningfull way.

The normal booster will accept 150psi to the LP piston and be happy to boost that to some 330bar~4800psi. And for that you can use a standard shop compressor for work air as it is two seperate systems.

So if you want to boost H2, N2 or diving air the normal booster + the conversion kit is the way to go.

So if you want to boost H2, N2 or diving air the normal booster + the conversion kit is the way to go.

Which two part numbers are needed? Sorry I'm easily confused when trying to navigate that site as to what I need. I have a shop compressor, I want to fill my tank. I also want to be able to boost that tank pressure if need at times to fill a gun if that tank is low and I don't want to wait until the tank is filled to a high enough pressure to use in my pcp. sorry if I'm not clear.

I just did the 15liter~0.529cft tank from 200bar~3000psi to 250bar~3750psi again.

This time i used the 12liter~0.423cft from @190bar~2750psi and turned the (speed) regulator all the way up to 11.

It had to work a lot harder as air was "lost" for work and pressure dwindled way faster.

6 min and 40 seconds was the time for the deed of transferring the 750liter~27.5cft and only 40bar~600psi was used from the 12liter~0.423cft bottle which means 480liters~16.95cft of air was used for work. The end pressure is 95bar~1380psi.

Which two part numbers are needed? Sorry I'm easily confused when trying to navigate that site as to what I need. I have a shop compressor, I want to fill my tank. I also want to be able to boost that tank pressure if need at times to fill a gun if that tank is low and I don't want to wait until the tank is filled to a high enough pressure to use in my pcp. sorry if I'm not clear.

Gotcha!

The normal booster will use the compressor for work and as supply for filling your tank during idle times. It's slow but it works just fine.

Now Altaros has a kit that will allow you to feed a regulated output of 150psi to the LP (1'st stage) piston which feeds the HP (2'nd piston) and ends in your tank or rifle. The kit will also allow you to feed up to 100bar~1500psi regulated air directly into the HP (2'nd piston), which is a way faster option!

The kit sold by Altaros does not include a regulator of any kind, only the hoses and couplers needed. I think it costs some $25-28.

They do sell a HP regulator that can be adjusted from @50bar~750psi (they do not recommend going under 100bar~1500psi but mine works 100% when set to 50bar~750psi) to 250bar~3750psi (again they only gurantee 200bar and mine has worked 100% set at 250bar~3750psi for almost two years). The regulator costs @ $130 and can also be used to shoot a PCP tethered to a bottle.

Am i clear as mud?

If so then ask again and i'll do my best to explain it further to you, no worries ;-)

Gotcha!

The normal booster will use the compressor for work and as supply for filling your tank during idle times. It's slow but it works just fine.

Now Altaros has a kit that will allow you to feed a regulated output of 150psi to the LP (1'st stage) piston which feeds the HP (2'nd piston) and ends in your tank or rifle. The kit will also allow you to feed up to 100bar~1500psi regulated air directly into the HP (2'nd piston), which is a way faster option!

The kit sold by Altaros does not include a regulator of any kind, only the hoses and couplers needed. I think it costs some $25-28.

If so then ask again and i'll do my best to explain it further to you, no worries ;-)

so which one is the normal booster I see the one for 595 and a plastic box and the one with the sheet metal box for 695.

Screenshot_20210414-094733_Chrome.1618420346.jpg

Kit? I 'm trying to navigate the site but don't see a kit.

Thank you