Altaros Advance Version

Okay, I am thinking of changing my setup from nitrogen 6000psi to compressor and Altaros ADVANCE VERSION. I own a machine shop and run twin (screw compressors) producing 218cfm @ 120psi with (3) 200 gallon tanks fed thru an air dryer. I will be filling a 66cf 4500psi Scott tank and a Benjamin 4500psi 90ci tank. Normally my portable tanks are topped off before they get to 2000 psi. I sort of cascade the tanks.

Since my compressors are running 16 hours a day, I thought why not use a little air for the booster and fill my tanks while I work. Any thoughts on this idea would be welcomed.

You'll love the B2B system and it's ability to suck you'r supply bottle down below 100psi.

With unlimited air it will be clack, clack, clack and over in mere minutes.

What's not to like ;-)

My Altaros booster has passed 150 hours and is on original O-rings and gaskets. No issues at all.

Does the B2B allow the regular use of compressor as well?

I asked if the B2B could be used as the advanced model if so desired and his response is below. So I will be ordering the advanced model and maybe convert later.

"Hello,

unfortunately no The B2B version is purely designed to pressurize from one bottle to another. It cannot pressurize the bottle itself only from the workshop compressor, as it has only high pressure pistons, no medium pressure piston.

With best regards / S Pozdravem

Ondrej Plachy"

Oh didnt know that! That B2B thing is so new i have no details.

The standard version can be converted to run from a shop compressor for work air and then the LP piston fed a regulated 10bar~150psi from your preferred gas bottle (you can go a smidgen higher to shorten pump time ;-) ). They will sort you out for optimum design as per your request.

Oh didnt know that! That B2B thing is so new i have no details.

The standard version can be converted to run from a shop compressor for work air and then the LP piston fed a regulated 10bar~150psi from your preferred gas bottle (you can go a smidgen higher to shorten pump time ;-) ). They will sort you out for optimum design as per your request.

He said they are working on a backward compatible kit for the standard units. The B2B is missing the mid-pressure piston.

I just ordered the Altaros Advance Version from their web site that I posted on another thread and somehow it messed up. So I ordered again and again it said something went wrong yet now I am charged with two orders. I sure they will straighten it out.