Altaros 60gr Queen slug grouping at 250 yard

Wow that's great that your 1:18 is doing so good, majority of everybody else is not so lucky. Are you using the 6.36 Queens or the standard 6.35?

Oh and what hammer weight are you using for a reg pressure of 180?

Allen
Perhaps I’m also in the minority? My .25 Panthera 600 with Superior Heavy 1:18 liner shoots the 49.5 grain Altaros ATP Smooth at 890 fps as accurately as any gun I’ve ever shot out to 300 yards. Haven’t pushed it farther than that…

The issue that I have been reading about is more so with the specific 700mm liners with the Art no: 20659 and 1:18 twist. Something to do with consistency of the lands inside liner with the worst cases being the lands barely even developing inside the barrel, thus very little twist is actually put into the slugs. My brain is a little fuzzy at the moment but I think the ones that say 'stx slug' was the good batch of the lot with 1:18 twist. The ones that say 'stx superior slug' had more issues. Again this is only the 20659 700mm liners that were affected. There were no reports that I have read that were bad about the newer 1:16 (?) liners which I now currently have or the other lengths.

My current setup is pretty good except for two things, I ran out of .25 Alteros slugs to shoot and for some stupid reason I wanted to mess with the trigger, which now is inadvertently stupid heavy. 🙄

Oh, the amount coffee I drink probably does not help either. 😁

Allen

Last edited:
Wow that's great that your 1:18 is doing so good, majority of everybody else is not so lucky. Are you using the 6.36 Queens or the standard 6.35?

Oh and what hammer weight are you using for a reg pressure of 180?

Allen
using standard 6.35 queen luped with Napier Lube and for hammer Iam using 8.5 hammer

Reactions: Centercut