Tuning Alsafe 500cc CF tank perfect fit for Kratos.

I'm not sure why I went with this 500cc tank over a more common 580, but on the Kratos, to me, it really seems like about as perfect a fit as one is going to get swapping from the aluminum to CF. Not only will it reduce weight and increase shot count, but this specific bottle has a very short neck compared to 580 and 480, so i am getting a fit to the wood that I is pretty much perfect.

Kratos Bottle n Walnut 04.1642309223.jpg
Kratos Bottle n Walnut 10.1642309223.jpg

Before and after above.

In addition, the amount of wood removal was very light. much less than putting a 480 or 580 as this 500cc is almost as narrow as these new 700cc. The 580 and 480 are a good 1/4"-3/8 fatter.

Kratos Bottle n Walnut 08.1642309338.jpg

Kratos Bottle n Walnut 06.1642309377.jpg

Compared to the very long neck on the 700cc on the Kral, which leaves a big space;

Kratos Bottle n Walnut 05c.1642309535.jpg

You might want to think about getting the FX bottle adapter and valves to make them interchangeable and removable that's what I did with my Super Jumbo.

SJ_FXBottle.1642397107.jpg

I did exactly that for my Kral Pro 500 seen in the background with 700cc bottle on currently, based on YOUR recommendation, thanks for that! I love it! I have 480, 580, 2x 700cc CF bottles, and two of the old 500cc aluminum to share between the pro 500 and LCS. I can pack a lot of air that way!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/bottle-swap-on-a-kral-puncher-pro-500-questions/?referrer=1

But:

- The Pro500 and my LCS both take up to 250 BAR bottles. The Kratos is rated only to 200bar, so I don't want to be mixing and matching fills with it.

- Plus, frankly, I like the fact that this one fits so well. with an adapter, the bottle would be way forward. The one for the Krals will not fit the Kratos (different thread on the block) The other one that just adapts any M18 is even longer than the one that fits the Krals. So happy with this as just a single bottle upgrade.

Tell me, the adjustable but pad, is that aftermarket, and if so, what brand? Looks like a good fit.

Great to hear you got the FX adapter for your 500 and glad to hear you like it! Good to know the adapter won't work on a Kratos of course the thread has to be different just like the their magazines are different from Kral's as well VERY annoying! Pad is a Bisley I got off of EBAY you need to grind down the plate and make a new hole to line up with the existing ones but once you do that you're good to go the other one you can get that is nicer but more $ is from Morgan https://morganrecoilpad.com but you'll still need to grind the plate to fit I got a small grinder from Harbor Freight which does the trick. How does the Kratos compare to the 500 in your opinion? A SuperJumbo stock will also fit that action I saw on FB the other day.

Thanks for the info on the pad. I was looking at a Bisley on eBay, maybe I'll finally jump on one.

Kratos Vs Pro 500? Very similar, and yet different. I've not shot the 500 as much yet, I was trying to get a 500 for well over a year as my "first PCP" , but when Crosman contracted Kral for the craftsman series, many Kral's seemed to dry up in the pipeline. So when the Kratos was suddenly available and on AGN discount at Crosman, I got that instead. It was over a year before I found a 500 in stock again.

Kratos is lighter, by a good deal. The stock and barrel shroud are likely a big part of it, as well as the stock bottles. I prefer the stock of the 500mm though, I just found it amazing from he first time i laid eyes on it. It does not disappoint. The feel of that grip and cheek rest are just superb.

Out of the box, so far, 9iv'e done no tuning, (I'm learning as I go, kratos was my first PCP) the Kratos appears to be more accurate, but that really is unfair to say at this stage having shot it for so much longer than the 500, and I have not really even had time to figure out the best pellets for the 500 yet. Kratos loves a steady diet of Crosman premier. go figure :)

I also find the lightweight makes the Kratos much faster/more pointable rifle. On the bench that doesn't matter, in fact the extra weight of the 500 should be an advantage, but for pesting the kratos is faster. I like the lever on the 500 better, and the trigger.

In my case I got the a .22 Cayden for a great deal here on AGN last year the stock was to nice to pass up. It shoots great and I like the safety and gauge better than my krals but I like the Kral magazines a little better. Rexamex Kral owned company makes them if you look at their guns you'll see their mags are the same as the Craftsman series. I shoot LH so went with the SJ from Krale which was my first PCP last year (now I have 7 lol!) and I just really love TH stocks. Putting the 480 CC bottle just makes it handle a lot better even though I shoot mostly off tripods when hunting it's nice to have it balance better.

I thinking partnering with Rexamex was smart move by Benjamin and know the Maurader has lots of fans but I think the Kratos and Cayden are great rifles in their price range and good place to start in the PCP world. I do hope PA starts to carry more Kral models though at they are also a lot of rifle for the money.