Alpha Wolf .25 Accuracy Results

Since there seems to be some hidden pact to not discuss Daysttate AW settings I will violate that. I am just the average Jo in my back yard range shooting off a bench. This morning before the wind I took the AW, Hades pellets, experimented, and logged accuracy. I zeroed at 50 and went from there. At 50, 60, and 70 it was alomost hole in hole. However once I went to 80 and 90 bad things happened. There was absolutely no consistency from shot to shot. I wanted to see if it was good at 80 and 100. Well it's not! Not with the settings I had. I have seen on the tube shots well over 200 yards with this rifle so I wish I knew their succesful settings. So...back to changing some things. I will share my settings and these are what I used because except for FPS they are what the factory settings were. No particular reason for this. IT's just where i started as repeated pleas from distributors and other DW or AW owners were not responded to.
.25 Hades
Reg - 150 bar
950 FPS
2250 (some symbol) s
Volt 770
On my pesting permissions I would comfortably rely on this gun the way it is currently set for shots up to 70 yards. I do have some FX hybrid slugs I will try later on. Hope this helped some other newbie AW folks.

I have alot of different pcp guns and some just dont shoot certain pellets longer ranges and with a good scope you can litterly see pellets fly wild in the 100 yrd range , weather it is weight or head size I dont know I have 4 or 5 guns ammo picky but with good amm they remain true , I think Id try other ammo
PS it is not a setting doing this . however if ti does it with all ammo barrel is issue
LOU

thanks to all.. An Update. I went out this evening with a mild wind and left all the settings on the gun the same but used FX Hybrid slugs. Except for making a smaller footprint in the splatter burst, they shot just as poorly as the Hades. I topped off the gun and started shooting. I am a novice about a lot of this but I had to use much more elevation than I did with the Hades even though the weights are really almost the same. Since the hybrid has a better BC than the pellet I would have expected my shots to hit higher on the target. I had an RTI Prophet .25 that grouped really nicely at 100 with the Hades. Think I'll try some of the 34 grain that was offered as a suggestion. I know about rifles liking certain pellets. I have a RAW 1000X .22 and it is terrible with the Hafes. I put the redesigned in it and I was knocking pigeons off the farmers food at 100 yds
Really interested in hearing others suggestions. Paricularly when they also have a DW or AW.

The great thing about the AW is the ease of tuning. Don't be afraid to use it!
From my experience, you're pushing the Hades WAY too fast. Try setting it to 890 on the Factory mode and see how they do. If they're better, then you can find the tune to match. You can also almost certainly go down in reg pressure... maybe 135, and still get the velocity. The 33.4s will likely shoot much better than the Hades as well.

Bob

When I had my .25 DW (I have a .30 now), it shot the NSA 29 grain very well at about 940 to 950 fps. I've also shot the JSB KOs at around 940 fps from my .25 Red Wolf HP, and they are very accurate. I've heard from others that the 34.9 NSA and the 37 grain ZANs shoot well from that barrel. Not sure of the speeds for those two...

any update @Jim81 ?
I'm thinking of getting AW in .25 for long range shooting (100+), also considering AGT Uragan 2 (.25) 700mm.
Not sure which one to get, or both :)
Well, you know that the Uragan 2 will perform perfectly. But not game screen included.

My Vulcan 2. 25 Cal shots so perfectly both pellets and slugs that make hesitate about the risk included in buying anything else with more authonomy. Same story with my Uragan. 22 except for the excellent authonomy in the Uragan.

Reactions: merpo
It's been awhile since I have responded and/or reported what I have done. Centercut shared settings with me and a poster above said go to the 34g. I did both. I am using factory settings and have speed set at 880 FPS. The regulator pressure has been reduced to 150 bar. I have a Bushnell Sport Pro scope on the top and for the first time I am now ready to take the AW to the field. The Bushnell, from the factory only at $500, is a winner. It repeats, repeats, repeats. I have targets set at 10 yard inervals from 50 to 100. I know what the settings are for the scope at those yardages. I can go back and forth from 50 to 100 and hit the target right where I want to. POA = POI every time...except for the miserable wind. Saw on Pyramid that there is a JSB 34g slug now and have ordered a few of those to see if I cant negate the winds. The JSB hybrid 25g hybrid slug for me has been a useless expense. I probably do not use the correct settings for them but they shoot as poorly or maybe even worse than the Hades. So..if anyone has any suggestions what settings I should use I'd be happy to try that. I am not going to experiment with them as I am a Dairy Farm pester and that is my PCP joy. Punching paper, other than for getting a good zero and range is for others. Reducing invasive species from the farm is my hobby, because of the consumption of farm feed and the deposit of feces on the cow's food. The saying, "that on the farm if it flies it dies" works for me. No! I don't shoot Robins or Swallows ,and some others, becasue they are not interested in the farm feed.
I can verify for me that the Hades are good to 70 yards and then it's porluck what you'll get beyond 70 which backs up what others have discovered. However, they are nasty on birds up to 70 yards.

Reactions: Centercut