Alpha carette parts

I sent Bosun an email and got an immediate response! He sent me videos talking the low pressure and high pressure sides apart. He also recommended i find the connector which connects the high pressure tube to the oil/water separator.There is a small part inside the connector and remove the small valve inside the connector between high pressure tube and oil/water separator. As it causes problems and not needed and it may fix the problem..

After work tomorrow I will remove the part as suggested and see if that helps. This compressor is going on 4 years old.. so it may be time for a rebuild. 

As suggested by Bosun.. I took the low side apart. Found this.. took the cylinder off also. Piston looked fine, some scaring..rings in good shape. I didn't take the high side apart. Other than the very top part with the spring, rubber ball and brass shim and cleaned it... compressor is working better but not right. It's time for a rebuild. I sent him an email asking for a rebuild kit... hopefully he gets back with me soon 
20210517_163348.1621308051.jpg
20210517_163202.1621308058.jpg

A bit of an update.... communicating with Bosun these past couple of days to get a rebuild kit for my compressor. Everything has gone good so far and parts should be shipped out in a day or two. Hopefully this gets it going like new again. I've been very happy with it over the past 3-4 years...but I'm still going to upgrade to a better compressor though... I just wish the alpha carette dealers would stock freaking parts...if I would have known I wouldn't have bought it.... fool me once.......

Jasonmc did Bosun diagnose the problem with your Carette based on your description or did the parts he sent cover most common problems? I’m approaching 70 hrs on mine (2+1/2 yrs). It’s running fine right but I except to be contacting Mr Bosun sometime soon. Glad to hear that he responded quickly and got the parts to you ASAP. Please let us know how the rebuild works out! Uj

Jasonmc did Bosun diagnose the problem with your Carette based on your description or did the parts he sent cover most common problems? I’m approaching 70 hrs on mine (2+1/2 yrs). It’s running fine right but I except to be contacting Mr Bosun sometime soon. Glad to hear that he responded quickly and got the parts to you ASAP. Please let us know how the rebuild works out! Uj

Yes he knew what the problem was. I did as he instructed and it did work better but was like it was. His parts arrived very fast. I was pleasantly surprised.

I have the new parts in. I done a break in. I deadheaded the compressor and pumped to 1000. Done a cool down next was 2000 I repeated the process up to 4500... I let it cool down.... and now its topping off my tank. Before I start filling my takes I run it with no load just to warm it up...after filling my tank I run it a few minutes with no load to blow the moister out... I think the real important thing is the oil. I run only the oil that nuvair carries made for HPA compressors. I've had this compressor for 3...maybe 4 years now and it's never let me down. That being said I'm looking to upgrade compressors soon and will be selling the carette to a fellow airgunner. 

I sent Bosun an email and got an immediate response! He sent me videos talking the low pressure and high pressure sides apart. He also recommended i find the connector which connects the high pressure tube to the oil/water separator.There is a small part inside the connector and remove the small valve inside the connector between high pressure tube and oil/water separator. As it causes problems and not needed and it may fix the problem..

After work tomorrow I will remove the part as suggested and see if that helps. This compressor is going on 4 years old.. so it may be time for a rebuild.
Can you give me his email Or give him mine. for some reason? I haven't been able to leave him a personal message in the group. [email protected]