Alpha-Carette Oil "Breather" or cap

Issue seems to be solved, since the compressor window was completely covered by oil, meaning it was over filled enough to be spitting oil out of it's breather cap, thus having a smell in the air, I will be draining a small amount of oil from the compressor and cleaning my breather cap, and reinstalling it to check it again. Thanks Steve, Jim 

Hello again,

finally finished my Alpha Carrette oil breather cap, I actually had to machine down the hex flats on the adapter so that it could be screwed into the top of the crankcase, there is a small screw that would interfere with screwing the adapter in. If I had it to do over I would have used a short 16mm nipple, and then a female adapter 16mm to 3/8. Then no machining would be needed. I'm very happy with how it looks, and in time I will see if the area stays free of vented oil. One thing for certain, it's sturdy. 

1597209890_2706474975f337d229241b2.04893729.jpg

Looks great and rugged as well. I reinforced the threaded tube with a metal pipe and used epoxy to repair the breather and it has held up for a while now. But I just know it will break one day just when I need i. So I ordered the metal parts mentioned earlier now instead of waiting for it to break and be down while waiting for the shipments. Interesting note about having to machine the adapter due to a protruding screw, need to take a close look now.