Alpha 6 owners check in!

I bought an Alpha 6...it was OK. Glass was pretty clear for sure...however, the fact that I couldn't zero the turrets and turrets were also a bit mushy was a deal breaker for me, so I returned it. As many have already mentioned this scope may be ideal if your just gonna hold and while I do hold, I also want to be able to dial. I cant say how it tracks as I only got as far as the turrets and put it back in the box. For the price its not bad. Just my .02.

I click with my scope, as I added stickers for yardage. It works perfect. Did you zero the turrets? 

Should have had it exchanged maybe that unit had an issue. For the money you can't beat it!

Glad its working out for you. No, I never even mounted the scope. Possibly a defective scope. I may try another down the road. Yes, for the money I agree seems hard to beat.

Sorry for my slow reply I’ve been slacking dammit! I recently received a package and just had some free time enough to fondle the goods... me likey! I tried the 2/3 version both ways (forward/backward?) as is was intended to be by the designer, and I kinda prefer it mounted upside-down/backwards but yrmv ... either way you mount one it’s a significant improvement! Something for everyone 👍🏻

BF0F84B7-4454-44FE-8FA4-E38F3D8BCFCE.1600327409.jpeg

20739329-709D-48C4-9068-9A445D06818F.1600327438.jpeg

The design is appealing, I really like it! 

Reactions: Batman2 and Odoyle
As I said, my Alpha 6 4.5-27x50 is as clear as any $500-$600 scope. Waaay better than two Discovery scopes I own. I’m going through my safe and comparing the Alpha 6 to some of my other scopes: Leupolds, Burris, Vortex Viper PST, and it is doing very well. I consider it very close to my Trijicon Accupoints.

Hey Cmatera, How does the Alpha 6 compare to your Vortex Viper PST?

I received the 4.5-27 today and I’m impressed. The clarity is really good. I have a couple Swarovski AV models and an older Zeiss DIATAL that I compared it to and the Alpha has clearer glass to me. I will be ordering another. Thanks YO!

Hey ClarkT, How does the Alpha 6 compare to your Swarovski AV and Zeiss scopes?

The glass is clearer or brighter maybe and the reticle is one of the nicest I’ve seen. I haven’t got to shoot with it yet but don’t foresee any problems. It’s a Great deal!

Reactions: Odoyle
I have one sitting in the box that I waiting to put on my Avenger, if it ever gets here. I bought a Brocock Bantam yesterday and thinking about putting it on that. But, the more I handle it the bigger and heavier it seems. I have really enjoyed my Hawke scopes in the same price range and much lighter. I don’t need an illuminated recticle. I may sell the Alpa and get two Hawkes.

Hey,darksights, I’d be interested in one of those round wheels also. Talking of dialing scopes. I have three Leupold with CDC reticle on centerfire Rifle’s that I dial and they work well. But I don’t shoot/hunt with those guns anywhere near as much as my air rifles. So much less wear and tear on those scopes. I can see where repeatedly dialing air rifle scopes could cause problems. I use holdover for my air rifles. Just my 2 cents.

Hey,darksights, I’d be interested in one of those round wheels also. Talking of dialing scopes. I have three Leupold with CDC reticle on centerfire Rifle’s that I dial and they work well. But I don’t shoot/hunt with those guns anywhere near as much as my air rifles. So much less wear and tear on those scopes. I can see where repeatedly dialing air rifle scopes could cause problems. I use holdover for my air rifles. Just my 2 cents.

Check out page 1 of this post - you’ll find the your answer for who to contact there. I wish I had something to do with making these, I’m just the beneficiary of others good work.

Everyone laughs at my UTG love
2764.svg
, but just wait till you see my car!

It's funny I recently bought back a rifle I really regretted selling (RWS 34) and the scope I sold with it was a humble 3-12x40 UTG (1-inch tube and front adjustable objective). Let me tell you that scope is really quite clear! The reticle is thick as a yard stick but even the big fat mildots are not too bad... In fact they are almost exactly the same size at 50y as the 1/2 stickers I use on my scrap cardboard for targets. How convenient! :) 

Are there any current sites selling the Alpha 6?

Everyone laughs at my UTG love
2764.svg
, but just wait till you see my car!

It's funny I recently bought back a rifle I really regretted selling (RWS 34) and the scope I sold with it was a humble 3-12x40 UTG (1-inch tube and front adjustable objective). Let me tell you that scope is really quite clear! The reticle is thick as a yard stick but even the big fat mildots are not too bad... In fact they are almost exactly the same size at 50y as the 1/2 stickers I use on my scrap cardboard for targets. How convenient! :) 

Are there any current sites selling the Alpha 6?

The UTG scopes are nowhere near as bad as some make them sound. At least the reticle is not so thin you can’t see it.