Almost too hot to hunt. But

we went crow hunting yesterday anyway. My buddy John(Jammin22) and a couple other guys plus my 12 yo Grandaughter went out Sunday morning to see if we could shoot a few crows. Turns out it was even too hot for them. We only shot three . Usually, we shoot at least five ore more at each set and twenty or more for the day. We had one set where we didn't even call any in. Very unusual. 

I did manage to get two crows and I shot a skunk at 104 yards. First shot went right over his head but I connected on the next two. 

We didn't get much but it was still a great day and my granddaughter liked it even though she never got a chance to shoot. Maybe next weekend will be better.

I snuck a pic of her watching.

1595246747_4737300145f15889bdc77c3.35128955.jpg

A bad day hunting is always better than good day at work. It was a good time and our Crow hunting group is up to 60 crows harvested to date. We are a little ways away from our bag limit of 152 crows last year but its fun trying. It was really Hot! We have a few more weeks to meet our goal. That was a damn good shot on that skunk with the Huben. Until next time...……………………………………………………..

I got to get a semi auto like a Huben maybe. The skunks around here are over running the place. I was getting ready to hop in the pickup just before sunup and roll around slow to get this one I had seen earlier head down the road when the wife said "you don't need to go chasing him look out the front door". There was at least 6 and several sizes. Only got the big one the rest scattered.