• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Almost lost my Ataman, BP17

I put a new wrap on my BP17.
I found it on a different web site than other wraps that I've used. While I didn't measure it, it's much thicker material than American made material (the new one is from Germany). It's also much harder to lay down nicely !
The wrap is actually a nice picture of dirt, rather than dried grass, but this worked well.

1666380326499.jpeg

Mike

Hmm, maybe should wrap the suppressor too ?

Thanks guys.

Max - The trigger isn't the best. Unless you like single stage action. I've messed with it, but can't seem to get any "slop" into the action, to be able to call it a double stage ! But once I put a few pellets though it, the trigger becomes...ok...for that amount of shooting, until I shoot some double stage triggers !
The trigger IS smooth, the let-off IS crisp, just no initial movement before the let-off.

Mike

THATS nice looking gun, how many shots you get with it and what pellets and speeds
Don't know the shot count. I haven't verified any of my guns for shot count. When the magazine is empty, I stop and refill. When the cylinder/bottle is around 125 bar, I stop and refill.

Pellets and speeds -
16 to 18grn, mostly FX, JSB and H&N. Occasionally, Air Arms. Speed, I've got all of my adjustable guns adjusted to about 800fps +/- a little. I don't shoot over 25yrds, so I don't feel the need to pound the gun to death, by shooting with high pressures, when it's just as accurate at that distance at lower pressures.

Here's a little closer shot -
1666415414497.jpeg

Mike

Reactions: N2 Shooter
I put a new wrap on my BP17.
I found it on a different web site than other wraps that I've used. While I didn't measure it, it's much thicker material than American made material (the new one is from Germany). It's also much harder to lay down nicely !
The wrap is actually a nice picture of dirt, rather than dried grass, but this worked well.

View attachment 299139

Mike
could you share the site where you bout the wrap or any similar ones? thanks

Years ago I went to great lengths to camo my hunting bow. One day I laid it down after shooting a deer while we waited the obligatory 45 minutes before following up on the deer.
We got up found a blood trail and followed it until we recovered the deer. At that point I realized I had left it up the hill where we had waited.
short story long, it took me forever to find it and walked past it several times. I quit putting camo on my bows and never bought one that had a camp finish.

But your gun looks awesome

could you share the site where you bout the wrap or any similar ones? thanks
It's a German company, but the wrap material was on the way quickly and only took about 10 days to get to SoCal.

The pattern that I used on this one is the "Arena-1"

There's another site that I've bought from (in the US) -

I buy the "sheet" material, because there isn't much in the way of air guns on their web site...both sites !

Chukar -

Good story !
And thanks.

Mike

I've been contemplating skinning my Maverick, but I'm just not that artistically inclined to wrap it myself, so I better buy two full kits so I can also wrap my scope.
The Maverick should be mostly pretty easy, being that it's all flat panels. Just the barrel shroud and suppressor arent, but being that they are actually...round...and not some oddball shape, they should be pretty easy too.

Just go slow, don't be in a hurry.

I have one more set of skins similar to the one that I used above. I was also thinking about doing one of my "chassis" guns, but...not sure.

Mike

Last edited: