• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

All time top 3 PCP's

Hey Guys and Gals,

Went shooting with a buddy if mine today and took along a well round stock of different guns to shoot...

He is fairly new to the hobby and asked if you could have only 3 PCP airguns what would they be (why)?

Got me thinking....Still haven't answered his question as the more I think about it the more I can make an argument fkr a number of guns!

So I ask you.....If you could have ONLY 3 PCP airguns what would they be?

Be well all,

Dr. Mike 

I only have 1, and will likely only have 1 for a very, very long time. I am neither a collector, nor a hunter that has power requirements that favor having multiple rifles.

I think any pcp is capable, as capable as the man who is tuning and shooting it. So really, the tuner/shooter is far more important than the model/manufacturer, and I ain't picking anybody else to do my shooting for me.

I'm interested in the Daystate electronic guns but am a little shy about the reliability of electronics. Are they easy to maintain? Expensive to repair? How do you program them?

A kindergartener can do it. Got Air Wolf's some pretty DAMN old. Worried about electronics go and get yourself a cheaper Daystate Renegade instead with one simple factory set pretty spot on power level. Nothing to mess with and mechanical with fly by wire trigger that you may easily adjust yourself if you need it lighter than clicking a mouse. Yo! 

@YO, but I keep reading that you need a programmer, Helliboard?, and never hear them touted on these forums as much as mechanical guns such as FX. Do you actually prefer the electronics or mostly a DayState fan? What about a nice rifle like the Wolverine, side lever, Huma Regulated?

You really DONT NEED any of the programmer or Heliboard. They shoot great straight out of their box or gun cases if you get the BULLPUPS. I like the fly by wire electronic triggers so I probably wouldn't think of buying a Wolverine but I got the Regal XL and trigger not as good so I don't shoot it. I chose the Daystates due to their unparalled electronic triggers and I own pretty much mostly everything I think is worth having. But I'm a collector. Unless I already know it's a piece of CRAP I don't buy it. Yo!