All Things PARD Night Vision & Thermal Optics Thread

No side by side first hand knowledge but the 940nm is less visible to animals or humans looking at it, more stealth. It is also said to be shorter range but I haven't had any issues with mine at the yardages I use it at, say 200 yds or less. Haven't really tested it further.
@SpringfieldScooter The answer to this question depends upon your needs.
And all it means is the light on the unit is at that wavelength. Most of us night shooters use an external light, and leave that one off. You can buy one of each and test it. I use a floodlight over my yard that’s always on.

Thank you for your help!

Does anyone know if the update for the Pard NV008SP LRF will work to update the Pard NV008S units?
This is the title of the update "Model Name: NV008SP(LRF) Release Date: 2023/09/27" found here:

@PARD_Tech Do you know?

Does anyone know if the update for the Pard NV008SP LRF will work to update the Pard NV008S units?
This is the title of the update "Model Name: NV008SP(LRF) Release Date: 2023/09/27" found here:

@PARD_Tech Do you know?
The firmware of NV008SP cannot be used on NV008S.
In addition, NV008SP2 will be launched in February.

No side by side first hand knowledge but the 940nm is less visible to animals or humans looking at it, more stealth. It is also said to be shorter range but I haven't had any issues with mine at the yardages I use it at, say 200 yds or less. Haven't really tested it further I have an 850 and yes, you can see a faint red light. But considering I've shot racoons, coyotes, and rabbits using a straight red lensed flashlight attached to my scope without any issues I don't think the red glow of the 850 will matter. Yes, I've had animals look at it for a second, but then they go about their business. This is for both urban, conditioned animals and rural run at any hint of human animals.

Pard DS35 on sale at DVOR for $537.00 (priced on Pard's site currently at $799). It says the sale will last for 6 days, but if they sell out before that period elapses, then you miss out. Also note how the savings can be and often are exaggerated. Still a good deal at $537.00
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 11.17.28 AM.png

Pard's current pricing on their site
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 11.16.17 AM.png

Reactions: Florida_Man
@PARD_Tech Perhaps I wasn't clear with my questions. Which improvements or features does the Pard NV008SP have that are not offered on the NV008s or may be better than what is offered in the Pard NV008s units? How do the NV008s and the NV008SP differ?
The main difference is the sensor: 2688*1520 on SP2 vs 1920x1080 on NV008S and the screen resolution: 1440*1080 on SP2 vs. 1024x768 on NV008S.

The LRF range is decreased from 1200m for NV008S to 1000m for NV008SP2

And the price of cource :) SP2 is a bit cheaper than NV008S ;)

I do not see other differences !

Reactions: Ezana4CE
The NV008SLRF is on sale as well, via Pards web site.

Unfortunately, at this time, the 850nm version, is out of stock, however the 940nm is still available at $599.40

@SpringfieldScooter You've been asking lazy questions that you can find answers for yourself. You have asked questions about specs that you can read and draw your own conclusions. Then there's the ballistic calculator question as if a company is going to change that feature between models without specifying this change in their advertisements and product description. What would prompt them to change something that works effectively without a lot of criticism from users and reviewers in previous versions? Check the firmware updates. Buy what you want and can afford. Then figure out what you like from there. Best advice I can offer to these sort of questions.

Last edited:
The main difference is the sensor: 2688*1520 on SP2 vs 1920x1080 on NV008S and the screen resolution: 1440*1080 on SP2 vs. 1024x768 on NV008S.

The LRF range is decreased from 1200m for NV008S to 1000m for NV008SP2

And the price of cource :) SP2 is a bit cheaper than NV008S ;)

I do not see other differences !
@shaman The Pard NV 008SP is not a model I'm too familiar with. Looks like the resolution is the same as the DS35, just in the NV008 housing.

Trying to Zero the DS35-50R and cannot get it to zero. I've followed the zero instructions. The problem is that the Y axis is maxed out at -192 and my rifle still shoots about 2.5" low at 20 yards. The X axis is fine adjusted to x 84. I've tried different scope rings and even put everything on a different rifle and still shoots low with no more adjustment allowed on the Y axis. What now? I really don't want to shim the scope. It seems there should be more adjustment available on the Y axis. I've contacted Pard support. Has anyone else had this issue?
You can try shimming the rear ring up or Burris signature series rings or eagle vision adjustable rings both work really well for adding more adjustments to the scope
I really don't like the idea of having to "shim" this brand new scope. The fact that it shoots way too low on every setup that I have tried tells me it is a scope issue, either mechanical or software related. If no one else is reporting this issue, then I must have a dud. For reference, out of the box, it shoots 12"+ low at 20 yards. When attempting to zero, with Y axis maxed out, it still shoots around 3" low...
I was really hoping that this was not an issue with the DS35 by it being housed in a tube similar to a traditional rifle scope. I thin the benefit is that once it is shimmed within a one-piece cantilever mount it should be easy to transfer between guns and save various zeroes to different profiles. This is an example of a mount that might be good.

What I'm hesitant about is after making adjustments in the mount (to be sure that there is adequate room to move the POA on the "y" axis before running out) is having enough room to make adjustments on the "y" axis when zeroing the scope for another rifle (and user profile) without disturbing the initial adjustments that you made within the mount (or with your shims however you accomplished zeroing your scope suing them).

Last edited:
@SpringfieldScooter You've been asking lazy questions that you can find answers for yourself. You have asked questions about specs that you can read and draw your own conclusions. Then there's the ballistic calculator question as if a company is going to change that feature between models without specifying this change in their advertisements and product description. What would prompt them to change something that works effectively without a lot of criticism from users and reviewers in previous versions? Check the firmware updates. Buy what you want and can afford. Then figure out what you like from there. Best advice I can offer to these sort of questions.
Didnt mean to rattle your cage Ezana4cE !
Whats "lazy" to you, is actually the fact that digital scopes with ballistic calculators useing LRF's, is ever changing and all new to me.
Carry on your highness, without me!