• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

All Things PARD Night Vision & Thermal Optics Thread

I was curious is there was a battery drain when the PARD DS35 was off, it's been sitting on one of my rifles in the cool/cold garage for 6 weeks, had about 5/8th of a charge then, checked it this AM and, still has 5/8ths. answered that question no drain.

Took gun out, a nice day here. Over 1 hrs of steady use and I still had a charge. Now this WAS broad daylight so no night vision drain. Next will be a full charge, or grab another battery and use night vision.

Last edited:
@HogKiller - tap the "power" button when you aren't looking through the scope to put it to sleep to see how much additional drain that will save. I do that whenever I am taking a rest to preserve battery life, but I have never done enough testing to see what the savings really boils down to.
I was merely curious if there was a drain in the off mode, in a sleep mode, didn't know there was one, there has to be some drain. Frankly I'm not horribly worried about it, I've got 8 spare batteries, but I do also have 4 flashlights that use the same batteries and my Zulus, coming in on Wed uses the same batteries. Seeing as my nighttime shooting is currently close to zero, it's more of a what the heck, let's play thing.

What on earth type of scope is this?
Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 2.10.02 PM.png

I guess it's this scope. https://pard.com/td32-series-multi-spectral-scope/

Reactions: Airgun Al
Does anyone know if the update for the Pard NV008SP LRF will work to update the Pard NV008S units?
This is the title of the update "Model Name: NV008SP(LRF) Release Date: 2023/09/27" found here:

@PARD_Tech Do you know?

I believe that there is a typo. The update is for the clip-on Pard NV007SP LRF and I don't believe there is a NV008SP.

What on earth type of scope is this? View attachment 424965

I guess it's this scope. https://pard.com/td32-series-multi-spectral-scope/

That's the TD32 I've been eyeing. Price point dropped $1100 since post #62...I may be a buyer again...
Three weeks ago this unit was 4,099. At $2,999 I'd have jumped on one before the New Year.

Thermal on bottom, NV on the top. LRF and ir illuminator mounted to the sides.

Thermal FOV should be right around 32'/100 yards @ 3x opitical zoom.
NV FOV should be right around 15'/100 yards @ 6.5x optical zoom.

A PARD TD32.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: PumaCarl
@PARD_Tech
Have you guys thought about a daytime digital scope? There really isn't anything on the market. If there was something around $300 bucks I bet it would sell. An NV008S size without the IR illuminator.

I love my PARD NV008S and have it setup to start recording on power-up in IR.
I would like a dedicated daytime pesting rifle with a digital scope. I could keep track of my pesting for the year via video.

@PARD_Tech
Have you guys thought about a daytime digital scope? There really isn't anything on the market. If there was something around $300 bucks I bet it would sell. An NV008S size without the IR illuminator.

I love my PARD NV008S and have it setup to start recording on power-up in IR.
I would like a dedicated daytime pesting rifle with a digital scope. I could keep track of my pesting for the year via video.
@Florida_Man Closest thing I see. https://pard.com/ds3-2/

I wish it was at least 100 bucks cheaper. I can get a new NV008S non lrf for $420.

As @Ezana4CE states the image quality is better 2560x1440 vs. 1920x1080.
The eye relief is 100mm (four inches) opposed to the 008 @ 35mm.
It uses standard scope rings and likely would/could be mounted closer to the centerline of the bore.

For some and I'd venture to say many the traditional look is a plus.

Reactions: Florida_Man
I have the NV008SP(LRF) on my BRK 22 XR Sniper and use it for both day and night but now mostly night. It's rougher on the close shots due to the 6.5 power at the 1st level. I use the NV007SP(LRF) on my EVOL 22 and Wolverine R 177 for night shooting with regular scopes. And finally I have the SA32-19 on a Wolverine R 22 that is dedicated night shooting. I still have not gotten out to hunt with the SA32 yet due to temperatures too low to go out without gloves on, but will try and get some videos of all the above for everyone.

Reactions: Airgun Al