All Things PARD Night Vision & Thermal Optics Thread

@roaoro - I went through the "shimming" process thanks to @Ezana4CE helpful guide. I used a bit heavier gauge metal than he did with the aluminum. I had the low shooting problem when I put the NV008s LRF on my EVOL. I agree with you that the elevation should be adjusted in the scope - either digitally or physically - so hopefully PARD will review our comments! That being said, once I had the shim in place on the PARD mount, I was able to move it from gun to gun with very minimal re-sighting!

@dens228 - I also have an NV007s and I have 3 extra batteries that I take all the time with me! I will say that the internal IR seems to be a lot brighter than my standalone IRs that I have purchased to use with the PARD and other NV scopes, so it seems to drain batteries quicker.

Reactions: dens228
I've been pondering the TD32 multispectral thermal/NV scope. While comparing the specs I noticed that the FOV on the NV portion is almost identical to the PARD 008 that I already own and that both units are advertised as having a 70mm objective lens. Am I reading those specs wrong? Putting calipers on my 008 it sports a 27mm objective lens. Makes me wonder what the 35mm germanium objective lens on the thermal portion of this scope measures.

Who here owns a PARD thermal? Can you measure and report the size of the lens along with the model number?

I've been pondering the TD32 multispectral thermal/NV scope. While comparing the specs I noticed that the FOV on the NV portion is almost identical to the PARD 008 that I already own and that both units are advertised as having a 70mm objective lens. Am I reading those specs wrong? Putting calipers on my 008 it sports a 27mm objective lens. Makes me wonder what the 35mm germanium objective lens on the thermal portion of this scope measures.

Who here owns a PARD thermal? Can you measure and report the size of the lens along with the model number?
70mm is the length of the lens, not the width.

@Hal4son - I have been jonesing for a multi-spectral unit also. The TD32 is just "for sale" - there is no sale price on it. The new front attachments are also very interesting but also not on sale. I went ahead and ordered the SA32-19 LRF as it will suit very well for night ratting and sub-50 yard nighttime shots and the price is excellent for a 12 micron 384k rig with a lrf!! I'll use the NV tools I have for now for the longer range night shots. This was a very inexpensive way to try out thermal without having to ask the wife permission for the purchase! LOL

Reactions: Hal4son
  • Haha
Reactions: Ezana4CE
@Hal4son - The SA32 arrived today! Great price, free 3 day shipping and no sales tax is a great way to start! So far just turning it on and looking through it, I'm hooked! The 19mm objective lens is going to be great for ratting and close in shooting (75 yards and under). I have a cheap thermal monocular that I can now see won't be used much anymore. And it's use is the same as the NV008S-LRF. I can't sight it in today but will tomorrow and see if an unluck rabbit makes its way over to me and I'll try and film the drama. So far extremely please with the purchase.

Reactions: Hal4son
Here's a movie I took while walking the dog tonight. It was actually drizzling tonight with a lot of cloud cover and almost foggy. I had the SA32 in my hand, so not my usual hunting scenario which is a tripod or bipod mount to steady my aim. I think I can fine-tune the focus with a bit more practice. I did zoom in quickly after the first rabbit moved. Let me know what you all think. For me, I think it will work nicely for the sub 50 pesting scenarios I normally have - especially at night. The video has been reformatted from it's raw MP4 (74MB) to an HD for youtube format (14MB) and the original MP4 has a lot better definition.

1704128415556.png