All Things PARD Night Vision & Thermal Optics Thread

I hope this helps...

1700607408027.png

I have the nv007SP LRF. Works well for it's purpose, but the flexible eye piece is soooo stiff, it doesn't really angle/flex to the eye when pressing against it. I've seen some scopes with an actual angled piece. Any ideas where to get one that would fit this?
@roaoro I have no idea, but that’s a good question. I asked a similar question to @PARD_Tech. Knowing how and where to purchase spare parts for these scopes would be helpful.

Last edited:
How can the IR Illuminati r be a laser?
I thought lasers were tightly focused pin point lights, not “flood lights” that light up a big area. IR lights are usually like flashlights or tourches.
Are you not perhaps getting confused with the LRF - Laser Range Finder?
Not confused. Heed the warning. I also have an additional IR Illuminator laser or "torch" purchased from the UK.

eta- Here's an example. https://opticfire.co.uk/products/equinox-vcsel-laser-ir-illuminator

Last edited:
Review/Critique of Pard TA32-25 (640) Thermal Monocular (Spotter) https://www.airgun101.com/russdougl...pinions-then-various-example-spotting-footage

I like this critique. This unit has a metal body, runs off of a rechargeable and removable 18650 battery, is compact and the image quality looks decent in this video. There's side-by-side thermal and cell phone footage of the same areas and animals to see the difference. I'd like to see how the IQ stacks up against other thermal monoculars in this price range and sensor level..

Last edited:
Trying to Zero the DS35-50R and cannot get it to zero. I've followed the zero instructions. The problem is that the Y axis is maxed out at -192 and my rifle still shoots about 2.5" low at 20 yards. The X axis is fine adjusted to x 84. I've tried different scope rings and even put everything on a different rifle and still shoots low with no more adjustment allowed on the Y axis. What now? I really don't want to shim the scope. It seems there should be more adjustment available on the Y axis. I've contacted Pard support. Has anyone else had this issue?

Trying to Zero the DS35-50R and cannot get it to zero. I've followed the zero instructions. The problem is that the Y axis is maxed out at -192 and my rifle still shoots about 2.5" low at 20 yards. The X axis is fine adjusted to x 84. I've tried different scope rings and even put everything on a different rifle and still shoots low with no more adjustment allowed on the Y axis. What now? I really don't want to shim the scope. It seems there should be more adjustment available on the Y axis. I've contacted Pard support. Has anyone else had this issue?
You can try shimming the rear ring up or Burris signature series rings or eagle vision adjustable rings both work really well for adding more adjustments to the scope

Reactions: Ezana4CE
The left and right distance of the crosshair can be larger, and the upper and lower distances can be smaller. It is recommended to add tape in the mount to solve the problem of insufficient distance between the upper and lower zeros, I will upload a video later.

DS35.png

Last edited:
Amazes me how @Ezana4CE keeps purchasing the latest scopes, rifles and equipment.

Is he rich?
@ EFEM- why on earth would you ask that in the middle of this resourceful thread and big time derail it? What business is it of yours, anyway, what a guy chooses to buy? If you read thru a lot of the threads here on AGN, you will find people that buy three top tier scopes at a time, and guys that buy the latest from FX and three days before the latest from Daystate? To those folks, I say 👍👌🤛!

How to deal with insufficient Y-axis when DS35 is reset to zero.

I really don't like the idea of having to "shim" this brand new scope. The fact that it shoots way too low on every setup that I have tried tells me it is a scope issue, either mechanical or software related. If no one else is reporting this issue, then I must have a dud. For reference, out of the box, it shoots 12"+ low at 20 yards. When attempting to zero, with Y axis maxed out, it still shoots around 3" low...

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I really don't like the idea of having to "shim" this brand new scope. The fact that it shoots way too low on every setup that I have tried tells me it is a scope issue, either mechanical or software related. If no one else is reporting this issue, then I must have a dud. For reference, out of the box, it shoots 12"+ low at 20 yards. When attempting to zero, with Y axis maxed out, it still shoots around 3" low...
I went through this with my NV008s LRF.

i just got a pard nv007v 940nm 12mm lens from bhphoto, the IR is so powerful that it completely whites out the center of the picture, and this is on lvl 1, putting it on lvl2 or 3 it just gets much worse, i have to look at something about 100y out to see detail in the center part, its like the illuminator doesnt spread the beam wide enough, i tried exposure setting and the only setting that works is -1, at any of the settings its only the center part pf the picture that is illuminated...this is all when using as a hand held. mounted behind scope it acts pretty much like the 850nm model

i also have a 850nm nv007v, and its illuminator spreads the light much more and does not white out the middle, so is the 940nm faulty ?

pictures, wall+ tree is 13y away, one is IR zoomed in and the other all the way out IR level 1, exposure -1 .....pic of tree behind transformer is 60y out and the IR is still overpowering the center on its lowest

2021_0101_104055_002.JPG

2021_0101_104038_001.JPG

2021_0101_104155_006.JPG

Reactions: PumaCarl
@CygnusX Have you tried adjusting the IR light? If you grab the round black housing (of the IR bulb) you can pull and push the light in and out to a certain degree. Doing so focuses the IR light beam tightly and diffuses the light for a wider field of view. Play with the light and see if this solves your issue.

If that fails to correct the issue, you can elect to switch off the integrated IR and use a standalone 940 nm torch. Using a standalone torch is a good way to preserve battery life so they you can extend your run time of the scope off of a single battery.

Reactions: PumaCarl

You might want to look at some mounting options from Eagle Vision.

@CygnusX Have you tried adjusting the IR light? If you grab the round black housing (of the IR bulb) you can pull and push the light in and out to a certain degree. Doing so focuses the IR light beam tightly and diffuses the light for a wider field of view. Play with the light and see if this solves your issue.

If that fails to correct the issue, you can elect to switch off the integrated IR and use a standalone 940 nm torch. Using a standalone torch is a good way to preserve battery life so they you can extend your run time of the scope off of a single battery.
if you look at the first picture beam is concentrated (lens pulled out), second picture of tree and wall, is with lens pushed in for maximum spread....beam would be grat if i was shooting 300y....last pictures is max spread on tree's 60y away and the light is still overpowering

i just got a pard nv007v 940nm 12mm lens from bhphoto, the IR is so powerful that it completely whites out the center of the picture, and this is on lvl 1, putting it on lvl2 or 3 it just gets much worse, i have to look at something about 100y out to see detail in the center part, its like the illuminator doesnt spread the beam wide enough, i tried exposure setting and the only setting that works is -1, at any of the settings its only the center part pf the picture that is illuminated...this is all when using as a hand held. mounted behind scope it acts pretty much like the 850nm model

i also have a 850nm nv007v, and its illuminator spreads the light much more and does not white out the middle, so is the 940nm faulty ?

pictures, wall+ tree is 13y away, one is IR zoomed in and the other all the way out IR level 1, exposure -1 .....pic of tree behind transformer is 60y out and the IR is still overpowering the center on its lowest

View attachment 412465

View attachment 412466

View attachment 412467
Is that wall in the first two pics white by chance?