All Things PARD Night Vision & Thermal Optics Thread

I like the D35 better than the NV008S. One of the best features of the D35 is the reticle self centers after you zero it! To get the reticle in the center of the view finder on the NV008S you have to shim the base mount or get one of the adjustable bases that seem to only be available overseas! The NV008S is much more compact, but beyond that, it doesn't have much more going for it over the D35.
Yeah my Nv008S is set up perfectly for me. I always buy something and a newer version comes out soon after. It’s my luck haha

@Florida_Man You're in luck - the NV008SP is coming out!

I dipped into the Arkens, but with the 5x20 it just isn't as good for the close ratting I like to do. It is much better for day and anything over 30 yards it is very good!

But I will say again, the sale on the SA32/19 with LRF was too good at $1300 for a 384k thermal scope and it works great for ratting!

I got a reply from PARD yesterday, the e-mail contained the file FWPD08S.BIN. I updated the firmware and the firmware date went from 08-22-2022 to 11-2-2022. I have not found any difference in this one from the one that was on it to begin with. The software engineers probably just changed the date to appease me! I did reply and specifically asked if they plan on adding multiple zoom levels and the auto centering reticle like the D35. If they respond I'll post what I find out.

• Haha
Reactions: Pfddi
@FLgunner No noticeable difference with the firmware update? Smh. Thanks for letting us know.
Yep, that's why I kinda felt like they just changed the date to appease me! I mainly just checked for the multiple zoom levels and the self centering reticle and nothing changed there. I'm going to dig into it more today, if I find anything significant, I'll post it here.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I got a reply from PARD yesterday, the e-mail contained the file FWPD08S.BIN. I updated the firmware and the firmware date went from 08-22-2022 to 11-2-2022. I have not found any difference in this one from the one that was on it to begin with. The software engineers probably just changed the date to appease me! I did reply and specifically asked if they plan on adding multiple zoom levels and the auto centering reticle like the D35. If they respond I'll post what I find out.
I hate to say it but I've done that before for a client that wanted change after change after change that would effect nothing! Hopefully they at least optimized something or fixed a few issues rather than change the date!

@PARD_Tech

I just received my DS35 scope today. It's not even mounted on a rifle yet. It got dark so I wanted to see how it does and looked out the back window.
I flip the objective cover open and the whole thing comes off. Is it just held on with glue? The latch is way stronger than what is holding it on.
You can imagine, I've not very happy.

I don't think I've ever tried to open mine, I just twist the aperture open, which works fine in the dark also. That ring on the piece that fell off looks like it might just snap on, maybe it wasn't pressed into place firm enough. I'd reach out to PARD regardless and let them know, it shouldn't come off that easy.

I don't think I've ever tried to open mine, I just twist the aperture open, which works fine in the dark also. That ring on the piece that fell off looks like it might just snap on, maybe it wasn't pressed into place firm enough. I'd reach out to PARD regardless and let them know, it shouldn't come off that easy.
@FLgunner If you zoom in there appears to be a gob of glue in the objective lens area on the scope.

I received a reply. I hope this is something I can fix. I hope the video clears things up with how I can fix it.

IMG_2811.png