Huben All Things HUBEN K1

My reg is currently set at 17-18 bar. The setting I've got at 42 clicks on the power wheel seems to be the sweet spot for my 50grs.
Nice, I didn't try then at that low of a reg setting and I definitely did not count clicks lol. But goot to know you dont have to ahve the reg cranked up to shoot the 50grs.

Very unfortunate about the unintended consequences of Now having a leak after having the gun repaired..so-called.

As For the initial problem of poor accuracy
The 1st Place to look When having accuracy problems out of a proven platform like the Huben is baffle clipping.
If there is no sloppiness In the baffle stack, then next try Slightly opening up The pass through holes.

Huben baffles are hard stamped metal, so A stone type cutter works better than traditional drill bit.

A straight dowel (Carbon arrows work great )with with blunt end, So as not damage the Crown will ensure proper alignment when tightening down the bafflestack.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Nice, I didn't try then at that low of a reg setting and I definitely did not count clicks lol. But goot to know you dont have to ahve the reg cranked up to shoot the 50grs.
Yeah, very true. I think that was my biggest mistake when I tried to raise my FPS from the 820 I was getting. I just couldn't get any faster, so I kept cranking the reg up and slowly increasing the power wheel. I truly think when Kelly put my 30 bellevue washers in, that made the complete difference. Dunno, but I'm not touching it again! HAHA

What was your reg set to? Because the 2022 huben k1 that @gendoc has was mine, and with setting the reg at 200b the most I could get out of it was shooting the 47grain slugs at 963fps
I fill to 5000psi. Tuned to 18 bar or1 more click. I set reg by condensing my spread. Keep going up till I get there. More wastes air. Too low will screw up gun. Might jam PELLETS in baffles. I have not stuck a slug. I get almost 3 magazines @ this setting.

I fill to 5000psi. Tuned to 18 bar or1 more click. I set reg by condensing my spread. Keep going up till I get there. More wastes air. Too low will screw up gun. Might jam PELLETS in baffles. I have not stuck a slug. I get almost 3 magazines @ this setting.
I tuned the 38.5gr 254 nsa at 970fps with the reg at 160ish bar. From a 290b fill I would get 2 mags and some change. I jammed slugs in there once or twice. The first time I messed uo by taking the barrel off when I did not need to. I sent the gun out to ge repaired and it got recentered and ahd the mag chamfered and polised. Then I did it again accidentally but took the slug out without taking the barrel off and it retained it's POI within 1 click (Mil scope). The one thing I don't like about that gun is having to seat every single projectile.

I tuned the 38.5gr 254 nsa at 970fps with the reg at 160ish bar. From a 290b fill I would get 2 mags and some change. I jammed slugs in there once or twice. The first time I messed uo by taking the barrel off when I did not need to. I sent the gun out to ge repaired and it got recentered and ahd the mag chamfered and polised. Then I did it again accidentally but took the slug out without taking the barrel off and it retained it's POI within 1 click (Mil scope). The one thing I don't like about that gun is having to seat every single projectile.
Slugs only need to be seated by thumb. As long as the mag turns freely. Pellets need to be seated deeper. Kelly gave me an ink pen gizmo to seat pellets with. I used a golf tee before. Be careful not to over seat. They don't need to be bottomed out. You can feel the Rifling grab the pellet, that's enough.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Slugs only need to be seated by thumb. As long as the mag turns freely. Pellets need to be seated deeper. Kelly gave me an ink pen gizmo to seat pellets with. I used a golf tee before. Be careful not to over seat. They don't need to be bottomed out. You can feel the Rifling grab the pellet, that's enough.
Yeah, but the NSA .254 fit pretty tight, you can't push those all the way in with just your thumb.

The only pellets that would grab the rifling hard enough to not blow back were the 33.95gr and the hades.

Yeah, but the NSA .254 fit pretty tight, you can't push those all the way in with just your thumb.

The only pellets that would grab the rifling hard enough to not blow back were the 33.95gr and the hades.
I don't have any problem seating the slugs. You know, I'm not a fan of h&N, but I haven't tried them. Need the big pellets. I had JSB 33.95 blow apart and or jam for some reason. Maybe too low reg. Any way around, $186 to get it back in operation. No more pellets. I have a Maverick for pellets and slugs.

I don't have any problem seating the slugs. You know, I'm not a fan of h&N, but I haven't tried them. Need the big pellets. I had JSB 33.95 blow apart and or jam for some reason. Maybe too low reg. Any way around, $186 to get it back in operation. No more pellets. I have a Maverick for pellets and slugs.
Well my problem wasn't necessarily with seating them but requiring to seat them. I'm always on the move pesting for iguanas. So it's more convenient for me to just open a lid and place the slugs or pellets in rather than seating them in and having my thumb be sore for a few hours from pushing the ammo in.

What year is your gun? Mine is a 2022 and I thought I needed to take every apart to get it fixed when I jammed mine. But I really would've been fine had I not take the barrel out. Have you seen gregors video on taking it apart of the v2?

There a awesome rifle but a PIA if they go wrong, I’ve had accuracy issues with mine for ages originally caused by a jam up, then i got thrown way of course as when i sorted the jam it was clipping the baffles so I replaced these and it was still un accurate then i changed the black rubber bung thing as Kelly recommended as these wear but it turned out to be a very slight misalignment of the barrel to the mag took me ages to find the issue but all good again now big smiles from me…..

Bloody hell I spoke to soon so i have my K1 shooting like a laser again but i have another problem after filling or leaving the K1 sat it wont fire regardless of how i pull the trigger, And the safety switch gets stuck so its in live fire mode and wont return to safety mode I can eventually get it to fire if i keep pulling the trigger (20-30 times) and i have adjusted the rear 2 trigger screws in and out and adjusted the reg up and down also the power wheel up and down and can not stop the fault anyone got any ideas ???

Bloody hell I spoke to soon so i have my K1 shooting like a laser again but i have another problem after filling or leaving the K1 sat it wont fire regardless of how i pull the trigger, And the safety switch gets stuck so its in live fire mode and wont return to safety mode I can eventually get it to fire if i keep pulling the trigger (20-30 times) and i have adjusted the rear 2 trigger screws in and out and adjusted the reg up and down also the power wheel up and down and can not stop the fault anyone got any ideas ???
Try this

Post #13

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Well i have taken the advice from jacespace as per above posts and still no joy the K1 fires when it wants to,
i polished the recommended parts rebuilt it including a new striker spring and striker buffer and it fired on around the first 10-15 shots then jammed up again so i put it away for a while as i was getting really frustrated,
i have stripped and opened up the main receiver body thinking i will strip as far as i can go and replace every thing on starting to strip i came across this damaged rubber part (pic attached) but for the life of me i can not identify the part ?, it is around 3-3.5mm in diameter and about 10mm in length but looks almost like a rubber pin with serrated edge or I suppose it could be a large damaged rubber oring but no idea where from if any one can please help ??..

IMG_8392.jpeg

Well i have taken the advice from jacespace as per above posts and still no joy the K1 fires when it wants to,
i polished the recommended parts rebuilt it including a new striker spring and striker buffer and it fired on around the first 10-15 shots then jammed up again so i put it away for a while as i was getting really frustrated,
i have stripped and opened up the main receiver body thinking i will strip as far as i can go and replace every thing on starting to strip i came across this damaged rubber part (pic attached) but for the life of me i can not identify the part ?, it is around 3-3.5mm in diameter and about 10mm in length but looks almost like a rubber pin with serrated edge or I suppose it could be a large damaged rubber oring but no idea where from if any one can please help ??..

View attachment 458098
You may need to contact kelly from krazy cool.

Or contact @randy_68 He seems to know a thing or two.