Huben All Things HUBEN K1

sorry Ezana, "all things" i thought kind of included 3d printed parts. I'll start a new thread for parts.
@wimpanzee With that attitude, I doubt you’re sorry. Read my previous post again. I didn’t say anything initially because, well yea, “All Things…,” but using common sense and having consideration for others should be exercised as well. Hijacking threads is a thing.

I WAS sorry so I started my own thread. Your snarkiness has caused that feeling to fade.

It is not like we started talking about sidewinders or FX guns - comments were on topic bruv, and maybe you need a chill pill. It's fine, I'll take my crayons to my own thread.

@wimpanzee It didn’t read like a genuine apology to me. If it truly was, I apologize to you for misinterpreting what you meant to communicate. I saw your new thread. It may be a good one for its intended purposes. Thanks for tying it in to this thread.
I actually appreciated all of the stuff on making it easier to load the Huben, I don't see how someone making parts for the gun that this post is about is hijacking the thread. Do you have anything new that you can offer about the Huban k1? Anything that's new that none of us know about? If not then why do you care that someone is talking about something and keeping this thread alive and people interested about the gun?
I WAS sorry so I started my own thread. Your snarkiness has caused that feeling to fade.

It is not like we started talking about sidewinders or FX guns - comments were on topic bruv, and maybe you need a chill pill. It's fine, I'll take my crayons to my own thread.

I can't speak for everyone but me personally I appreciate what you were posting. Since nobody else here has anything new to add about this gun right now, you were actually doing this threat a service in my opinion.

Ok, so most common place to look for a slow leak. When I fill the gun, over time it will slowly leak down. I have not searched for it yet, but figure I have an oring nicked or something common. Looking for suggestions for the most common places before I start searching.

Thanks
Glenn
@GlenV Check around your fill port and manometers (gauges). These are common areas for leaks in PCPs. Haven’t had a leak in my Huben yet. But the above suggested areas are where I’d start looking.

I had a slow leak, 10 bar a day. Kelly gave me a couple of places to look, o ring in gauges, nope; oring # 55 found under the loading gate, nope. The culprit was # 77 on the end of the regulator. A note of caution when removing collar around gauge in the front of air tube there are 2 small springs and detent balls, you'll neer find them if they escape.

Not to beat the proverbial dead horse. Look at these pics I took off a video of someone with the gate on their walnut stocked Huben and you can see what he sanded off.

IMG_2485.jpeg

IMG_2484.jpeg

Ok, so most common place to look for a slow leak. When I fill the gun, over time it will slowly leak down. I have not searched for it yet, but figure I have an oring nicked or something common. Looking for suggestions for the most common places before I start searching.

Thanks
Glenn
i was wondering how would you know that it is the regulator that is leaking? So could this work: turn the regulator external adjustment screw anticlockwise to reduce regulator pressure to the extent that the plenum empties completely and the regulator manometer is showing zero. If the cylinder pressure remains the same after 3-4days then the leak is not in the cylinder quickfill valve or the regulator, but instead is somewhere in the action. Does this sound right or am I missing something?

I purchased one of Glenn's loading gates and so far it works great I can load two at a time and with a partial rotate can load a third looking at it closely if I sand a tiny amount off of the stock at the bottom I'll be able to load 4 pellets at a time, Glenn also sent me a few of his seating tools in three different lengths the shortest are to short for the 18.13 I shoot most and the medium length is just right maybe slightly long the long works well also just more than it needs to be they are all a snug fit into the magazine I am just going to leave one in the pellet tin so its handy whenever I reload.

Thank You Glenn

Terry

Reactions: GlennV
Finally had some time to get it set up today. I’m still waiting on the eBay guy to send some new loading gates to try. He made some changes to them so they would work with the wood stock. Now I can go after the bunnies that have eating all my plants. Is anybody running a aftermarket moderator on there’s? Mine is pretty loud. Also has anybody tried shooting any of the 17-20 grain slugs? If so can you please share your tune. Mine is currently shooting the 28 grain Zan‘s with the reg at 17 MPa and the power wheel at 28 or 29 clicks. I’d like to see if it will shoot the lighter slugs so I can increase my shot count and quiet it down a little more.
IMG_2677.jpeg

i was wondering how would you know that it is the regulator that is leaking? So could this work: turn the regulator external adjustment screw anticlockwise to reduce regulator pressure to the extent that the plenum empties completely and the regulator manometer is showing zero. If the cylinder pressure remains the same after 3-4days then the leak is not in the cylinder quickfill valve or the regulator, but instead is somewhere in the action. Does this sound right or am I missing something?
I was actually repeating what someone else had told me to make sure I had it correct.

Been on-and-off tempted by one of these for some time now, but wondering about the machining quality of the barrel now that it is no longer sourced from a storied manufacturer.

Link attached contains a montage of images of this guy’s K1 barrel crown, which looks quite rough.

Anyone who owns one had the opportunity to inspect your K1’s barrel to see if this guy’s issue is a one-off, or is this typical?

Been on-and-off tempted by one of these for some time now, but wondering about the machining quality of the barrel now that it is no longer sourced from a storied manufacturer.

Link attached contains a montage of images of this guy’s K1 barrel crown, which looks quite rough.

Anyone who owns one had the opportunity to inspect your K1’s barrel to see if this guy’s issue is a one-off, or is this typical?

I watched the vid and didn’t hear the poster say any complaints on accuracy, I never took my barrel off my huben to check because it is spot on with accuracy, my opinion is people get crazy stupid worrying about dumb poop, I had powder burners with similar crowns on them and they shot fine, if it shoots good then who cares about crowns 😀

Reactions: Camaro454
I watched the vid and didn’t hear the poster say any complaints on accuracy, I never took my barrel off my huben to check because it is spot on with accuracy, my opinion is people get crazy stupid worrying about dumb poop, I had powder burners with similar crowns on them and they shot fine, if it shoots good then who cares about crowns 😀
Mine is incredibly accurate with the latest barrel.

Reactions: Camaro454