• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben All Things HUBEN K1

If it won't fit the pistol, I will make one that does.

Glenn

You're a great guy, Glenn!
Thank you for your committment and investment. 👍🏼

How cool that on the forums we can help each other out in ways that improve our hobby so much more:
▪ The manufacturers need to make a profit to survive.
▪ We on the forums on the other hand, we get to help each other for the fun of it, the cameradery, service to others. 😊

Matthias

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
I will be interested to hear what you find. Is there any meat I could sand off the gate to make it work with my stock? Or is the magnet too close to the edge? Thanks
I don't think so, I think the issue is they do not cut the edge of the pocket where the magazine is as deep on some of the wood ones. My bud's it fit and worked just fine, but his pocket is cut out like the synthetic stocks.

The synthetic are molded so will have the shape in all of them. The wood stocks are routed out and if a bit gets worn, or the stock is not mounted in their tool perfectly if may not remove the material all the way. I hope this makes sense along with the photos in the above posts. You can clearly see the difference in the pockets.

Glenn

Reactions: Hampton
I dont have a bunch of photo equipment, s o I didn't get the money shot!
Got my HUBEN k1 2022 25 cal last Friday. Shooting NSA 38.5/ 254 @ 960.
Zeroed and busting from 50 to 150 all week. Today I got excited and went up to.my cousins lake.
286 yds, took 4 shots to get it right .
These things are a wonder of airgunning magic.
Thanks Kelly @ Krazy Kool

Here is a link to a quick and simple barrel cleaning method that I devised:

It will, as long as its closed and your hand sanding. The pictures make it look rough because they are zoomed in. Its not near that bad in real life.

LOL

Glenn

Thanks, Glenn,

I'd like to order one if you have any left, unfortunately can't send PMs yet, not enough posts, although I'm hoping I can receive them. Mind sending me info on how to order one?

First, I really appreciate people taking the time to do things like this. It really makes the community better off. But I don’t think that will fit my 2023 walnut stock. In the picture below you can see the magnet is in the same spot as the one pictured above. This means the “lid” or flip up gate will not close or magnetized to the fixed magnet. I’m I would be happy to be your guinea pig, but if it doesn’t work, I would like my money back, including shipping.

View attachment 366829View attachment 366830
That walnut stock is beautiful! Figured like a slab of Claro Walnut. I was on the fence about paying more for the wood stock but now I see it’s worth the extra cash.

I dont have a bunch of photo equipment, s o I didn't get the money shot!
Got my HUBEN k1 2022 25 cal last Friday. Shooting NSA 38.5/ 254 @ 960.
Zeroed and busting from 50 to 150 all week. Today I got excited and went up to.my cousins lake.
286 yds, took 4 shots to get it right .
These things are a wonder of airgunning magic.
Thanks Kelly @ Krazy Kool
Hell yea! Way to break her in keyman. They really are a marvel of airgun tech.

I give you my Huben Tool

IMG_2477.jpeg

IMG_2480.jpeg

IMG_2478.jpeg

IMG_2479.jpeg

@GlennV I think that’s an accurate assessment. I recall hearing someone discuss cutting or routing into their wooden Huben K1 stock to make room for an aftermarket loading gate. I can’t recall the details at the moment, but what you’re saying in the above post sounds familiar.
This could easily be done. But getting finish to look right after it was done would be a nightmare unless you refinished the whole stock. And even then unless you’re a pro getting it to look original would would be a chore. I got super lucky with the stock I got from Kelly and don’t want to mess with it.

Last edited:
That walnut stock is beautiful! Figured like a slab of Claro Walnut. I was on the fence about paying more for the wood stock but now I see it’s worth the extra cash.
Thank you. Im hesitant to drill it for a picatiny rail. But probably will. The wood is very nice and it makes the gun lighter too. I’ll take a pic of the whole thing once I get it set up. Sadly, I’ve had it for almost a month and have shot it yet. Just can’t find the time. All the while the bunnies are munching all my plants. 🤬

This could easily be done. But getting finish to look right after it was done would be a nightmare unless you refinished the whole stock. And even then unless you’re a pro getting it to look original would would be a chore. I got super luck with the stock I got from Kelly and don’t want to mess with it.
The small area we are talking about would be under and behind the gate. Little stock oil and I doubt you would notice.

Please don’t turn this thread into a thread about pellet seaters and loading gates. Glen made a loading gate, this isn’t a new concept. There are others out there that work and that info is posted in this thread. If you’re interested in a loading gate by @GlenV, please PM him (if you can’t PM him try and wait until you have that privilege). As for pellet seaters, they have also been discussed earlier in the thread. If you want to buy one of Glen’s, again, use the PM function. This thread is already long and I’d like the focus to remain on the Huben K1, its issues, performance, how you enjoy yours, etc. The goal here is to have a Huben K1 thread for informational purposes to help others figure their gun(s) out, decide if it’s a gun for them, etc. Thanks.