• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben All Things HUBEN K1

Set back to stock tune coming from Kelly - JSB 33.95gr mk2 pellets like @CTairgunner1288

IMG_3778.PNG

I was able to chronograph a few mags of my 2020 Huben K1 shooting 18.1 grain Diabolo pellets. I made one adjustment to slow them down a bit. Both settings shot with decent accuracy, but the ES and SD are wider than I’d like.
E2F00D1A-3B3F-4DA2-AD55-2FD501100E9F.jpeg

S
FE2E17EF-FC6E-496B-BDA5-03AB497D3DBC.jpeg

The better groups weren’t too bad. Shot these off my trigger stick bipod at 20 yards.
75210592-BFEB-4DD2-82F2-7132E68774F9.jpeg

DB970909-A514-42F2-8E7F-A6D9CFF25D06.jpeg

I want to go back through the thread to see which speeds others are working with shooting this grain weight pellet.I’m wondering if I should speed these up a bit.

Last edited:
@Camaro454 I was kinda in a rush. I didn’t know how much time I had with decent light for the chrono to read my shots. I was surprised it read shot strings from 4 mags with it being overcast. I only had errors on one shot string. I only waited for the plenum to fill on a few shots. When I have more time I’ll try them on other settings. What o don’t like is that on a fresh fill from 30 mpa, my first five or so shots seemed hot and I needed to use a tad more holdover. I think my reg may need a rebuild.

Reactions: Bowhunter73
I had similar results in my 2021 .22 Huben. I did not try to rebuild the factory regulator, as it pretty much always exhibited the same behavior even when new. I simply could not "tune it out" and did not expect a rebuild to help - but who knows; polishing the bellevilles might help.

I eventually decided to give the Huma K1 regulator a try and that solved the issue. It has been in it for several months now, and my ES over a very large number of shots is under 15 fps always - sitting for days, shooting fast, shooting slow - it always shoots in the same tight range (18.1s at ~900).

I gave up the easy external adjustment, and of course I can no longer simply degas the plenum to go into the gun safely with the main reservoir still pressurized (I loved that feature), but I ended up with a better shooting gun . . .

Currently right now I am shooting 15.89 around 850ish fps with my .22 huben which is brand new. I think maybe 2 mags through it thats it. I just topped it with my sightmark 4k max to prep it for ratting, will post some results this week. I do not think my spread is that big at that speed if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Camaro454
Currently right now I am shooting 15.89 around 850ish fps with my .22 huben which is brand new. I think maybe 2 mags through it thats it. I just topped it with my sightmark 4k max to prep it for ratting, will post some results this week. I do not think my spread is that big at that speed if I remember correctly.
Just an FYI, to see real good consistency with that pellet put at least 1 full tin down range before you serious tune it. I shoot that grain at 900 fps and my reg at 13 mpa with excellent results. I have adjuster always at mid point in turns.

• Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Are there any noticeable changes between K1’s made in the later model years? (2021,2022,2023)
@S2k626 There have been claims of changes. There was a year (I believe in 2020) where Huben may have changed barrels. I think this occurred after they moved into a new facility IIRC. I believe that the Hubens produced from the second half of 2020 to the present are using Huben barrels. I’m going from memory here so someone who knows better may be able to correct me on that or fill in the gaps with more details.

There are also claims that there are different versions of the Huben K1. Some folks say there are, others say there aren’t. I really don’t know. What I am learning is how mine shoot various projectiles, and as an Huben owner I think knowing your gun is most important. I knew nothing of the differences between production years when I purchased mine. I saw a deal that I didn’t want to let pass me by and I went for it.

Reactions: elwoodblues
@S2k626 There have been claims of changes. There was a year (I believe in 2020) where Huben may have changed barrels. I think this occurred after they moved into a new facility IIRC. I believe that the Hubens produced from the second half of 2020 to the present are using Huben barrels. I’m going from memory here so someone who knows better may be able to correct me on that or fill in the gaps with more details.

There are also claims that there are different versions of the Huben K1. Some folks say there are, others say there aren’t. I really don’t know. What I am learning is how mine shoot various projectiles, and as an Huben owner I think knowing your gun is most important. I knew nothing of the differences between production years when I purchased mine. I saw a deal that I didn’t want to let pass me by and I went for it

There are also claims that there are different versions of the Huben K1. Some folks say there are, others say there aren’t. I really don’t know. What I am learning is how mine shoot various projectiles, and as an Huben owner I think knowing your gun is most important. I knew nothing of the differences between production years when I purchased mine. I saw a deal that I didn’t want to let pass me by and I went for it.
Yeah I was just curious because I’ve often seen authorized sellers list model years so I assumed there were some changes. Thanks for sharing.