• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben All Things HUBEN K1

Thank you to all who participated in discussion with me today. This is a cherry picked group but here's 8 shots that were left in the mag after my tune settled in.

100 yards on the money, pushing the pellets in to where they are in the "rifling" and getting a positive "click" was the key along with bringing my reg up a bit.

20230329_164111.jpg

20230329_164412.jpg

Last edited:
@CTairgunner1288 Nice group! What do you mean by “pushing the pellets in to where they are in the pick…?”

Thanks man, so I updated the post, was typing fast. So I basically just pushed them in with a 3mm Allen key till I got a positive click/seat and then left them.

It seemed to really do the trick. Huge improvement.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
@CTairgunner1288 Good deal. And the click was a pronounced sound or feel? Any issues of pushing any pellets too far forward?
I rotated each mag twice after loading.

My process was place all pellets in mag, then rotate again so I could push the pellets forward and then rotate twice to ensure no jam.

It is a very very pronounced feel and even sound. No mistake about it. At least with these pellets.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@CTairgunner1288 Thanks for sharing that. There are still some that fit so loosely I’m a bit apprehensive to try that, but I may give it a shot with the MRDs. They shoot pretty well as is. I just want to see if some of my wayward shots are due to something I’m doing or the pellet seating. I may try it with the Jumbos too.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Thank you very much , I am trying to set mine up for bench, I am taking everyones tips into consideration as you are all the experts/veterans.
Sorry for the random question @CTairgunner1288 but I'm looking at your signature and see you have Huben's and a BD Taurus. I'm local to Brian (Veradium Air) and have been wanting to get a Taurus myself, but I also am contemplating a Huben in .25 cal (Eventually I'd like to get both lol). I have a Texan SS 45 already, so the Huben kind of clicks off lower FPE pesting, but the Taurus is really impressive, I can legally hunt with it, and walking/stalking would be much more pleasant than the Texan SS. I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Last edited:
@CTairgunner1288 Thanks for sharing that. There are still some that fit so loosely I’m a bit apprehensive to try that, but I may give it a shot with the MRDs. They shoot pretty well as is. I just want to see if some of my wayward shots are due to something I’m doing or the pellet seating. I may try it with the Jumbos too.

No problem, had to give credit due to all of you for the discussion this morning. What makes this forum awesome.

I wish I had some mrds to check. Maybe when I get around to shooting my .22 huben I'll see how it is with the hades.

Thank you to all who participated in discussion with me today. This is a cherry picked group but here's 8 shots that were left in the mag after my tune settled in.

100 yards on the money, pushing the pellets in to where they are in the "rifling" and getting a positive "click" was the key along with bringing my reg up a bit.

View attachment 344223

View attachment 344224
Nice group! If you don't mind, what fps, pellet and reg setting? Awesome results just seating the pellets.

I thought I posted this once but i will do it again, The new JTS dead center 18.1 gr 22 caliber pellets fit tight in the cyl, Still have to use plastic ink pen to seat the pellets , But I have has some 18 gr JSB pellets slid back on me but not the JTS pellets ,
Mike
@Airgunmike58 Are you saying that you had some JSB 18 grain pellets that slid back after you seated them in the mag with an ink pen?
What sort of accuracy are you getting with those JTS pellets? Do they shoot pretty good out of your Huben?

Yes I walked around the yard with the gun barrel up and it almost jammed tore a few pellets up, Got lucky unjammed it,, That was with JSB 18 gr pellets , I have heard complaints about the JTS pellets being to tight in other guns so thought I would try with the Huben, They are snug and an plastic ink pen is perfect at seating them. In accuracy I am going to give them a better rating than the JSB pellets , I will be ordering more just for the Huben.
Mike

@SundanceKid You quoted the post correctly.The linked list looks familiar. Here’s what concerns me. I purchased my gun from New England Airguns, an authorized dealer whose owner services them. That sam person re-wrote the Huben user manual (I assume so that it is less confusing to read). In the manual it states the following in regards to loading pellets:
View attachment 344121
Source: https://www.newenglandairgun.com/uploads/3/4/5/3/34532711/huben_k1_manual__8-25-2021_.pdf

I’m not saying that other cannot be right in their methods. I just would like to hear that the practice is ok from people who successfully work on their own guns or service these guns professionally. I’ve encountered the issue of not being able to rotate the mag before loading all 19 pellets and like the manual says I had to “stop and start shooting.” I had no issues in doing so. I still don’t know exactly what the issue was, but I could not rotate the magazine in either direction. This concerns me, as does pushing a pellet too far forward in attempt to seat them with a tool.

I’d like to know exactly what prevents this from happening when manually seating them with something like an Allen key.
As long as you don’t ram the pellets in there like the hulk you won’t damage them. I’ve been seating them this way for years. Before I got the gun I watched Gregor’s huben videos and he mentioned seating the pellets.

Seating the pellet in the mag is achieving the same result as a probe seating a pellet into the beginning of the rifling of a barrel. #1 it stabilizes the pellet helping to guide it on its journey down the barrel. #2 it creates a seal to avoid air blowing by the pellet.

It was definitely a cherry picked group that I posted but here is a 17 shot group with 6 that either were wind or myself throwing them (full admittance it was my shooting). Still 11 in the bullseye. I am not even mad about this group. Shooting off 5 dollar wally world table seated in a lounge chair, this is great , at least to me.

There is also definitely more room to push the pellets forward, I feel you would have to really jam them forward with force, once you get that positive feedback they are seated, that seems to be the ticket.

Again, thanks guys, you all helped a bunch.

20230329_172219.jpg

I have come full circle on the Huben. 🔄
No, wait — not just one full circle...: I'm running in circles. And I'm getting a bit dizzy.... 😵‍💫

🔄 (1)
I rejected the Huben because of it's length — I like compact bullpups, this one is 32" (81cm), about 4" (10cm) too long for my liking.
And I rejected it because of the uneven cheek rest that appears misinstalled as it not quite parallel to the barrel (see photo). 😞

🔄 (2)
Then I came around on the Huben.
Because I now have a short bullpup in my arsenal.
And I have been lusting for power and extreme long range, requiring slugs. 🤪
For that purpose I can allow a longer gun (still a bullpup, not a long rifle).

The semi auto is a nice bonus feature. Yeah, I can see how I would use that for hunting all the killing time.

I was even prepared to overlook that I can't take out the magazine.

So, I gathered data, prices, features, looking every day at some Hubens for sale. Delicious temptation. 😋

🔄 (3)
And after reading a lot of posts on this thread and others — I came another full circle.
And pushed the Huben off my list. Again.

Is a top flight airgun really demanding of me to fiddle with each and every projectile?!?
Really? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I mean, I could (maybe) see myself doing the fiddling at home — laying my five Huben magazines out on my desk, and in the peace and warmth of my home fiddle each projectile into its respective slot, pushing it in just so. 🤓

But wait! The Huben doesn't have removable magazines I can preload at home!! 😠
I have to do the fiddling in the field, with gloves, dust, in the hurry of quarry moving in while the mag is empty!! 😖
Real convenient.

A deal breaker. ⛔ Full circle. 🔄

Matthias

😊 PS: Thank you, AGN members, for all your input and help over the years. Great thread. You rock! 👍🏼

🔺 Still WTB:
•Bullpup
•That shoots heavy slugs well, and also pellets
•With externally adjustable regulator
•Synthetic stock and good looks in general
Later added:
•Barrel not sensitive to bumps like the FX's

Last edited: