• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben All Things HUBEN K1

Haven't figured out how to quote a post but copied this from another Huben thread on this forum.

The semi auto is well developed and reliable. Just like any semi auto, make sure to seat the pellets tight in the mag.
@SundanceKid You quoted the post correctly.The linked list looks familiar. Here’s what concerns me. I purchased my gun from New England Airguns, an authorized dealer whose owner services them. That sam person re-wrote the Huben user manual (I assume so that it is less confusing to read). In the manual it states the following in regards to loading pellets:
75B5CDFB-2642-49E4-9B15-BED6422765D6.jpeg

Source: https://www.newenglandairgun.com/uploads/3/4/5/3/34532711/huben_k1_manual__8-25-2021_.pdf

I’m not saying that other cannot be right in their methods. I just would like to hear that the practice is ok from people who successfully work on their own guns or service these guns professionally. I’ve encountered the issue of not being able to rotate the mag before loading all 19 pellets and like the manual says I had to “stop and start shooting.” I had no issues in doing so. I still don’t know exactly what the issue was, but I could not rotate the magazine in either direction. This concerns me, as does pushing a pellet too far forward in attempt to seat them with a tool.

I’d like to know exactly what prevents this from happening when manually seating them with something like an Allen key.

@SundanceKid You quoted the post correctly.The linked list looks familiar. Here’s what concerns me. I purchased my gun from New England Airguns, an authorized dealer whose owner services them. That sam person re-wrote the Huben user manual (I assume so that it is less confusing to read). In the manual it states the following in regards to loading pellets:
View attachment 344121
Source: https://www.newenglandairgun.com/uploads/3/4/5/3/34532711/huben_k1_manual__8-25-2021_.pdf

I’m not saying that other cannot be right in their methods. I just would like to hear that the practice is ok from people who successfully work on their own guns or service these guns professionally. I’ve encountered the issue of not being able to rotate the mag before loading all 19 pellets and like the manual says I had to “stop and start shooting.” I had no issues in doing so. I still don’t know exactly what the issue was, but I could not rotate the magazine in either direction. This concerns me, as does pushing a pellet too far forward in attempt to seat them with a tool.

I’d like to know exactly what prevents this from happening when manually seating them with something like an Allen key.
That underlined comment is exactly what happened to me, when this happened to me though I had already fired and what happened was the mag only rotated half way due to the slug already making contact with the ridge before the breech. When fired it pushed the slug into the barrel and chopped the tip of the slug in half lmao oops

View attachment 344121

Before I began seating my pellets fully into the mag, my mag would jam while rotating it if the gun was pointed upward. There is a ridge in each chamber of the mag that the pellet must be seated into. You will feel it seat.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Another thread on this forum specifically addressing seating the pellets

@SundanceKid Post #10 is what concerns me. Once you do that the only way I know to correct the issue is to shoot. This is annoying.

It seems to me that the solution maybe be to find the correct sized projectile that fits securely within the magazine with minimal effort. All of this rattling around and loose fitting projectiles in the magazine is less than ideal IMO. I’m still testing ammo. If I find anything worthwhile, I’ll make it a point to post it.

Reactions: SundanceKid
That underlined comment is exactly what happened to me, when this happened to me though I had already fired and what happened was the mag only rotated half way due to the slug already making contact with the ridge before the breech. When fired it pushed the slug into the barrel and chopped the tip of the slug in half lmao oops
Your slugs may be seriously undersized. The Huben mag is notorious for having oversized mag chambers and slugs can fall forward too far forward when it cycles the mag.

I hate to say this and I am Not saying anything negative towards anyone by doing so, so please do not take offense by my post.
I also ask that you look into my previous post about the Huben guns, you will see i am Big fan.

A couple of things:
1) Unless you are meticulously sizing, sorting, lubing, checking every skirt under a microscope for imperfections, massaging, blessing with holy water, etc, you Will have fliers..
2) In this particular instance you have a double whammy of magazine feeding, and a semi auto gun adding to the equation of causing fliers.
3) the human factor itself, EVERY big time, pro shooter, manufacturer, will tell you it's not " the arrow, it's the indian " to quote one of the best in the business. Unfortunately the human factor of heartrate, breathing, nerves, etc. All come into play.

I am Very fortunate to own some of the absolute Best airguns on the planet, I have days where i feel like superman when shooting them, and there are also days when they make a complete fool out of me. I know it's not the gun, nor the ammo, on those days...

In closing my point is even if you have the absolute best gun, best ammo, even the Best of shooters will have fliers, that is why you Never see a perfect score card.

I wish you good luck at the event and again none of this post is meant to be personal

Your slugs may be seriously undersized. The Huben mag is notorious for having oversized mag chambers and slugs can fall forward too far forward when it cycles the mag.
Biggest slugs that could be used in the huben I was told , no room at either end and I believe that was the problem. 48 gr avs.
It seems to me that the solution maybe be to find the correct sized projectile that fits securely within the magazine with minimal effort. All of this rattling around and loose fitting projectiles in the magazine is less than ideal IMO. I’m still testing ammo. If I find anything worthwhile, I’ll make it a point to post it.
That would be awesome, I love the 33.95 pellet for long distance pellet shooting, I am going to try @SundanceKid method of seating and flaring if need be to see if that helps.

I hate to say this and I am Not saying anything negative towards anyone by doing so, so please do not take offense by my post.
I also ask that you look into my previous post about the Huben guns, you will see i am Big fan.

A couple of things:
1) Unless you are meticulously sizing, sorting, lubing, checking every skirt under a microscope for imperfections, massaging, blessing with holy water, etc, you Will have fliers..
2) In this particular instance you have a double whammy of magazine feeding, and a semi auto gun adding to the equation of causing fliers.
3) the human factor itself, EVERY big time, pro shooter, manufacturer, will tell you it's not " arrow, it's the indian " to quote one of the best in the business. Unfortunately the human factor of heartrate, breathing, nerves, etc. All come into play.

I am Very fortunate to own some of the absolute Best airguns on the planet, I have days where i feel like superman when shooting them, and there are also days when they make a complete fool out of me. I know it's not the gun, nor the ammo, on those days...

In closing my point is even if you have the absolute best gun, best ammo, even the Best of shooters will have fliers, that is why iyou Never see a perfect score card.

I wish you good luck at the event and again none of this post is meant to be personal
No offense taken by me, I know my shooting level and what I have done. Ive shot better groups than this with other rifles, at the same distance, with the same projectile. I do fault myself here as I do believe it is my tune/way of loading the pellet that is the issue. I consider myself a very above average shooter, however far from a pro... :)

Reactions: bfloyd1095
I seat my pellets all the way into the magazine slot using a golf tee. I load by putting the muzzle/LDC down on the carpet (or a towel if outside), and rotate the mag dropping a pellet into each slot and seating it in as far as I can with my thumb. Then I do another rotation seating them all the way in (until the head of pellet bottoms out) with the golf tee, then close the loading gate and mag lever and shoot. I get better accuracy with the pellets fully seated.

When I have tried to shoot undersized slugs they would bounce around and jam up the gun, leading me to have to take it apart to clear it. Mine is a 2021 .22 with a 2018 LW barrel and magazine in it. The 2018 mag slots are a little smaller in diameter than the 2021 is, and the 2018 has 12 "lands" on it vs just 6 on the 2021 . . . .

I seat my pellets all the way into the magazine slot using a golf tee. I load by putting the muzzle/LDC down on the carpet (or a towel if outside), and rotate the mag dropping a pellet into each slot and seating it in as far as I can with my thumb. Then I do another rotation seating them all the way in (until the head of pellet bottoms out) with the golf tee, then close the loading gate and mag lever and shoot. I get better accuracy with the pellets fully seated.

When I have tried to shoot undersized slugs they would bounce around and jam up the gun, leading me to have to take it apart to clear it. Mine is a 2021 .22 with a 2018 LW barrel and magazine in it. The 2018 mag slots are a little smaller in diameter than the 2021 is, and the 2018 has 12 "lands" on it vs just 6 on the 2021 . . . .
I knew you would chime in sooner or later!

Reactions: Shoothabreez
I know you are primarily talking about you 2018 .25 Huben but you had mentioned the 2021 .22 . and slugs.

The opinion of some well-known Huben shooters, and a manufacturer or 2, all say to use .219/5.56 slug. I personally have found this to be true in my 2021 .22.
I use the ZAN .219/5.56 , 28gr in mine getting outstanding results.
I tried Many others and those were the most accurate, trouble free i found to this point.

I had to order mine direct from ZAN, but as always they shipped fast as hell and pricing comes out to be about the same as any US dealer.

Hope this helps with your .22 !

IMG_0744.jpg

The key is that ".22 caliber" for airguns is a complete misnomer - most pellets headsizes are .218 or smaller, typically .217 or under, and the skirts are a bit bigger. Thus most slugs are in the .216-.218 range, with .218 being large. .219 is a special kind of large . . . .;)
Dead Nuts explanation there amigo!

I need to have a fire sale on all my .22 slugs that are just sitting in a drawer.. 👀 ✌️

Sorry I can't help with the .22, but I use the the JSB King Heavy MKII 33.95gr pellets and the NSA .254 38.5gr and Alteros ATP Smooth .25 49.5gr slugs. In all 3 cases I have to use a 3mm hex key to "seat" them in all the way forward in the magazine. It's a PITA but I have never had a problem yet with getting good consistency out of my K1. I tried some "loose" pellets once and never again. Can't be happier with the gun.

Sorry I can't help with the .22, but I use the the JSB King Heavy MKII 33.95gr pellets and the NSA .254 38.5gr and Alteros ATP Smooth .25 49.5gr slugs. In all 3 cases I have to use a 3mm hex key to "seat" them in all the way forward in the magazine. It's a PITA but I have never had a problem yet with getting good consistency out of my K1. I tried some "loose" pellets once and never again. Can't be happier with the gun.
@Pfddi do you mind sharing your tune for the MKII? what year is your K1, thanks for the input! gives me some hope!

I bought mine from Kelly in November so it is a 2022 manufacture date. For the JSBs I have it set at 39 clicks open @ 968 fps and 71 fpe (will demolish a squirrel!) 35 clicks drops to 937 and 30 clicks drops to 861. Pressure is set at 161 for all of the above.
Thank you very much , I am trying to set mine up for bench, I am taking everyones tips into consideration as you are all the experts/veterans.