• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben All Things HUBEN K1

Mine is a 2018 with the LW barrel and I shoot .25 heavies and it was doing the exact same thing. The problem was that the pellets were too loose in the magazine and the were getting blown backwards and when the mag rotated they were getting deformed. My fix was to flare the skirts on the pellets so the fit snug. Problem solved.

What did you do to flare the skirts just push them in with another pellet once in the mag? I really do not feel like flaring skirts for every pellet I want to shoot lol

I use a 1/4" phone plug with the tip ground off. Very light tap, they flare easily. I do this on rainy days and keep a can full just for the Huben. And yes, it's a real PIA! The MK2 pellets are supposed to have a larger skirt but all of the ones I have ever purchased do not.
Yeah they just kind of float around in the mag, i didnt think it would be an issue.

I also adjusted my tune last night
Brought the rifle to 17mpa, going to start there, get it to cycle and recharge faster to see if that helps at well.

By your description above regarding the fliers, I think you are experiencing the same problem as I had. After 5 or 6 hole in hole shots, then the fliers started. Very frustrating until I emptied a partial mag on the table to change to another pellet brand and noticed the bent skirts.
I will try and flare my skirts but if I need to do that every mag this is gunna get tiring lmao

• Wow
Reactions: JungleShooter
I assume you are pushing the pellets as far as they will go into the mag (I use an hex key). If not, please try that before flaring the skirts. If you are pushing them in as far as they will go, then after the pellet skirts are flared, you will notice a big difference in the effort that it takes to seat them the whole way to the front of the mag.

I assume you are pushing the pellets as far as they will go into the mag (I use an hex key). If not, please try that before flaring the skirts. If you are pushing them in as far as they will go, then after the pellet skirts are flared, you will notice a big difference in the effort that it takes to seat them the whole way to the front of the mag.
@SundanceKid When using a tool to seat pellets in the mag, what prevents you from pushing them too far forward? It seems to me that pushing a pellet whose skirt hangs out of the back is a lot easier to correct than a pellet that’s been pushed too far forward in the magazine.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I push them in with my thumb and give a little emphasis on each push as I was instructed to , not sure if I am pushing all the way but I do kno I was told not to push too far forward or the pellet will clip the little ridge before the breech.

I push them in with my thumb and give a little emphasis on each push as I was instructed to , not sure if I am pushing all the way but I do kno I was told not to push too far forward or the pellet will clip the little ridge before the breech.

@ctshooter Thats what I’m talking about. I use my fingers as well. What I’ve learned to do is to double check the mag before shooting. On a tripod (when clamped in a Deathgrip styled saddle) I tilt the rifle forward while loading the mag. Before I level off the rifle and start shooting I hit the side or rear of the but-stock with my palm to be sure no skirts are hanging out of the back of the mag. The vibration usually corrects them by allowing them move slightly forward in the mag. How this will work hunting squirrels shooting at an upward angle? I have not figured out. Perhaps seating them as @Sundance kids describes may be necessary then. This is usually an issue shooting JSB pellets (Jumbos and MRDs). The only slugs I haven’t had this issue with are the banded 35 grain boattail (JSB KO .216 and Zan .22, 25.5 grain slugs fig loosely in the mag). I’m still testing varied ammo. I’ve only hunted with this gun once or twice. But I didn’t have a problem with the 35 grain boattail slugs moving around in the mag while shooting into a tree.

Last edited:
@ctshooter Thats what I’m talking about. I use my fingers as well. What I’ve learned to do is to double check the mag before shooting. On a tripod I tilt it forward when loading and before I start shooting I hit the side or rear of the but-stock with my palm to be sure no skirts are hanging out of the back of the mag. How this will work hunting squirrels shooting at an upward angle? I have not figured out. Perhaps seating them as @Sundance kids describes may be necessary then. This is usually an issue shooting JSB pellets (Jumbos and MRDs). The only slugs I haven’t had this issue with are the boattail. I’ve only hunted with this gun once or twice. But I didn’t have a problem with the boattail slugs moving around in the mag while shooting into a tree.
I tried avs 48 grain slugs in this rifle and 2 out of 3 mags the slug was too long (too far forward) and hit that ridge causing a major jam in the rifle. I since moved away from slugs especially now since the BR comp is pellets only. I have not shot the rifle up yet, with my .22 I will be doing a lot of upward shooting with 15.89 hades on pigeons as thats why I bought the rifle so I hope to revisit this topic in this thread with an update when that happens and hopefully soon :)

@ctshooter I shot upwards at a squirrel with one shot offhand and thumped him with a boattail. That was before I increased velocity. At that time I was running them around 800 fps and they exhibited decent accuracy. I believe that was my only upward angled shot. Not really enough to speak on with confidence, but it gave me an idea of what to expect. Since then I have noticed that those slugs fit a lot more snugly than any pellets or other slug that I’ve tried.

Many threads on this and other forums that recommend fully seating the pellets. There is a ridge in the mag and you will feel the pellet seat itself. If that is not enough to stop the blowback from unseating the pellets as in my case, then try flaring the skirts of the pellets.
@SundanceKid I’ll revisit some and likely read more. Ive read my fair share on here and GTA. I don’t recall the issue of pushing the pellets too far forward specifically being addressed. To be fair, it’s virtually impossible to retain every detail of what I read. I may have missed or overlooked something. I would like some concrete info here. If anyone finds anything addressing this aspect of using a tool to seat pellets securely into the Huben K1 mag, please quote this post and add it to the thread.

I only shoot pellets. Being a 2018 model, it doesn't shoot slugs worth a crap!
I am going to pay more attention to the mag and pellet orientation/seating later after work when I get out to shoot with the new tune. Hopefully I can figure this out, the BR is 21 days away, and I still have to get time in with 2 other rifles that aren't even in my hands yet :p:eek:

@SundanceKid I’ll revisit some and likely read more. Ive read my fair share on here and GTA. I don’t recall the issue of pushing the pellets too far forward specifically being addressed. To be fair, it’s virtually impossible to retain every detail of what I read. I may have missed or overlooked something. I would like some concrete info here. If anyone finds anything addressing this aspect of using a tool to seat pellets securely into the Huben K1 mag, please quote this post and add it to the thread.
Haven't figured out how to quote a post but copied this from another Huben thread on this forum.

The semi auto is well developed and reliable. Just like any semi auto, make sure to seat the pellets tight in the mag.

What are your thoughts on the aforementioned cleaning the barrel from the muzzle end? I am hesitant to do this, have seen people use straws to insert in the muzzle to protect the crown and rotate the mag half way so the cleaning rod doesnt go past the breech... seems like a sketchy move to me.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Another thread on this forum specifically addressing seating the pellets

Reactions: Ezana4CE