Huben All Things HUBEN K1

I was warned about not pushing the pellets in the magazine, I use a plastic ink pen to push the pellets in. load two push two in, load two push two in, It works great. I have never shot any slugs out of my gun yet, JSB 18gr pellets are very accurate, They make a new better gate for the Huben, Kelly put mine on for me when he sold me the gun. I think I would find a better way of getting the slugs to seat instead of banging the gun on the ground and table, Good luck selling it.
Mike

I think the JSB Monster Redesigned shoot very well in most of the the latest .22 barrels, which you should have. I too had jamming issues with slugs as I did not have any big enough in diameter to work well - but it was not a big issue for me as I really intended on shooting pellets with mine. If I were to go to slugs, I'd probably try the .219 Zans. Can't help you on sourcing any for it as I never went down that path - I was just testing slugs out of curiousity.

One thing that really helped me understand the issue was when I had the gun apart at one point, I tried loading several slugs in the magazine when it was out of the gun laying face down on the table. Then I would pick the mag straight up and see what happened. All but one of the types of slugs I had on hand (from testing in other guns) would drop a bit into the magazine and then stop - but when I looked at the front (muzzle side) of the mag, the slugs were protruding out of it from almost all of the mag slots by a mm or more. No wonder they would jam - they were just bouncing around in there! Add in the fact they were hollow points, and it was really bad. Oh, and the one slug type that did not stick out that way was the FX Hybrid - on those the mag picked clean up with almost all of the pellets staying on the table - they slipped right through without moving! So clearly the slugs need to be wide enough to be retained in the magazine securely to shoot and function well . . .

The factory loading gate takes a while to get used to with a good loading routine. I would load one at a time, holding ithe gate down with one hand and inserting and seating it with the other. The other key for me was to hold the gun rested between my legs with the muzzle down on the ground (on a towel) so I did not have to work against gravity - loading horizontally was a disaster for me and took forever. I don't know why they have not switched to a flip style gate as they are massively better than what they ship with.

I bought a Huben K1 .22 last year. I tried a few different slugs in it and my experience was horrible. Due to how the gate works when inserting the slugs there is spring tension on the slug when you insert it which causes it to jump into the mag once it passes the gates. I made sure to rotate the mag several times before shooting to make sure it was rotating ok. Mag got stuck several times, had to tilt the gun straight up and bang it against the ground or table to knock the slugs further back in the magazine.

I believe the ammo was mostly to blame, I was using Zan .218 or .219 slugs if I remember correctly. I only shot 3 magazines before I gave up.
From what I've read it's a slug rifle and not a pellet one, I also have the LCS SK-19 and that ones a pellet rifle and not a slug one from what I've read.
Never had problems with pellets in the LCS SK-19 but that's because the skirt catches in the magazine, you should push it in a bit so it doesn't fall out or the rotation might shear off a piece of the pellet.

As for the Huben K1 I'd like to sell it or trade it for a Western Airguns Sidewinder (anyone know any store that sells it?) as it has a removable magazine.
I'm sure I can get my Huben to work just fine, just need to replace the gate (love the magnetic one on the SK-19) and find .22 ammo that works well with the rifle.
Huben used to sell ammo for it that looks like the one pictured below. I bought a mold from mpmolds but haven't cast any slugs yet to try them out. I know Altaros makes a similar slug but they don't ship to where I live so can't get them. Are you guys shooting slugs or pellets? What is your preferred ammo?
View attachment 341909
I have some of these if you want to try them. Pay the postage and they are yours. They shot well in my Hubens but are very hard and not great for hunting purposes.

@Jammin22 That member is in Sweden.

@MadCowCrazy2 The types of pellets that some of us are shooting were mentioned in various posts earlier in the thread. I have shot the boat tail slugs that look like what your MP mold produces. They load and shoot fine for me. Pellets or slugs shoot well for me. Mine is a 2020. I’m not sure if that makes a difference. What ammo I’m shooting depends upon what distance I’m shooting and what I’m shooting at. I suggest sticking with what works best out of your gun. Yes, changing out the loading gate helps. As can be seen in this thread, a magnetic loading gate can be affixed to a Huben K1. @Gregor has made some good Huben videos over the years. They’re definitely worth checking out if you encounter issues.

Looking to buy a Sidewinder, that’s an easy one. If you search the AGN threads or use a search engine like Google you’ll find a retailer in no time. I have no idea who sells them in Europe.

Last edited:
@Jammin22 That member is in Sweden.

@MadCowCrazy2 The types of pellets that some of us are shooting were mentioned in various posts earlier in the thread. I have shot the boat tail slugs that look like what your MP mold produces. They load and shoot fine for me. Pellets or slugs shoot well for me. Mine is a 2020. I’m not sure if that makes a difference. What ammo I’m shooting depends upon what distance I’m shooting and what I’m shooting at. I suggest sticking with what works best out of your gun. Yes, changing out the loading gate helps. As can be seen in this thread, a magnetic loading gate can be affixed to a Huben K1. @Gregor has made some good Huben videos over the years. They’re definitely worth checking out if you encounter issues.

Looking to buy a Sidewinder, that’s an easy one. If you search the AGN threads or use a search engine like Google you’ll find a retailer in no time. I have no idea who sells them in Europe.

I can't afford a Sidewinder unless I sell my Huben. I'm located on a small island in between Sweden and Finland called the Aland Islands. I haven't been able to find a single retailer for the Sidewinder in the EU, I've sent an email to westernairguns asking if they have any EU distributors I could contact.

I will probably give the Huben a try again this summer. I'm also looking to try and get a Altaros M24 as that one seems pretty promising.

I have some of these if you want to try them. Pay the postage and they are yours. They shot well in my Hubens but are very hard and not great for hunting purposes.
I need to find ammo that is available to me, no point getting ammo that I have to get trough roundabout ways even if they turn out to be awesome in the gun. I will test out some heavier pellets and different types of slugs this summer anyway so might try them in the Huben while I'm at it.
I will probably buy more molds and also been looking at a Presslug, I got about 500 presslug in .25 that I got sent to me to try out but my Huben is .22 so can't try them in it. Might buy a presslug together with some friends, everyone can have their own die but share the press.

Last edited:
Don’t buy parts from these price gougers (hubenairguns.shop)

Kelly(Krazcool airguns) has parts in stock and for REASONABLE prices...

Also, I bought a bunch of o-rings from the oringstore. I now have enough o-rings to reseal this huben for the next 50 years. If you don’t want to buy a bunch of o-rings at the very least buy some gauge o-rings which are most likely to go first.
1.5mm x 1mm ID
@Legionaire I’m in the process of placing an order for o-rings. Can you post the sizes needed to reseal the Huben K1? I would appreciate it.

1679340360235.png

1679340407989.png

A 19-shot string shooting JSB MRD 25.39 grain diabolo pellets. They don’t seem to fit the magazine as snug as some Jumbo skirts do. I have to see if these come in different head sizes.
AC1E5F13-E0C8-409B-9D67-D37711519BC1.jpeg
1E63E39F-0BFC-4228-997C-5EBC3382CA27.jpeg

I can’t say that this is the best velocity range for these MRD pellets, but at 25-30 yards they grouped well. I wanted to get an idea of how these shoot and at what velocities. I’ll have to play with them some more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8tshooter
These groups suck. I shot these from a table and turret rest out to 50 yards. Some of this is me, but I literally watched some of my shots drop low and hit high. I’m pretty sure the shots consistently landing left can be attributed to something I’m doing. The sad thing is that these were the better groups out to that distance.
B201424B-802B-4333-84DD-19716B8766D7.jpeg

From what I gather from other threads, JSB MRD’s sweet spot appears to be around 1050 fps. For those that shoot them from their Hubens is that about right for y’all? As for the shots hitting high and low, does anyone think that varying velocities with a spread of 14 fps would make that big of a difference in the POI?

Last edited:
@jamarmstrong I’ve reached out to Kelly and haven’t heard back from him. I didn’t see an option on his site to purchase a loading gate. I’ve seen the eBay link, but I know nothing about the seller. Hence my asking for a link that someone has actually used to purchase a loading gate. I’d like to try in the U.S. before purchasing from abroad if possible.
The Ebay seller for the loading gate. Is a good seller. I ordered one with zero problems. Took 10 to 12 days to get mine. Good quality and service.

I was reading over some threads elsewhere on the Huben K1 and found these on the GTA:

This thread focuses on shooting slugs from the .22 Huben K1 2020

Thanks to the above thread and some AGN threads I think I’ve found the a decent reference point for shooting JSB MRDs.
47D6E845-73F4-4C69-A2D5-8C07E63A6073.jpeg

Around 1030 fps seems like a good velocity for my gun. Now let’s see if I can tighten up my groups. That’s 19 shots @ 50 yards. The low right shot is from another target.

So I’ve found that my Huben can produce 58-70 ftlbs with fairly accurate shots shooting a 25.39 grain pellets and 35 grain slugs straight from their containers without sorting. When the slugs hit close in groups of 3-5 they blasted out of the back of my homemade pellet trap. This gun seems to do pretty good with heavier projectiles between 935-1040 fps. I’ve got more testing to do.

I was reading a longer thread this morning on GTA. I have to find it again and add it to this post.

Last edited:
I recently got one of the loading gate mods, it makes loading a lot easier, and you aren't running a risk of scraping the lead off. Best $35 ever.
I have the huben reg in mine, Kelly at KrazKool rebuilt it for me once after it got a little flaky from playing with settings. It is rock solid now, SD of 1 to 2 usually.

One thing I learned is that it does like higher reg pressure and heavier pellets. I shoot the 25 and 34gr .22 in mine, with the reg at 145bar. It will shoot both at 900fps with a couple wheel clicks to tune it in.
@wimpanzee Couple questions for you:

1) What did your regulator start doing that prompted you to send it in to be rebuilt?

2) How many shots per fill (to what mpa/bar?) are you getting with your reg set at 145 bar?

3) Are the 34 grain pellets II mentioned JSB Beasts?