Huben All Things HUBEN K1

This is after aligning barrel. The 1st target shows group at 40 yards when I got it and second target is after aligning.

20200107_183448.jpg

20200108_174438.jpg

20200108_174432.jpg

I have a 2021 K1 in .22 caliber that I bough t from Kelly, and I love it. My goal was to shoot primarily pellets with it, and the barrel was so-so at it - I know some have had a great results, but I was not happy with mine, so I bought a 2018 LW barrel set up to swap out with it, keeping the original for potential future use with slugs. The LW barrel performed much better with pellets.

I also use Jan's loading gate, replaced the factory baffle stack with a single 3-D printed insert which blocks the vent holes, and run a Huggett Mini-Magna moderator on it for great results. Just in the last week I put the Huma reg in it to tighten up the ES and it si doing well but still breaking in. My K1 works well at lower pressures, and the Huma is set to 95 bar - I ran the factory reg at 90 bar without issue, but added a few since I can't change it on the fly. I'm not sure if I will drop the pressure some at some point.

Unfortunately this gun is not my most accurate one - if it was, then I'd probably just sell everything else as there would be no reason to keep them. ;)

Here is how it performed with a full mag at 55 yards, but it was with the factory regulator:

55 Yards with JSB 18.1 - Aug 6, 2021.jpg

I took the .25 out yesterday and had to try some 50 yard off hand like @Ezana4CE. I managed to hit the 6" splatter target 60% of the time and it confirmed why I hunt with a bipod or tripod! The wobble is horrific! Just old and not in good enough shape. Then I tried the same thing with my Wolverine R in .177 and barely hit the target with 4 shots out 13!

@randy_68 is correct about Kelly. He gets back on all his emails, but just not "immediately" The pic rails are also not listed on his site, but an email let me know that he had both a 5" and 10" that could be added to the Huben. I wasn't sure which one I wanted, so he sent me both! Fantastic customer service!

I have a couple of questions. Considering the weight of this gun, it gets heavy while carrying through the woods to hunt. I’ve got some holes in my synthetic stock but don’t what type of sling studs to use. I don’t want to mess up the stock.

1) Anyone know which type of sling studs are good to use?

2) As for regulators, which regulator do you prefer? A Huma Air regulator for the Huben K1 or the factory reg?
The Huben design is similar to my FX Bobcat. I use a single point sling. No drilling. Lmk if you want me to send a picture or link.

I have a couple of questions. Considering the weight of this gun, it gets heavy while carrying through the woods to hunt. I’ve got some holes in my synthetic stock but don’t what type of sling studs to use. I don’t want to mess up the stock.

2) As for regulators, which regulator do you prefer? A Huma Air regulator for the Huben K1 or the factory reg?
I put simple self tapping standard type studs on mine and since the stock on these things is very solid, they hold with no issue.

Last edited:
I purchased my 1st Huben in 2018 and Kelly from Krazy Kool Airguns said that I wouldn't have anything else. And I laughed at him. After receiving it. I pretty well sold everything I had. I loved it! Since then I have purchased several of them. I now own 3 Hubens, 2018 with a TJ barrel setup to eat Nelson 27.5gr slugs at 960fps, 2018 setup to eat 14.3 & 18gr. pellets, and 2021 L.E. setup to eat 25gr Redesign at 960fps.

This is the slug Huben. The target is a group at 100yds. It will shoot like this all the time. It is a squirrel killing machine.
20221108_171630.jpg
20221108_171315.jpg

Here is my pellet 2018-
20210216_084034.jpg

Here is a chrony sheet that I did on the 2021 L.E. with factory reg.
20221213_214858.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased my 1st Huben in 2018 and Kelly from Krazy Kool Airguns said that I wouldn't have anything else. And I laughed at him. After receiving it. I pretty well sold everything I had. I loved it! Since then I have purchased several of them. I now own 3 Hubens, 2018 with a TJ barrel setup to eat Nelson 27.5gr slugs at 960fps, 2018 setup to eat 14.3 & 18gr. pellets, and 2021 L.E. setup to eat 25gr Redesign at 960fps.

This is the slug Huben. The target is a group at 100yds. It will shoot like this all the time. It is a squirrel killing machine.
View attachment 333773View attachment 333774

Here is my pellet 2018-
View attachment 333778

Here is a chrony sheet that I did on the 2021 L.E. with factory reg.
View attachment 333783
Love the rugged good looks of that beast… solid looking rig.

As far as sling studs, just purchase the regular wood type sling studs and screw them into the holes provided by Huben in stock.

Huma vs stock reg-
Huma has faster recovery.
Have to remove air cylinder each time if you want to adjust.
Unable to adjust past 175bar.

Stock reg. is nice because you can adjust on the fly. Its located on bottom of rifle.

I was able to get in contact with Kelly and ordered a loading gate for $48 shipped. Yea I know kinda steep, but not too much more than the price of the loading gate on Ebay (it was priced in British pounds IIRC). Kelly seems like a decent guy tot deal with. As for the sling studs, as I mentioned, the vendor advised me to use Allen studs. My thing is that I am not too enthusiastic to use sling studs made for a wood stock in a synthetic/plastic stock in my Huben. The Allen set in the link below comes with one stud for wood (threads look like a wood screw) and another for synthetic stocks (thread look like a machine screw). I want to give the machine studs a go.

Last edited:
Here are the 2 rails that Kelly sent me. Haven't decided which on to add yet. Will definitely not use the sling hole in the front as one
of the holes as I would like to also add a sling.

IMG_3710.JPG

BTW, I went out yesterday and changed scopes and re-zeroed at 50 yards - literally pellet on pellet (in .25). Had some friends out and they were amazed at the accuracy at 100 yards with just holdover.

I was able to get in contact with Kelly and ordered a loading gate for $48 shipped. Yea I know kinda steep, but not too much more that the price of the loading gate on Ebay. Kelly seems like a decent guy tot deal with. As for the sling studs, as I mentioned, the vendor advised me to use Allen studs. My thing is that I am not too enthusiastic to use sling studs made for a wood stock in a synthetic/plastic stock in my Huben. The Allen set in the link below comes with one stud for wood (threads look like a wood screw) and another for synthetic stocks (thread look like a machine screw). I want to give the machine studs a go.

Dang I didn't even know Kelly sold them. If I had, I probably would have driven over to say hi and pick one up as he is near me.
I ordered one from Jan in the Netherlands (whom I now suspect makes them for Kelly) for only $35USD...

Reactions: TRIPP