Huben All Things HUBEN K1

In researching the gun before and since purchasing I have not seen an informative and ongoing Huben K1 thread on AGN. If I missed it please point it out. If there isn’t one, I figure now is as good of a time as any to start one.

I’ll start with a photo of my 2020 Huben K1 .22 caliber with a Vector Veyron 4-16x44 FFP IR scope.
E7AED2BC-BAEF-44B8-BFD5-8CAA5AB87DD2.jpeg

Sight in group from 25 yards seated behind a tripod.
35CD5873-A29C-4523-B453-8CEFB7E80B4A.jpeg

Groups from the same day and position at 50 yards.
2D76605A-75B6-4A0A-84BF-0849DC7CB4C6.jpeg

Offhand groups shot at 50 yards in 2-8 mph variable wind.
3CBDE6B3-A6DF-4DA9-80E0-E049EF5B6F5A.jpeg

4FB77195-6AF4-4679-86C6-172F8C9C3E1C.jpeg

All groups pictured were shot with .22 JSB Jumbo 15.89 grain diabolo pellets. The point of these photos is to demonstrate what the gun is capable of in the hands of a regular person. I am not much for shooting paper targets outside of preparing and staying sharp for hunting. I’m not a benchrest shooter. Your results may be better or worse.

With that said let’s get into this thread. If you wish to share your photos or videos of schematics, your Huben K1, custom work, accessories, tuning, or modifications please feel free to do so. Let’s ask detailed questions to garner answers that will benefit other Huben K1 owners. Current and former Huben owners if you’ll be so gracious as to contribute your knowledge and experience it would be greatly appreciated.

SEE POST #17 FOR INFORMATIVE LINKS ON THE HUBEN K1.

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions. Considering the weight of this gun, it gets heavy while carrying through the woods to hunt. I’ve got some holes in my synthetic stock but don’t what type of sling studs to use. I don’t want to mess up the stock.

1) Anyone know which type of sling studs are good to use?

2) As for regulators, which regulator do you prefer? A Huma Air regulator for the Huben K1 or the factory reg?

Last edited:
Hubens are awesome guns. You just have to adjust it correctly for the ammo you are shooting. Most of them I have seen and shot do better with 18 gr and 25 gr JSB. Some newer ones like slugs, older ones not so much. Never had much luck with the15.9 gr but never shot them too much either.
I've got a whole photo album full of pics of guns, hunting shots, tear downs etc.
I'll post some later on.

I don’t have a K1, but my favorite gun to shoot is my Leshiy 2 for several reasons, one of which is the semi-auto. So that makes me interested in the K1. I will be watching this thread. I do have a question. I have mixed things on the ease or lack thereof in cleaning the barrel. How does one go about cleaning?

Reactions: Raptor72
I recently got one of the loading gate mods, it makes loading a lot easier, and you aren't running a risk of scraping the lead off. Best $35 ever.
I have the huben reg in mine, Kelly at KrazKool rebuilt it for me once after it got a little flaky from playing with settings. It is rock solid now, SD of 1 to 2 usually.

One thing I learned is that it does like higher reg pressure and heavier pellets. I shoot the 25 and 34gr .22 in mine, with the reg at 145bar. It will shoot both at 900fps with a couple wheel clicks to tune it in.

Reactions: TRIPP
you can try ,, for a loading gate
or

Reactions: TRIPP and Ezana4CE
@jarmstrong I’ve reached out to Kelly and haven’t heard back from him. I didn’t see an option on his site to purchase a loading gate. I’ve seen the eBay link, but I know nothing about the seller. Hence my asking for a link that someone has actually used to purchase a loading gate. I’d like to try in the U.S. before purchasing from abroad if possible.

Last edited:
Also @Gregor has provided a lot of great information on Huben K1s, especially the older models. Check out some of his posts. I think this is the same Gregor that posted several early Huben K1 videos on YouTube as well. I’ll try to add some links to this thread in the coming days. I’ve been trying to determine which videos correspond to which year and version of the K1.

I don’t have a K1, but my favorite gun to shoot is my Leshiy 2 for several reasons, one of which is the semi-auto. So that makes me interested in the K1. I will be watching this thread. I do have a question. I have mixed things on the ease or lack thereof in cleaning the barrel. How does one go about cleaning?
@Redtick12 Apparently the short is by removing the barrel. I have been looking into this and from what I can surmise it’s easier on the 2020 (the newer version of the 2020 K1) and more current models (*for more information on two different versions produced in 2020 review the FAQ on the Huben Shop site here https://www.hubenairguns.shop/pages/support). To my understanding there was a design change that made it easier to re-align the Huben barrel with the magazine upon re-assembly. It’s important to do so because Huben K1 barrels are rifled and I belive the rifling in the magazine should align with the rifling in the barrel. Because of that I’ve read some owners of older Huben K1s suggest various methods of cleaning from the muzzle, which I am hesitant to do. This is basic upon my limited understanding. I still have plenty to learn.

Anyone with experience here or more concrete information please chime in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redtick12
Article written around the time the Huben was released.

Where to buy a Huben K1

U.S. airgun dealers that stock and sell Huben guns and parts:

New England Airguns (Massachusetts)
NEA sells new and used Huben K1s, pellets and slugs, and stocks with aftermarket designs. They are a pretty friendly shop. In dealing with them on several occasions, they’ve earned my business. I’ve read that they also do repair work, but I don’t think I’ve communicated with any AGN members that have utilized their repair service. They have a few parts like K1 fill probes, stocks, and magazines.

*Lou at NEAG informed me that they do not service Wolfiek built Carbon Fiber Edition Huben’s purchased from The Huben Shop (in the EU).

KrazCool Airguns (Missiouri)
I’ve read that Kelly of KrazCool cleans, tunes, and sets up Huben K1to the customer’s specs. He does repair and custom work on Huben K1s. Also note that if you buy a Huben modified by Wokfiek Group (The Huben Shop in Spain), Kelly also instructs owners to send it back to Spain for warranty work.

Huben K1 Dealer in the European Union:

The WolfiekGroup runs The Huben Shop. They have a great selection of spare parts from barrels, shrouds, stocks, regs, triggers, and o-rings to bullet molds, sizers, and an actual bullet press.

Huben K1 Owner’s Manual (dated 08/24/2021)

Troubleshoot a Few Common Issues

I came across this “Support” page on the manufacture’s site. They’ve linked some YouTube videos to a few issues Huben owners may encounter.

Thread with baffle/cone order (not sure if it’s the same for each production model).

Older "Huben Hammerless K1" AGN thread Good photos in this thread.

Slug Recommendations for the .22 and .25 Huben K1

Last edited:
I’d like to see a complete tear down video with replacement of all the o rings in the maintenance kit. All the videos I’ve seen only have partial breakdowns. I’d like to see from degassing all the way to airing it up.
@IMADMAN Here’s a lengthy disassembly video of K1 version 2. It doesn’t focus on o-rings.

I did see a simple degassing video, but the poster did something to his gun that is not recommended so I don’t want to post it here. From what I recall it appears that the short is to slowly open the screw on top of the action block to release air from the reservoir. It’s the only screw above and behind the manometer towards the but.

@Gregor degasses the K1 by turning down the regulator see time stamp 5:56 in the video linked above for this.

Last edited:
Kelly at KraZcool is a great guy to buy from and will help you out if you need anything or have questions. He works another full time job so his responses can be delayed a bit..

Here are some pics when the barrel isn't aligned correctly.. a friend brought me his gun and said it wasn't shooting very good
So I took it apart and thus us what I found.

20200107_175241.jpg