• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben All Things HUBEN K1

Got my sling studs in. Used the mechanical studs in a pack of Uncle Mike’s swivels and studs (bought two packs). There is one mechanical screw/stud and one wood screw/stud per pack.

View attachment 337913

I also got some chronograph readings from the high and low end shooting JSB Jumbo 15.89 grain diabolo pellets.
View attachment 337914
View attachment 337915

5 fpe to 54 fpe with pellets!! And people wonder what the allure of airguns is. Look at the versatility here. This is accomplished solely by turning the power wheel. I didn’t touch the regulator setting.
What chrony do you use because I maxed my fx pocket chrony out and it wouldn't read.

Took the .22 out today for some testing. Now I always use shoot and see targets and while they are fun I find they can show you a flase positive on accuracy. On this test this is just an initial speed/accuracy test at 25y and once I can find the sweet spot for each the monsters showed the best overall but the hades and crossman had some good potential as well as some of the 5 click groups had a large speed increase. Also 30-35 maxed out my fx pocket chrony so the fps isn't correct. This thing has crazy potential shooting a monster at 58fpe is nuts out of a .22 especially since it was just using the wheel. Currently the regulator is set at 14/15mpa. I tried the baracuda hunter extreme but they didnt show much potential.View attachment 337724View attachment 337725

View attachment 337723
Looks like something weird going on with your chrony there!
How can a 25 grain be going faster than a 14 grain on the same power setting? 🤔

Will check again but looked over the data on the app and they all seem to be about the same except on the 15 spot. Maybe the way the regulator reacts to each pellet weight.

I have had this happen with mine, although not with that exact combination of pellets. I've had tight fitting 18.1 grain pellets going faster than loose fitting 16 grain pellets on the same power and regulator setting. It is a function of how the Huben closing valve works - it iis nothing like a normal knock open valve. The amount of air that the closing valve allows to release is not constant, but is a function of the "back pressure" that it reads from the projectile. So for a given power setting, it is going to release more air per shot on a heavy pellet than a light pellet.

At the extreme end of things, this is why a Huben will almost dump the reservoir if there is a cycling issue and the mag jams up - I once made the mistake of loading undersized slugs which led to a jam, and since one slug blocked the barrel (hung up on the side of it) the closing valve saw very high back pressure so basically just stayed open and let air flow. I had to take the gun apart to clear that jam, and I won't make that mistake again.

I have had this happen with mine, although not with that exact combination of pellets. I've had tight fitting 18.1 grain pellets going faster than loose fitting 16 grain pellets on the same power and regulator setting. It is a function of how the Huben closing valve works - it iis nothing like a normal knock open valve. The amount of air that the closing valve allows to release is not constant, but is a function of the "back pressure" that it reads from the projectile. So for a given power setting, it is going to release more air per shot on a heavy pellet than a light pellet.

At the extreme end of things, this is why a Huben will almost dump the reservoir if there is a cycling issue and the mag jams up - I once made the mistake of loading undersized slugs which led to a jam, and since one slug blocked the barrel (hung up on the side of it) the closing valve saw very high back pressure so basically just stayed open and let air flow. I had to take the gun apart to clear that jam, and I won't make that mistake again.
Interesting!
This best explains the reason for slightly over sized slugs working best in these guns.
I'm seriously looking into this gun and trying to learn all I can before jumping on board!
Thanks for that explanation 👍

Interesting!
This best explains the reason for slightly over sized slugs working best in these guns.
I'm seriously looking into this gun and trying to learn all I can before jumping on board!
Thanks for that explanation 👍
I have one in .22 and .25 and will keep you posted on my testing. Even shoot me a message if you want a back and forth chat.

The new loading gate from the eBay seller came in today. Looks better than the other ones. Has a nice flowing curve shape. The tolerance for the gate is very tight. Tight enough where you don’t need magnets but they are included. It’s nice to have the magnets to feel that magnetic snap when you close the gate. Finish is not perfect but is good. Most importantly, the ABS has a good flex to it so it won’t snap like a cracker like the pla/petg 3d printed ones
E7BF5EAE-B088-412D-BCEA-E4697DADCB19.jpeg
AC8BF80A-C47A-40D2-87E8-504FE8ACC747.jpeg
17534436-2EC1-4C53-B083-DA9A36AA8244.jpeg
A2E4AF20-36CC-43FE-B007-D3CA98E666BE.jpeg

7DD898A8-1FC9-402B-9C05-640AAF4989CA.jpeg

Reactions: Shoothabreez
This is still only 25y but my rule is if it can't grouo at 25 it's not going to group at 50y. So these dots are smaller than a dime and honestly I would be happy with any of those groups those are mouse size pesting groups and that's great. I does have a few that are tight but still this is hades will repeat with next ammo choice.

20230305_213223.jpg

20230306_151345.jpg

Reactions: Jammin22
The new loading gate from the eBay seller came in today. Looks better than the other ones. Has a nice flowing curve shape. The tolerance for the gate is very tight. Tight enough where you don’t need magnets but they are included. It’s nice to have the magnets to feel that magnetic snap when you close the gate. Finish is not perfect but is good. Most importantly, the ABS has a good flex to it so it won’t snap like a cracker like the pla/petg 3d printed ones View attachment 339229View attachment 339230
@Legionaire That gate looks like it’s made of quality plastic. The hinges sort of look like 3D printed material. I like the magnet feature. I noticed divots and scratches on the magazine. It looks like someone took a rotary tool to it. What purpose do they serve?

@Legionaire That gate looks like it’s made of quality plastic. The hinges sort of look like 3D printed material. I like the magnet feature. I noticed divots and scratches on the magazine. It looks like someone took a rotary tool to it. What purpose do they serve?
He could’ve 3d printed it then sanded it to make it look like it was made in an injection mold. One things for sure is he used ABS.

The divots were done by Kelly. The chambers in the custom mag were .251 so he took a punch and made the divots so the .250 slugs would fit snug. Not a fan of the look of it on the mag but it works.

2020 and 2021 In .25 caliber.. Has anyone had any luck with NSA 26 grain? If so, what's the fps? Thank you in advance!
I haven’t tried them but they won’t do good being that they have a smaller diameter than the chambers in the mag. The accuracy won’t be good and even worse you could jam up the mag and have to take the gun apart. The slugs need to fit tightly in the mag to shoot accurately. I bought a custom mag to shoot .250 slugs. You will need to get .253-254 slugs for your mag. NSA, Zan, or Altaros sells them.

I haven’t tried them but they won’t do good being that they have a smaller diameter than the chambers in the mag. The accuracy won’t be good and even worse you could jam up the mag and have to take the gun apart. The slugs need to fit tightly in the mag to shoot accurately. I bought a custom mag to shoot .250 slugs. You will need to get .253-254 slugs for your mag. NSA, Zan, or Altaros sells them.
Thank you very much! That's what I had been thinking. Too small.

I bought a Huben K1 .22 last year. I tried a few different slugs in it and my experience was horrible. Due to how the gate works when inserting the slugs there is spring tension on the slug when you insert it which causes it to jump into the mag once it passes the gates. I made sure to rotate the mag several times before shooting to make sure it was rotating ok. Mag got stuck several times, had to tilt the gun straight up and bang it against the ground or table to knock the slugs further back in the magazine.

I believe the ammo was mostly to blame, I was using Zan .218 or .219 slugs if I remember correctly. I only shot 3 magazines before I gave up.
From what I've read it's a slug rifle and not a pellet one, I also have the LCS SK-19 and that ones a pellet rifle and not a slug one from what I've read.
Never had problems with pellets in the LCS SK-19 but that's because the skirt catches in the magazine, you should push it in a bit so it doesn't fall out or the rotation might shear off a piece of the pellet.

As for the Huben K1 I'd like to sell it or trade it for a Western Airguns Sidewinder (anyone know any store that sells it?) as it has a removable magazine.
I'm sure I can get my Huben to work just fine, just need to replace the gate (love the magnetic one on the SK-19) and find .22 ammo that works well with the rifle.
Huben used to sell ammo for it that looks like the one pictured below. I bought a mold from mpmolds but haven't cast any slugs yet to try them out. I know Altaros makes a similar slug but they don't ship to where I live so can't get them. Are you guys shooting slugs or pellets? What is your preferred ammo?
Screenshot 2023-03-20 071935.jpg