Huben All Things HUBEN K1

B6AD8072-B19B-4F6C-A601-F3E3A01B4B3E.jpeg

I got the new magazine gate on my Huben 22 , Said you could load three pellets at a time, With my old fingers I can only load two at a time,
Mike
I found the same thing with mine, but the issue is not only your fingers - the geometry of the .22 magazine, with 19 pellet slots, positions the slots such that 2 of the 4 visbile with the cover open are partly obstructed, leaving two that can be loaded. On the .25, three are unobstructed. Just he way it works out.

I just load two at a time. If you really want to do three, you can spin the mag back about half a slot and get one in the bottom one, then do the other two, but I find that more work than just doing the two. I do really like the upgrade though.

I have a couple of questions. Considering the weight of this gun, it gets heavy while carrying through the woods to hunt. I’ve got some holes in my synthetic stock but don’t what type of sling studs to use. I don’t want to mess up the stock.

1) Anyone know which type of sling studs are good to use?

2) As for regulators, which regulator do you prefer? A Huma Air regulator for the Huben K1 or the factory reg?
I have a pair of 2022 K1's in .22 and .25 respectively. I used screw style sling studs on both of mine. I got a pack of them from Amazon and there was a great assortment of screw lengths. I inserted a toothpick into the factory holes in the K1 stock to make sure I was not overpenetrating then just screwed them in. IIRC a bag of 8 studs in 4 lengths was under $10.

Regarding regulators - I'm using factory regs in both guns as I've never had a problem with (measured by doppler chrono) shot consistency. Replacing the reg is an easy job (I replaced one in my .22 due to a VERY slow leak) and I'l probably look aftermarket in a few years, but for now I'm really happy with the standard one. p.s. I keep my .22 at 15MPa and my .25 at 18MPa regulator pressure and then dial the power wheel from there for fine tuning. I've had no need to go back and adjust the reg since my original tuning.

Would you Guys buy a Huben for your first PCP?
Budget permitting, yes. My experience is that if you set it up right (make sure regulator is set at 15MPa or above), and load it carefully (don't jam the pellets in (I slightly tilt them up at the skirt and slide them gently into the magazine) the Huben K1's are rock solid, quiet, and smooth. They ain't cheap, for certain, but they are worth the price IMHO.

Today I counted the clicks of travel in my power/velocity wheel. I counted 75 clicks from top to bottom. Does anyone know if they are all useable or if some of the travel is in excess? Meaning will the wheel reach a point where it makes positive clicks with little to no resistance, but yields no change in velocity?
My experience is that once you get past 50 clicks (or so) there is no more gain in shot velocity.

Reactions: TRIPP
Welldone
You got to break it in with 500 or so shots, Don't take long with a semi auto, Watch the PSI you drain it fast shooting fast, Because its so tempting to go Bang bang real fast.
I got mine shooting the 18 gr JSB at about 940 FPS, I load two pellets and then use a regular pen with a plastic tip and push the pellets in to seat them, and so on so on,
Regulator set at 100 bar and I forgot the clicks out, There is a face book just for Hubens called Jackery I think,
Mike

Reactions: Camaro454
I just received my 22 K1 with walnut stock. I plan on putting a Sightron 10-50 scope this weekend to just send some pellets down range but I’m undecided on a “ full time “ optic. Any suggestions? I am partial to Sightron but I am also open to others. This going to be my fun gun AND hunting gun.
i have an athlon helos 2-12 on mine, with the half circle + dot reticle, and I find it really great for quick target acquisition and the tree below it for longer shots.

i have an athlon helos 2-12 on mine, with the half circle + dot reticle, and I find it really great for quick target acquisition and the tree below it for longer shots.
THATS WHAT i AM PUTTING ON MY Huben, I been through three scopes already and none make me happy, Crimson trace, Athlon 6x24 FFP, and a Arken 6x24 I would keep this one but the caps do not lock,,,
Mike

@Welldone and @airgunmike56 Scoping a gun is more of a personal thing IMO. Asking for suggestions on an open forum is a gamble and a good way to be led to buy and try several scopes that others like. We don’t have your eyes and people have varying preferences. It may be more helpful to y’all to check some scope threads in the “Optics” forum. There are plenty of detailed suggestions that may help if you’re undecided.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Hey Ezana4CE……..wow, I’m kinda new to the internet and forums and stuff so THANK YOU for your suggestion so as to not be influenced by wayward advice on optics choice when I’m not even in the “OPTICS” section. I am gonna go on over to the correct forum section and gain some “ OPTICS” knowledge. I promise that I’ll stay in my lane for at least the rest of the day😉

Took the .22 out today for some testing. Now I always use shoot and see targets and while they are fun I find they can show you a flase positive on accuracy. On this test this is just an initial speed/accuracy test at 25y and once I can find the sweet spot for each the monsters showed the best overall but the hades and crossman had some good potential as well as some of the 5 click groups had a large speed increase. Also 30-35 maxed out my fx pocket chrony so the fps isn't correct. This thing has crazy potential shooting a monster at 58fpe is nuts out of a .22 especially since it was just using the wheel. Currently the regulator is set at 14/15mpa. I tried the baracuda hunter extreme but they didnt show much potential.
20230304_200517.jpg
20230304_200455.jpg

20230304_200547.jpg

Got my sling studs in. Used the machine (screw) studs in a pack of Uncle Mike’s swivels and studs (bought two packs). There is one mechanical machine screw/stud and one wood screw/stud per pack. It’s also worth mentioning that the loading gate that I bought from KrazCool Airguns is working out nicely. It’s much more convenient to load pellets with an aftermarket flip-up loading gate.

CCF83D1B-167B-463A-BA0E-9504481153D9.jpeg

I also got some chronograph readings from the high and low end shooting JSB Jumbo 15.89 grain diabolo pellets.
66090F5B-57C3-43EF-867E-24250E1EF9D6.jpeg

A48EC65C-8324-4314-843C-3452DF841849.jpeg

5 fpe to 54 fpe with pellets!! And people wonder what the allure of airguns is. Look at the versatility here. This is accomplished solely by turning the power wheel. I didn’t touch the regulator setting.

Last edited: