Huben All Things HUBEN K1

@JaceSpace1369 Look at the first post in this thread. The group on the bottom target from 50 yards. For me, my abilities, and experience with this rifle that’s an acceptable group. The Zan slugs I bought don’t fit properly and they suck shooting from my K1.

I’d like to try some varmint knockers, but I have yet to slug my barrel. I’m not sure which diameter will work well. What worries me is removing the barrel and not re-aligning it properly upon reassembly.

Let us know how your K1 shoots those slugs.
Gotcha, and I will. So far, it's liking the applos and those are 251 and 2505. The 47gr bt at 254 diameter

@JaceSpace1369 Mine is a .22. Did you slug your barrel or just test projectiles until you found a suitable set of slugs?
I simply test them, I read a bunch of material on the forums and watched videos. I did end uo having to take the barrel out because I jammed a pellet. I forgot to push the lever down. And it being a 2022 model I found out that the assembly for barrel and mag is different from previous models. The prior ones clamp screws into the barrel and you can easily take out the mag after it's disassembled. But mine has 4 screws that screw into a plate infront of the mag and a nut on the barrel that secures it and helps align the barrel after you thread it in. Had I not had a bore scope, I don't think I would have been able to put this back together like it needed to.

Either way, I've only tried the Apollo 33gr and 40gr and Zan 44gr boat tails and those were shooting about measuring about a foot and a 1/2 at 30 yds. I believe those were a .250 size.

From what I have read, these 47gr are from an MP mold, and they have to be shot at atleast 875fps, so I'm hoping for good results. But I will give y'all my findings.

Quick question for the K1 experts: where is this sound coming from, and will it be an issue (down the line)?

In this video I filled it from 250 to 280 bar. The sound is present just after I open the fill station, and it goes away after a few seconds.

(In this vid I closed and reopened the fill station half way, that’s the second time you’ll hear the sound.)

It’s a new K1, shoots, cycles and holds pressure like it should so far (3 fills in).

Thanks!

Quick question for the K1 experts: where is this sound coming from, and will it be an issue (down the line)?

In this video I filled it from 250 to 280 bar. The sound is present just after I open the fill station, and it goes away after a few seconds.

(In this vid I closed and reopened the fill station half way, that’s the second time you’ll hear the sound.)

It’s a new K1, shoots, cycles and holds pressure like it should so far (3 fills in).

Thanks!
Check valve spring. Normal. Good slow fill.

Reactions: PCPFanNL
I have tried everything Varmint Knockers has in .25 or at least I believe I have. The 33gr, 40gr, 45gr, 47gr solids and 47gr BT pure lead and the 47gr BT 8.5 hardness and they do not shoot well out of mine. I couldn't really pinpoint why they wouldn't shoot well. The hollow points wouldn't group less than 3" at 100yds.

The BT were inconsistent with the sizing. Within just one slug the BT were ranging from .2445 to .26 and it was like that among the 8 slugs I checked for sizing. These would give me groups a foot wide in different directions.

254 nsa 33.6 and 38.5gr shoot amazingly though. I was able to produce moa and sub moa groups at 100yds shooting from my car window.

Apolo 33gr and 40gr also shoot very well despite being the same size as the Varmint Knocker slugs those are .2505-.251" Some of the VK slugs were ranging from .2495 - .250. But for the most part they were .250-.2505

Hello everyone,

I wanted to be part of the mishap I recently had with the Huben dealer in Spain (because I live in France).

I bought a new Huben K1 from them in summer 2022.
In almost 8 months and after trying more than 40 different pellets and slugs I have never managed to obtain a satisfactory grouping beyond 30 meters (33 yards).
I contacted them many times by email, they always responded but often being very vague, then they ended up making me an offer.
"I send them my k1 for verification, if there is a problem on it the costs are their responsibility and if there are no problems then I pay €180".
For me no worries since the grouping above 33 yards is horribly bad and on top of that I sometimes have faster or more loose projectiles for no reason.

The overhaul of my k1 should normally be carried out in 2 to 4 weeks except that it took 4 months.
Of course he didn't find any problem on my k1 so he asked me 150€ for the servicing costs and he didn't tell me more about what was done on it, (I got a 20€ discount because 'they took 3 months longer, do you find such a small discount normal when it is an after-sales service which logically should have been free?)

I received my huben k1 after 4 months of waiting and 150€ in my bank account.
I had a big surprise when I opened the box, the air pressure nanometer had been changed since the old one was also placed in the box, why did I change it since the rifle has no problem?
Then the cap of the new nanometer was not retained, because it was missing 2 small springs and 2 small steel balls to hold the cap in place (so I repaired it with the old cap that I received in the box, does this seem professional to you and a guarantee of quality as well as reliability for a rifle at this price, especially since I paid €150 in overhaul costs.
And that’s of course not all of them because otherwise I would never have written this post.
I also have an air leak on it, I lose about 50 bars per day of pressure.

It comes out of service, where I bought it, from an authorized reseller, who makes me pay for after-sales services and sends me back my huben k1 in less good condition than when I sent it since the nanometer cap does not hold and there is an air leak.

How can anyone imagine that people can work like that, I'm sickened.

Now I can no longer trust them to repair my huben k1 and they stole 150€ from me.

Ps: I feel like he shoots better now 😂😭

My contact at Huben Spain, so my thief is called Matias.

can you lower the reg setting without degassing the gun ?
With the factory reg, yes. It is one of the great things about it - you can lower it all the way to zero, thus degassing the regulated plenum so you can take the action apart, but leave the main reservoir fully pressurized. Then when you are done, just open up the regulator to where you want and you are back shooting . . .

But the Huma regulator is more consistent, especially if you want to run at lower pressures (which I do). I found the factory regulator not as consistent down around 100 bar, and thus the ES is higher there than up at 150 bar. I'm running the Huma in mine now, but I do miss the ease of use of the factory regulator.

With the factory reg, yes. It is one of the great things about it - you can lower it all the way to zero, thus degassing the regulated plenum so you can take the action apart, but leave the main reservoir fully pressurized. Then when you are done, just open up the regulator to where you want and you are back shooting . . .

But the Huma regulator is more consistent, especially if you want to run at lower pressures (which I do). I found the factory regulator not as consistent down around 100 bar, and thus the ES is higher there than up at 150 bar. I'm running the Huma in mine now, but I do miss the ease of use of the factory regulator.
thank you for that information !
i am currently tuning for 38gr zan .253, i have increased the reg to a point i'm wasting air with the power wheel setting of 35 clicks open. so i'm wanting to decrease the reg until i see a slight drop in fps.
i read somewhere on here that Kelly dont recommend the power wheel adjustments over 35 clicks.
thanks again for your reply !!

I haven't posted for awhile. Had my 25 for 9 months. After I got thru playing a seriously set out to shooting, zeroed @50. MOA @100. COKE CANS @ 200. Winter slows me down but I'm back @ it on warmer days. It's a little different to load but I knew that going in. I didn't realize the .254 slug sizing. Its 1 of my 2 hunting guns.

Reactions: gendoc
thank you for that information !
i am currently tuning for 38gr zan .253, i have increased the reg to a point i'm wasting air with the power wheel setting of 35 clicks open. so i'm wanting to decrease the reg until i see a slight drop in fps.
i read somewhere on here that Kelly dont recommend the power wheel adjustments over 35 clicks.
thanks again for your reply !!
I would ping Kelly directly if you can. When I first bought my Huben backin early 2021 he related don't go past 35-40 clicks on the power adjustment or the valve may hang open. I had some issues with my Huben a few weeks back and discovered it only had 28 bellevue washers in it. some came that way. Anyway I had to send it back to him. I'm sure he put the full 30 bellevue washers in it like most of them have. anyway, when he sent it back the power wheel was 42 clicks. I'm shooting Alteros 50gr slugs at 960fps and love em. I use 36 clicks on my 38gr Zans and 32/33 clicks on 26gr Zans. So food for thought.

I haven't posted for awhile. Had my 25 for 9 months. After I got thru playing a seriously set out to shooting, zeroed @50. MOA @100. COKE CANS @ 200. Winter slows me down but I'm back @ it on warmer days. It's a little different to load but I knew that going in. I didn't realize the .254 slug sizing. Its 1 of my 2 hunting guns.
I can't wait to get ouit and coyote hunt. 200yds huh? Nice! What are you shooting and what speed?

I would ping Kelly directly if you can. When I first bought my Huben backin early 2021 he related don't go past 35-40 clicks on the power adjustment or the valve may hang open. I had some issues with my Huben a few weeks back and discovered it only had 28 bellevue washers in it. some came that way. Anyway I had to send it back to him. I'm sure he put the full 30 bellevue washers in it like most of them have. anyway, when he sent it back the power wheel was 42 clicks. I'm shooting Alteros 50gr slugs at 960fps and love em. I use 36 clicks on my 38gr Zans and 32/33 clicks on 26gr Zans. So food for thought.
thank you, so above 35 clicks are ok for the 2022 version ?

What was your reg set to? Because the 2022 huben k1 that @gendoc has was mine, and with setting the reg at 200b the most I could get out of it was shooting the 47grain slugs at 963fps

Reactions: gendoc
What was your reg set to? Because the 2022 huben k1 that @gendoc has was mine, and with setting the reg at 200b the most I could get out of it was shooting the 47grain slugs at 963fps
My reg is currently set at 17-18 bar. The setting I've got at 42 clicks on the power wheel seems to be the sweet spot for my 50grs.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369