American Air Arms All Things EVOL

Yes 2000psi should get you very close. If I remember right I maxed out at 935fps?? Dropped to 890fps for my tune. Was hoping for 880fps but I'd be going to 94% which is too far for my liking try to shoot for 96% +or- .5%. I believe from factory they are set somewhere around that 2000psi mark. Might not need to do much. I might eventually drop it a tiny bit more if I ever get into again for around a 920fps max for a 880fps tune. But it shoots very well as is so see no real need to. And yeah I do get 50ish (53 I believe) shots on a full fill. Just need to fill my tank up as it's getting low so only around 30 at the moment which isn't bad just need to top the tank to use the full 4k fill pressure when I'm at the farm.

Thank you. I’m going to wait to see if it’s a keeper first. I’m not even going to buy a scope for it even though I know what one belongs on the gun. I’ll just use one from the stash until I see if it wants to become friends.
I like this approach of dislike or letting the gun earn it's home 1st. I'm of the same path. only consistent accuracy intrests me & that includes a good trigger , hunter or not, followed by Ergo. If it fails 1st 2 it's gone.
Joe

Reactions: Dairyboy
Elbowgrease,
What are you running in yours? When I got mine, CT had it set up for 18gr JSB at 900fps. Gun was super accurate and consistent but I just upped the reg to 1900psi and am tuning the 25.4gr FX to about 925fps. At 50yrd my best 5shot group so far was 4 through the same hole with one just outside about a 3/8" group. Really loving this guns so far. I have my FX Dreampup on the classifieds and thinking of also putting up my Maverick, Concept XR and RTI Prophet LR so I can pick up another EVOL!!!
Funny your thinking of getting another EvoL and selling off some others. I have 3 myself. The HPS, Magnon, and the Mini. Im just down the road from AoA and not to long back I took in some Airguns I was not shooting much and traded them in on the Mini. Well I did shoot the Leshiy 1 a good amount. Loved the thing. But its not an EvoL mini.

Anyway. I did my current tune on my HPS just about when summer hit here in AZ so I have not shot it much. As soon as the weather turns Ill be going out. Currently its is shooting NSA 24.8s at 1020fps. My reg is set around 2400psi. I also have the hammer spring backed way off. I want to be able to push the power for 28 and 30 grain slugs. I have not had the chance to shoot more then 15-20 yards to zero and mess around. Once it cools off out I will be able to push it. Last time I was out with it I was stretching it to 300 yards and popping full seltzer cans and hitting clays I had staggered around large rocks.. The cans and clays were placed at various distances out to the 300. Have taken pigeons out to 186 yards. This was with factory reg settings. Was shooting the 24.8s around 994fps. The hammer spring was turned in a fair amount. I know with the factory settings it was shooting the 25 grain JSBs at about 1020 fps. My reg came set at 2000psi I believe. Anything lighter was just moving too fast when it came to pellets.

Reactions: Ed24
Question on Paradigm .30 ?

Having a barrel/warranty issue looked at by Shane at AoA.

While the gun is in AZ, are there any suggested new fixes that I need to add/address? As an example, I know Tom mentioned a no charge upgrade kit to make the cocking lever easier, which I will do. I am wondering if anything new was announced after I purchased my gun.

Does anyone know of anything else I should have AOA address in terms of adding new features that may not be on my gun? I bought the gun new in April 2023.

I would prefer to have any and all work done while at AoA.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Question on Paradigm .30 ?

Having a barrel/warranty issue looked at by Shane at AoA.

While the gun is in AZ, are there any suggested new fixes that I need to add/address? As an example, I know Tom mentioned a no charge upgrade kit to make the cocking lever easier, which I will do. I am wondering if anything new was announced after I purchased my gun.

Does anyone know of anything else I should have AOA address in terms of adding new features that may not be on my gun? I bought the gun new in April 2023.

I would prefer to have any and all work done while at AoA.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
I don't think so. There are new plenum inserts available but that's only if you really want to be shooting higher than 880fps with the 44gr. Not sure what your wants for it are but that would be the only thing.

I don't think so. There are new plenum inserts available but that's only if you really want to be shooting higher than 880fps with the 44gr. Not sure what your wants for it are but that would be the only thing.

Thanks!

This is 100% for bench rest only at 50 and 100 yards. Given I am having some accuracy issues at 100 yards, I am wondering if any have had any better results increasing HST/ velocity beyond 880 FPS with the 44g. And, if those new plenum inserts are helpful? Guess I don’t know the value?

I did think of another checklist item. I have two .30 mags that occasionally jam, and I understand Tom was going to address with newer mags. Others have had same issue on this thread. Anyone know if there are new mags yet?

TOM,

The rifle I saw at PAC had an external reg adjustment as well as an external HS adjuster. Both of those mods would make me smile (if) I were an AAA owner. It also had an external port adjustment which I doubt I would use.

Thanks Tim. I agree, and given that the Paradigm can shoot both pellets and slugs, an external HST and regulator would be very desirable. As it is now, you need to take the action out of the stock to adjust HST. Same with regulator; plus degass the cylinder, etc. Not hard to do, but takes time and is inconvenient to do this at the range.

I’ll talk to AoA about it.

P.S - How did the .30 Paradigm shoot at PAC?

Reactions: woogie_man
Thanks Tim. I agree, and given that the Paradigm can shoot both pellets and slugs, an external HST and regulator would be very desirable. As it is now, you need to take the action out of the stock to adjust HST. Same with regulator; plus degass the cylinder, etc. Not hard to do, but takes time and is inconvenient to do this at the range.

I’ll talk to AoA about it.

The new rifles will have external adjustments. I am having Tom right now add the external reg adjuster to my cylinder.

Tom is waiting on his shipment to come in to ship mine out. As soon as it shows up I will get pictures up.

The new rifles will have external adjustments. I am having Tom right now add the external reg adjuster to my cylinder.

Tom is waiting on his shipment to come in to ship mine out. As soon as it shows up I will get pictures up.

Very cool that older guns can be retrofitted with the external reg adjuster. Any word on retrofitting an external hammer spring adjuster? I think that’d be more useful (for me anyway).

Reactions: woogie_man
Hi Tom,
I think he was shooting on bench 31 in Relay 2 and he might not of shot a high enough aggregate score in qualifiers to make it into the finals on Saturday.

1693603251774.jpeg

Hi Tom,
I think he was shooting on bench 31 in Relay 2 and he might not of shot a high enough aggregate score in qualifiers to make it into the finals on Saturday.

View attachment 385418

Thanks Tim.

Can’t draw any conclusions from his scores, and I don’t know the background. Lots of variables.

I would have hoped any other Paradigm .30 caliber at PAC would have placed in a higher score position, given the potential.

I am tracking CLOSELY the Paradigm at these 100 yard bench rest events.

I am not convinced it’s a 100 yard competition Benchrest gun.

Thanks Tim.

Can’t draw any conclusions from his scores, and I don’t know the background. Lots of variables.

I would have hoped any other Paradigm .30 caliber at PAC would have placed in a higher score position, given the potential.

I am tracking CLOSELY the Paradigm at these 100 yard bench rest events.

I am not convinced it’s a 100 yard competition Benchrest gun.
how are you tracking these events and who is shooting what? i have been interested but i never see pics or find much when i do a google such? i did a search just a few days ago for PAC and AAA with nothing?
i wish some one would post pics of the shooters their setup and maybe even videos?
thanks pan

Very cool that older guns can be retrofitted with the external reg adjuster. Any word on retrofitting an external hammer spring adjuster? I think that’d be more useful (for me anyway).
The external hammer adjuster is already on the Paradigm, heck it may be already on the Evol just need to remove from the chassis.

Hadn't seen this before, but krale lists a .30 Evol mini. Interesting.

View attachment 385472
Oh now that would be cool. I love my Magnon and feel that the overall size is well fitting. I might consider picking up a mini .30 at some point. Ill likely wait and see how others feel about them first though.

Reactions: SHOMER