American Air Arms All Things EVOL

I have been talking about putting an Arca rail on the Paradigm, and I think I found a solution. While looking around Amazon a while ago I bought a length of Arca for another project and promptly forgot about it. The Paradigm has a section of inleted rail that I was able to utilize.

Over all it looks great and it is stable. This should help prevent any kind of scratches or dents to the forend.
20230815_161448.jpg
20230815_161440.jpg
20230815_161444.jpg

Just to show that no drilling of the stock is needed.

I have been talking about putting an Arca rail on the Paradigm, and I think I found a solution. While looking around Amazon a while ago I bought a length of Arca for another project and promptly forgot about it. The Paradigm has a section of inleted rail that I was able to utilize.

Over all it looks great and it is stable. This should help prevent any kind of scratches or dents to the forend.
View attachment 380946View attachment 380947View attachment 380948
This is what I was suggesting!!!

Reactions: woogie_man
Anyone care to speculate on potential new upcoming offerings from AAA?
One of them is definitely going straight to the top of my bucket/wish - list… just not sure what they may have going on “behind the curtain“ at the moment, so I’m holding my breath as long as I can 😆
You will be eager to purchase, as they have been engineered/upgraded to about all everyone has been asking for. They'll be available shortly from what I am told. I'm getting another one of the new model for sure.

So are they upgrading their current line, or coming out with new models?

The one thing Tom did announce is a competition oriented rifle geared toward PRS which in the airgun world really is geared around slug shooting. The products in place now will still be available as well. Theres really not anything you can do to "upgrade" the current line up, they are what peak performance is.

Last edited:

View attachment 380946View attachment 380947View attachment 380948
I like this!!

@Jaxjax I don’t recall reading about anyone that said the 50 grain pellets shot well in comparison to the 44 grain pellets out of the box. Maybe someone can chime in to answer your question with experience.

Also does anyone know the measurement from base of 1913 slot to barrel so I can get rings on there way. I'm mounting a Sightron 10x50x60mm
Thanks Joe
In my experience, the lowest ring height I can use to clear a 56mm objective and the top of the magazine is 1.26" in height. I think you'll be able to clear a 60mm objective with 1.4" to 1.5" rings.

Reactions: Jaxjax
How do the 50.15's shoot outa box on Evol .30. Is it to slow or would I have to have it tuned before I get it.I only need 24 shots if possible.
Joe
Full disclosure, I don't and won't be shooting 44gr JSB pellets anytime soon. I don't compete, and shoot well past 100y for fun, where I believe the better bc of the 50gr, with any wind at all, will actually make it more accurate at 150y even if it wasn't as accurate as a 44gr at 100y (although I never tested that assumption, in Strelok it looks real probable). With that being said, I do shoot the 44gr Hades, as they are for hunting and I won't be using them for long shots. As far as the speed vs. accuracy part of your question, stipulating that all guns can shoot very differently from one another, yes, it made a noticable difference with my Paradigm. The Hades at 875fps (factory setting) shot about one inch groups at 52y, the worst of anything I tried. When I bumped the speed up to 925fps, under a half inch. The 50gr were originally shooting 840fps and were not quite coverable by a dime, but close, after the speed jump to 890fps they could be. The FX Hybrid slugs got crazy accurate going from 845fps to 905fps. Again, this was just my experience. All of this will change for me too, once I add a bigger plenum and go through the whole process again. All of these numbers came from upping my regulator from 2000psi to 2250psi. I am going to be shooting the Zans myself.

A little info you guys may or may not know! I reached out to Tom the other day asking what slug the original HPS 22 was built around since I picked up the one CTAirgunner had on the classifieds. He told me it was built around a 30gr slug that NSA no longer makes. He said the new to be released HPS 22 will have a 1:15 twist rate and will be better suited for today's slugs. Also that when the new rifle is released they will also have upgrade kits available for the older version! Thanks again CT for one cool air gun!!!

A little info you guys may or may not know! I reached out to Tom the other day asking what slug the original HPS 22 was built around since I picked up the one CTAirgunner had on the classifieds. He told me it was built around a 30gr slug that NSA no longer makes. He said the new to be released HPS 22 will have a 1:15 twist rate and will be better suited for today's slugs. Also that when the new rifle is released they will also have upgrade kits available for the older version! Thanks again CT for one cool air gun!!!
Being able to upgrade the older HPS is wonderful news. Im curious as to what all has changed. Having had my HPS apart a few times to adjust the reg I can say this. There is little to change in that thing. If I were to guess it would be nothing more then a barrel swap. I suppose the main body might be part of the upgrade as well. In any case Im looking forward to it.

Being able to upgrade the older HPS is wonderful news. Im curious as to what all has changed. Having had my HPS apart a few times to adjust the reg I can say this. There is little to change in that thing. If I were to guess it would be nothing more then a barrel swap. I suppose the main body might be part of the upgrade as well. In any case Im looking forward to it.

Elbowgrease,
What are you running in yours? When I got mine, CT had it set up for 18gr JSB at 900fps. Gun was super accurate and consistent but I just upped the reg to 1900psi and am tuning the 25.4gr FX to about 925fps. At 50yrd my best 5shot group so far was 4 through the same hole with one just outside about a 3/8" group. Really loving this guns so far. I have my FX Dreampup on the classifieds and thinking of also putting up my Maverick, Concept XR and RTI Prophet LR so I can pick up another EVOL!!!