• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

American Air Arms All Things EVOL

Thanks man!

It’s a Tier One ATAC bipod. https://tier-one.eu/products/atac-bipod
Now that I think of it I definitely need the ATACR scope. 😂

I’ve had 5 March scopes in the past: 1-8, 1-10, 1.5-15, 2.5-25 and 3-24. 🙈 All great scopes! Somewhat critical on eye placement due to the large zoom ratio, can be tricky to get behind.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Thanks man!

It’s a Tier One ATAC bipod. https://tier-one.eu/products/atac-bipod
Now that I think of it I definitely need the ATACR scope. 😂

I’ve had 5 March scopes in the past: 1-8, 1-10, 1.5-15, 2.5-25 and 3-24. 🙈 All great scopes! Somewhat critical on eye placement due to the large zoom ratio, can be tricky to get behind.
Damn that is a nice looking bipod, how is it as far as rigidity when under load while shooting compared to an accu-tac?

Thats good to know on the march scopes. I would be so pumped to have something with the same specs as my helix , just better glass, the helix becomes fuzzy at 14 and really shows its fuzziness at 16 power.

Reactions: Dairyboy
This is really hard guys....... I just sold my motorcycle and I have money to blow. Either I do what I told the wife and get another motorcycle or I get an EVOL to go with the Paradigm.

I really should stay away from this thread!

XSport that is a great little set up! Really like the looks of that rifle.
Buy a new Honda Grom and an Evol and have fun with both!

Reactions: Dairyboy
So I ended up setting up some spinners at 80yds from a spot I got to in our field when changing irrigation. Might go through and shoot a mag everyday I go. Man it's fun shooting in a breeze and trying to read the wind. Once I figure it out just super consistent. Have alittle ribbon zip tied to the front for a windicator and works great. Really helps me detect even slight breezes I wouldn't think would do anything.

So I ended up setting up some spinners at 80yds from a spot I got to in our field when changing irrigation. Might go through and shoot a mag everyday I go. Man it's fun shooting in a breeze and trying to read the wind. Once I figure it out just super consistent. Have alittle ribbon zip tied to the front for a windicator and works great. Really helps me detect even slight breezes I wouldn't think would do anything.
This is my favorite style of shooting too. I have switched to the duraseal spinners to make less noise and reduce ricochet but they are becoming a pain to maintain. I have to use a drill bit to get the lead out, or they won't spin well after a while. I have started hanging duraseal targets from tree limbs, much more fun to shoot! They fly around all over the place when hit and you don't have to worry about running them over with a mower or hitting them with a weedwhacker. I just leave them out. Since I have got the Paradigm I have my furthest targets at 155y and it is really rewarding seeing it bounce around.

Back to the topic at hand..........

I have the Paradigm more or less tuned to be around the 30ftlb right now for a higher shot count than normal. Though if I can get my Theoben set up for a 22cal I am going to bump the power of the Paradigm to try some slugs or the heavier weight pellets. Right now things are quite boring with it as the shots are so predictable.

I have been trying to find a time to go out and look for some rabbits and critters, but have been so busy with work and kids that time is very limited.

Did some new slug testing with the EVOL Mini yesterday and today with factory tune at 55 yards. It's shooting pellets so well I really don't want to adjust anything... I just thought it would be interesting to see whats possible with different brands without tuning. So far no luck NSA'S/Howlers, Rifle or Griffin brands. The speeds are shown in pictures. The Altaros slugs didn't load very well from mag without a good amount of force and after two mags I single loaded them and no issues nice a tight fit. I think the groups could've been tighter if I would've held the gun a little long during firing cycle because of the slow fps and just single loaded them all? Altaros have performed the best out of the testing so far and of course the most expensive ones would lol.. I have some AVS slugs on the way as well in 4 different styles which I will share results when they arrive. At this point I'm thinking I need another EVOL to be a dedicated slug shooter!

20230629_161057.jpg

20230629_161119.jpg

20230629_161154.jpg

Had a little free time and wanted to do a little tuning. Was able to bring the rifle from 850fps up to 910fps and my consistency improved as well as my groupings. Was shooting at 30 yards in the back yard so nothing terribly far yet.

20230629_174104.jpg

Top group was me getting the rifle dialed in with the 18.1gr fx pellets. The bottom group is an attempt with Javelin .218 23gr slugs. Velocity went from 910fps down to 750fps, but group looks great for 11 rounds.

Reactions: Xsport
Had a little free time and wanted to do a little tuning. Was able to bring the rifle from 850fps up to 910fps and my consistency improved as well as my groupings. Was shooting at 30 yards in the back yard so nothing terribly far yet.

View attachment 368741

Top group was me getting the rifle dialed in with the 18.1gr fx pellets. The bottom group is an attempt with Javelin .218 23gr slugs. Velocity went from 910fps down to 750fps, but group looks great for 11 rounds.
Did you just make a adjustment to the hammer spring only?

I shot my Paradigm .30 today, after having turned up the reg to 2250psi last weekend. I gained approx. 50-60fps on everything I was shooting. I was shooting at 52y with very light wind. Accuracy went up with everything but NSA slugs, they shot badly. The Hades went from meh to Hey, shooting at 925fps. The Zan 56gr BR30 pellets performed just as well, but at 846 vs 800fps. The stellar performance of the day was from the FX Hybrids which went from 845 to 905fps and quite literally put the first 3 shots into the exact same hole! I have never done that quite so perfectly before and I am sure that it was my lack of skill that made the next two shots open the hole a quarter inch. The limiting factor at this point is me. I took advantage of SWFA's 4th of July sale to get a 16x scope because the 10x isn't cutting it for the distance this gun can shoot accurately. Fun stuff!

I shot my Paradigm .30 today, after having turned up the reg to 2250psi last weekend. I gained approx. 50-60fps on everything I was shooting. I was shooting at 52y with very light wind. Accuracy went up with everything but NSA slugs, they shot badly. The Hades went from meh to Hey, shooting at 925fps. The Zan 56gr BR30 pellets performed just as well, but at 846 vs 800fps. The stellar performance of the day was from the FX Hybrids which went from 845 to 905fps and quite literally put the first 3 shots into the exact same hole! I have never done that quite so perfectly before and I am sure that it was my lack of skill that made the next two shots open the hole a quarter inch. The limiting factor at this point is me. I took advantage of SWFA's 4th of July sale to get a 16x scope because the 10x isn't cutting it for the distance this gun can shoot accurately. Fun stuff!
I've heard about good results with FX Hybrids in the Evol 30. I'm afraid if I try them and they do really well, I might have to stock up on them. They're so damn expensive lol.

I've heard about good results with FX Hybrids in the Evol 30. I'm afraid if I try them and they do really well, I might have to stock up on them. They're so damn expensive lol.
Yeah, you're right, they are expensive! I always try NSA first because they are the best deal going, but this time they didn't work. I'm jealous of my brother and his Avenger in .25 that loves NSA slugs, and is as accurate as anything costing 5x as much. Who knows, it is likely that there are a lot of slugs that would do as well, but I am not going to blow my money on a maybe, when I already have something doing amazingly well.

So wanted to check the Evol this morning on how it does sitting overnight. It's tuned at 885fps avg with 16gr pellets. First shot was 893fps. 👍what I figured being it's always on first shot. I threw a few other things over the chrony while I had it out.

Baseline: AA 16gr 885fps 27.8fpe
CPHP 14.3gr 925fps 27.2fpe
NSA 17.5gr .217 855fps 28.4fpe
NSA 20.2gr .217 780fps 27.3fpe
H&N 21gr .218 755fps 26.6fpe

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
What is the lightest you adjust your trigger on a 30 EVOL? Or, have you not needed to adjust it?
I have 3 Evols and never adjusted the triggers on them. They are perfect out of the box for me. I tested one with my Lyman and it came in at around 8 to 9 ounces if I recall.