• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

American Air Arms All Things EVOL

I think this grip looks good. Has the angled thumb rest too.

I have the ergo zero degree and like it but the rubber gets coated in dust and not the biggest fan of that. And no thumbrest however I do use my safety knob as a thumb rest so does work
I also have that grip from MK Machining. I wish it was just a little bigger. I've been trying so many different grips and trying to settle on one but i might go back to it. This is an older pic.

20211004_221128.jpg

I also have that grip from MK Machining. I wish it was just a little bigger. I've been trying so many different grips and trying to settle on one but i might go back to it. This is an older pic.

View attachment 367618
Lol funny. Yeah I like my ergo as it's quite a large grip. It's comfortable. But do like a thumbrest also. So you like the Emperor better? I had the Tuxedo from Anarchy on my 15" and liked it but was alittle small

Lol funny. Yeah I like my ergo as it's quite a large grip. It's comfortable. But do like a thumbrest also. So you like the Emperor better? I had the Tuxedo from Anarchy on my 15" and liked it but was alittle small
I also have the Tuxedo version. I like the Emperor better because of the larger size but I want to shave down the lettering in the front. The Tuxedo is available without the lettering but too small for me.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Just an FYI, if anyone is interested, I tore into my Paradigm this weekend to up my regulator. The gun is really well made and dead simple to take apart, once you buy the barrel wrench. I had read this whole thread and watched all the videos and knew that I wanted to turn my reg counter clockwise from 12 o'clock to 10 o'clock. This turned out to be spot on and I got the Zan 56gr BR30 pellets up to 850fps from a start of 800fps, a 10fpe increase to 90fpe. The reg was at 2000psi and now is at 2250. I don't really like dealing with counting turns too much because it is rather crude, I like to measure for precision and repeatability. This brings me to the hard numbers that I wanted to share from my adjustment of the regulator. The starting length of the reg, set for 2000psi was 2.170", the finished length set for 2250psi is 2.175". Each 1/1000th of an inch equalled a 50psi increase. I had not heard it expressed this way before so I'm justing throwing it out here for general info. You need to use really good calipers this way, no Harbor Freight plastic ones, but it's the way I prefer. I use Starrett 120A calipers that have always served me well and would highly recommend.

EDIT: Tom Costan is telling me that the amount that I moved the regulator should have only been a 100psi increase in my regulator pressure. I think I might have a bad guage. Where ever my pressure is actually at, I did gain 50fps with the pellets I'm shooting.
2nd EDIT: Others have matched my results, or come out in between, so it would seem some just behave differently. Everyone just needs to test their own. It always seems to come down to that.

Last edited:
Just an FYI, if anyone is intersted, I tore into my Paradigm this weekend to up my regulator. The gun is really well made and dead simple to take apart, once you buy the barrel wrench. I had read this whole thread and watched all the videos and knew that I wanted to turn my reg counter clockwise from 12 o'clock to 10 o'clock. This turned out to be spot on and I got the Zan 56gr BR30 pellets up to 850fps from a start of 800fps, a 10fpe increase to 90fpe. The reg was at 2000psi and now is at 2250. I don't really like dealing with counting turns too much because it is rather crude, I like to measure for precision and repeatability. This brings me to the hard numbers that I wanted to share from my adjustment of the regulator. The starting length of the reg, set for 2000psi was 2.170", the finished length set for 2250psi is 2.175". Each 1/1000th of an inch equalled a 50psi increase. I had not heard it expressed this way before so I'm justing throwing it out here for general info. You need to use really good calipers this way, no Harbor Freight plastic ones, but it's the way I prefer. I use Starrett 120A calipers that have always served me well and would highly recommend.
Smart way to do it! Hadn't thought of that. But yes simple guns to work on. Kind of like an Edgun. Super robust but easy for the owner to work on if need be.

View attachment 367618
I really , really like that grip, or at least the look of it, what can is that?!

This is really hard guys....... I just sold my motorcycle and I have money to blow. Either I do what I told the wife and get another motorcycle or I get an EVOL to go with the Paradigm.

I really should stay away from this thread!

XSport that is a great little set up! Really like the looks of that rifle.

This is really hard guys....... I just sold my motorcycle and I have money to blow. Either I do what I told the wife and get another motorcycle or I get an EVOL to go with the Paradigm.

I gave up riding motorcycles years ago after 1 too many accidents. I vote Evol, but thats just me :D

Lol I'm with @CTairgunner1288 get the Evol! We ain't getting any younger and things take longer to heal after an injury 😉

XSport that is a great little set up! Really like the looks of
I do have a MDT vertical grip as well. I like the look of it but just doesn't feel right in my hand. The grip thats on the gun makes for a easier grab and go I just wish it was rubberized.
I'd buy a EVOL as well and a gas powered Alkin no helmet needed!

I do have a MDT vertical grip as well. I like the look of it but just doesn't feel right in my hand. The grip thats on the gun makes for a easier grab and go I just wish it was rubberized.
I'd buy a EVOL as well and a gas powered Alkin no helmet needed!
LOL!! I might need a helmet when my wife kicks my butt!

Finally had a chance to take my Evol Mini outside today.

D859E423-62A7-4D0B-9190-E1A2325FFB0B.jpeg

Beautiful and calm weather.

I’m getting 42 shots at 843 fps with AA 18,1gr pellets, extreme spread at 12 fps, from a full 4000 psi fill. 44 shots (4 magazines) and the ES opens to 22 fps, as the last two shots are clearly below reg pressure. Very happy with these numbers and I have no desire to open it up and mess with it. 😊

How about accuracy?

3897E2B0-EFF4-461F-B065-E0F3EAAFB615.jpeg

As long as I do my job groups looks like this. 11 shots at 55 yards.

Am I happy? Heck yes!

I have an Element Nexus on it for now. It’s a nice scope, perfect mag range for my use and I love the turrets and controls on it. But it’s quite big on the little Mini. Been offered a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 at a great price, only thing that’s holding me back is the minimum parallax setting of 45 yards..

EF08A661-84FC-431E-A4F2-3BA4B33273C9.jpeg

Finally had a chance to take my Evol Mini outside today.

View attachment 368231

Beautiful and calm weather.

I’m getting 42 shots at 843 fps with AA 18,1gr pellets, extreme spread at 12 fps, from a full 4000 psi fill. 44 shots (4 magazines) and the ES opens to 22 fps, as the last two shots are clearly below reg pressure. Very happy with these numbers and I have no desire to open it up and mess with it. 😊

How about accuracy?

View attachment 368234

As long as I do my job groups looks like this. 11 shots at 55 yards.

Am I happy? Heck yes!

I have an Element Nexus on it for now. It’s a nice scope, perfect mag range for my use and I love the turrets and controls on it. But it’s quite big on the little Mini. Been offered a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 at a great price, only thing that’s holding me back is the minimum parallax setting of 45 yards..

View attachment 368229
Beautiful setup man and great shooting!!! , what bipod is that? I am always interested in new gear. My mini has a helix 4-16x44 and i find it to be perfectly sized, when its time for an upgrade I will be going with a march 2.5-24 as its shorter and actually 2.5 ounces lighter . However thats a long ways off. Love seeing everyone enjoying their evols! theyre amazing!