• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

American Air Arms All Things EVOL

What are distinguishing features between first run evols and the later produced models?

I have seen evols with burst disc visible and then mine is not.

View attachment 358125

View attachment 358126
They are Evolving. The first version had a shorter front picatinny rail, flush with the barrel lug. The later version has an extended picatinny rail over the barrel, with burst disk on the side. The latest version has the extended picatinny rail and American Air Arms logo by the barrel lug, with the burst disk underneath the chassis. The latest are now offered with M-LOK chassis for coupling attachments.

Screenshot_20230521-115935~2.png
Screenshot_20230521-120349~2.png

Screenshot_20230521-123116~2.png

Reactions: Elbowgrease
Ok , I will message Tom, very frustrating lol 😆 but that's cuz I don't wanna shoot with it like that.
I also have a mag that has the same issue. I may also hit up Tom but just to prevent bombarding him with messages could you possibly hook us up with the solution here? If anything it would grow this thread to be even more useful. As it already has proven to be so.

They are Evolving. The first version had a shorter front picatinny rail, flush with the barrel lug. The later version has an extended picatinny rail over the barrel, with burst disk on the side. The latest version has the extended picatinny rail and American Air Arms logo by the barrel lug, with the burst disk underneath the chassis. The latest are now offered with M-LOK chassis for coupling attachments.

View attachment 358189View attachment 358190
View attachment 358197
Just checked mine. Mini, Magnon, and HPS are all later versions. From what I understand the air stripper is actually different on the later models as well. This is what I was told from Kip down at AoA. I personally am running DonnyFLs on all of mine. Im really curious how much the effect the performance compared to the stripper that comes with the EvoLs. The Donnys seem to work well and it brings the bark down a good amount compared to having the stock air stripper.

Just checked mine. Mini, Magnon, and HPS are all later versions. From what I understand the air stripper is actually different on the later models as well. This is what I was told from Kip down at AoA. I personally am running DonnyFLs on all of mine. Im really curious how much the effect the performance compared to the stripper that comes with the EvoLs. The Donnys seem to work well and it brings the bark down a good amount compared to having the stock air stripper.
Seems I read that the earliest versions of the Evol moderator were the same metal machined cone stripper versions like the Slayer has. Then I read the newer version was designed by STO, but possibly only in the .22 version. So who knows... They all work well for their intended purpose. With the newer stripper, my .30 changes tone noticably when I am running different weight slugs versus the amount of air I am waisting for speed and power with very little change in POI. It gets pretty quiet with pellets and turned down.

I also have a mag that has the same issue. I may also hit up Tom but just to prevent bombarding him with messages could you possibly hook us up with the solution here? If anything it would grow this thread to be even more useful. As it already has proven to be so.
@Elbowgrease @CTairgunner1288 I also think it’s good to have some CARM magazines on hand. These 3D printed mags aren’t made nearly to the quality standards of the AAA Evol mags, BUT they work. In my experience, in certain situations they are a better alternative than the factory mags (one being using CARM Evol .30 mags coupled with the factory mount that comes with the Pard NV008s as seen in this thread https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/sighting-in-a-pard-nv008s-lrf-on-an-evol-30.1287933/). Another drawback is that the CARM mags for the Evol .30 hold one less pellet than the factory mag. They’re faster to load too. I’ve had a couple for probably around a year an haven’t had any issues with them. If I had have known they worked this well I’d have bought four instead of two. I don’t know if their prices can currently be beaten. I also don’t know how one would repair a CARM mag if something were to go wrong with it. They come from Eastern Europe and mine took about three weeks to arrive to Texas.

Some will tell you that one is better than the other. I say, you be the judge of that. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with using either or both types of magazines so long as they work for you and your Evol.

CARM Evol magazines (out of Croatia)

AAA Evol (factory) magazines made in the USA https://americanairarms.com/product/evol-magazine/

Last edited:
Absolutely ! As soon as I get the reply!

Well, horrible day for testing, 8mph steady with 15 to 17mph gusts , my lanes are home are wind tunnels in a small valley.

The two reign energy drinks today didn't help (God those are addicting) and then, the probe oring blew in the middle of the h&n tests.

Anyways, it really didn't like the hn anyway, but it did shoot the 11.75 gto, 15.89 hades, and 18.13 fx very well on the same exact tune.

I always forgot how much wind can play a role in shot placement with such light projectiles .

Oh last pic is a pic of the f550 frame I just got done priming moments before heading down to my range.

20230521_171752.jpg

20230521_171809.jpg

20230521_171805.jpg

20230521_171757.jpg

20230521_171814.jpg

Screenshot_20230521_164213_FX Radar.jpg

Screenshot_20230521_164204_FX Radar.jpg

Screenshot_20230521_165540_FX Radar.jpg

Screenshot_20230521_165601_FX Radar.png

Screenshot_20230521_170658_FX Radar.jpg

Screenshot_20230521_170650_FX Radar.jpg

Screenshot_20230521_171644_FX Radar.png

Screenshot_20230521_171637_FX Radar.jpg

20230521_153927.jpg

I wish we had a part number list for the orings, Captain Oring has a slayer kit but no evol kit and Id like to have a few of each on hand, looks like I am gunna go oring hunting.
AAA website has all the info. There's also a PDF o-ring chart you can print out towards the bottom to match up the sizes to scale. Click on the link below.

SmartSelect_20221129_080813_Samsung Notes.jpg

I ran them all over google , maybe im a dumbass but those numbers on the breakdown don't jive with anything I have searched.
That ID chart is more for matching the o rings up by eyeball.

If you examine the detailed schematics of the sub assemblies on the AAA site, all the o rings are called out by size.

O-rings on the left side are are standard Dash Numbers so you can use the middle set of numbers and material to identify. O-rings on the right side are metric. There are no real standards in metric o-rings other than they are called out by their cross section, inner diameter and material.

1684765525697.png

Last edited:
Thanks you for the info Tom, very helpful!

Spent some time with my 15" .22 this AM.
Basically just verifying everything in anticipation of an N50 match this coming weekend.
20230522_090538.jpg

20230522_090554.jpg

Wind was light and variable at 3-5 mph, and I was twitching about like a palsied meth head.
I was OK with it at 50 yards, but the wind on Saturday will likely foil all of my plans......
20230522_091805.jpg

10 record shots that would have scored 10s an an official target maybe.

Nice shooting!

I still have to get some testing done with the different mods that I have. I know the stock mod is great, but we always have to tweak and tune something!

Have been shooting some of the light weight slugs through the gun and it seems to be doing ok. Though honestly right now the way the pellet are shooting, there is nothing to complain about.