• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

American Air Arms All Things EVOL

My EVOL doesn’t have a burst disc thank god.
Yes it does. They all do. It’s just under the stock instead of on the side.

Also, the burst disc seal doesn’t squash. It’s solid brass, and not only seals to the bottom of the well, but also seals against the burst disc behind it. That picture looks just fine.

Reactions: woogie_man
I’m confused.
Given the multitude of answers you are getting to fix the leaking problem, no doubt it can be. Keep in mind, what might look ok by one's standards may not be ok by another's. You decide what you want to do with the advice given based on your standards and skills.

Myself, before jamming that new and different style of burst disk into that hole and possibly making a different perminant groove in the aluminum (because the parts are obviously of different angles and sealing surfaces), I'd try fixing the issue of what started making it leak. Correcting the condition of bottom of that hole and also the original burst disk sealing surfaces should fix the issue, providing that the disks themselves aren't what's leaking. Also, it may save a bigger headache by simply buying the original off-the-shelf burst disk set-up instead of installing a generic one (that didn't seal when first installed).

The original should work with a little care taken. There's a whole bunch of us who have loosened and tightened them multiple times and not had an issue once cleaned and reinstalled.

Given the multitude of answers you are getting to fix the leaking problem, no doubt it can be. Keep in mind, what might look ok by one's standards may not be ok by another's. You decide what you want to do with the advice given based on your standards and skills.

Myself, before jamming that new and different style of burst disk into that hole and possibly making a different perminant groove in the aluminum (because the parts are obviously of different angles and sealing surfaces), I'd try fixing the issue of what started making it leak. Correcting the condition of bottom of that hole and also the original burst disk sealing surfaces should fix the issue, providing that the disks themselves aren't what's leaking. Also, it may save a bigger headache by simply buying the original off-the-shelf burst disk set-up instead of installing a generic one (that obviously didn't work).
@Airgun-hobbyist I would liked to have bought a replacement of the original because of they’re black like the gun and they’re what was already being used. I have no idea where to get them or who makes them.

@Airgun-hobbyist I would liked to have bought a replacement of the original because of they’re black like the gun and they’re what was already being used. I have no idea where to get them or who makes them.
Call Airguns of Arizona 480-461-1113 tomorrow morning and see if they are able to send you a replacement. They are really good folks there and also sell and work on the AAA Evol's when needed.

Yes it does. They all do. It’s just under the stock instead of on the side.

Also, the burst disc seal doesn’t squash. It’s solid brass, and not only seals to the bottom of the well, but also seals against the burst disc behind it. That picture looks just fine.
My gun doesn’t have a stock. It has a grip and a buffer tube. Is it under the aluminum housing that covers the gauge?

My gun doesn’t have a stock. It has a grip and a buffer tube. Is it under the aluminum housing that covers the gauge?
Under your chassis I believe in front of the trigger groups you will have them. The first Evols were exposed on the side. Newer ones hidden under the chassis. Due to keeping things more streamlined to have both chassis and wood stocked guns.

Reactions: Vetmx
Here’s the response I received from American Air Arms in a different forum.
IMG_3533.jpeg

You sure about that? Have you ever removed the lower?

The newer ones have the burst disk under the lower, right behind the manometer for the reg gauge.
Was already informed in post #488. I still haven’t looked but I trust that’s where they are. I bought this gun to see if I can own a gun that I don’t play with or try to reinvent it. So far so good. I did take it with me to my tree stand the other day to pop squirrel when the deer are all napping. It’s just a little too loud compared to my Leshiy. So I might have to figure out something there. For normal shooting, its sound level is fine. I just need it a little more quiet for this one purpose.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
@Vetmx i affixed a DFL Sumo to my .30 and it tames the bark considerably compared to the stock Evol moderator. I like to make sure that my shots look good on paper before affixing different moderators and hunting. If there are any POI shifts causing me to use holds, good to find out ahead of time. I mentioned this because Dana had informed me them at the stock moderator works in conjunction with the shroud system. I don’t remember the rest of his explanation other than the fact that he said that the adapter necessary to affix the Sumo interferes with the stock system. I hadn’t chronographed shots with the DFL Sumo to compare to data recorded using the stock moderator to see if I notice a loss in fps. I don’t want to go too far in a tangent here, but wanted to reiterate what was told to me. If I can find that thread later, I’ll edit this list and link it. As far as sound goes, the DFL is quieter on my .30. Maybe a DFL Tanto (or something comprable) would help tame the bark on your Evol Mini 22.

Yes, I did take a peek at the method to his madness when I unscrewed the mod off this gun. To keep the gun as compact as possible, there is no shroud volume after the barrel ends. So he designed the guts of the mod to continue bleeding off air. Very intelligent approach. What’s very interesting about the sound of our guns is my guns sound one way at home shooting in my yard. When you get to the woods where the acoustics are different, a gun can sound different.

I put a Huggett Snipe on my 15" .22 EVOL and it did reduce the bark considerably. Unfortunately it did add the length and that makes it a bit harder to trek through the woods. I take it off and replace it with the normal moderator for target shooting and plinking as it is quiet enough, but for pesting at 50 yards and under it can scare the game away! I don't get POI shifts with either.

Anyone own or shot Tom’s latest iteration of the evol HPS with the balanced valve easily adjustable hammer spring, valve dwell and external Regulator? Hopefully these features will really bring this gun into the forefront where it belongs. American made, accurate and “bulletproof” pun intended
Neil George @One-Shot has one.

Reactions: pan60
I pulled my EVOL 30 out today after it's been sitting in my closet since May. I noticed this knocking sound coming from what sounds like the lower. Any idea on what this is?

Thats just the hammer spring im sure, cock the rifle then do that while cocked it likely won't make any noise.

The hammer springs are "free floating"