• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

American Air Arms All Things EVOL

Got my mini tuned this morning after messing with it and finding out my chrono was trash. Anyways I was way off and knew it based on my holdovers. I thought I counted correctly but must have been 1 turn off. My reg came around 2250-2300psi based on where Derrick set it when it was his. He was shooting 18gr at 880fps then. I shoot 16gr and at this setting mine maxes at 937fps at this reg setting. Dropped it 30fps for a 97% of max tune where I like them. I still might go through the gun and drop reg pressure to around 2000-2100 and go with 880fps instead of the 905ish where I'm at. Very happy with it though back in action! Last shot fell off reg.

Screenshot_20230621_062446_FX Radar.jpg

Reactions: woogie_man
Finally my turn to join the AAA club! 😁

Been wanting an Evol since 2016.

Ordered and paid for the gun a couple of months ago, but shipping to me here in Norway was a real pita so it did not arrive until today.

Latest version Evol Mini .22. Came with a very nice bag - but I already had a backpack and some upgrades waiting for it. 😅 First 11 shots over the chrono looks very promising (JSB 18,1gr).
View attachment 366070View attachment 366071
View attachment 366072View attachment 366073View attachment 366074View attachment 366075View attachment 366076
Navnesen

What folding hinge do you have on that MDT Stock? Does it lock up tight or do you feel any play?

-PJ

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
What are yalls Mini regs set at and tunes? Just for a base line for me if I do open it up to know how much to drop pressure by.

... my mini is set at 1650ish , I'm shooting hades at 865 and 18.13 at 815 - 820

Just took her out today to test some new to me gear

20230621_170632.jpg

Reactions: Peete and Dairyboy
Can some tell me if the AAA Evol .30 has side play in the 1913 rail mounted under airtube .? JUst trying to get my ducks in a row before I get one.
Also I see shot count seems 36 for 44's. What about 875-910 for 50.15 or 56 ZAN on shot count ?
Joe
What do you mean by side play? If you mean like has movement no its rock solid attached at the block and the front of the airtube

measure the total length of your adapter combined with the mdt carbine stock lite you have mounted there?
The stock is 325mm long with the adapter and LOP inserts. You can get make it 25mm shorter by removing the inserts. The adapter by itself adds 43mm length.

Navnesen

What folding hinge do you have on that MDT Stock? Does it lock up tight or do you feel any play?

-PJ
It’s a MDT 2-way locking adapter, fixed to carbine interface. Absolutely rock solid with zero play.

• Love
The stock is 325mm long with the adapter and LOP inserts. You can get make it 25mm shorter by removing the inserts. The adapter by itself adds 43mm length.

It’s a MDT 2-way locking adapter, fixed to carbine interface. Absolutely rock solid with zero play.
Thanks a bunch for doing that man, greatly appreciated.

How are you liking that masterpiece of a rifle so far?

Reactions: Navnesen
Not had any chance to take it outside yet, just some shooting over the chrony indoors.

Beautifully built and excellent feel. So far I like it a lot!

Quick question: is the hammer spring assembly supposed to be free floating? I can hear it rattle around when I shake the gun when it’s not loaded.

Also I wish the cocking lever had a more distinct lock up when pulled back.

Not had any chance to take it outside yet, just some shooting over the chrony indoors.

Beautifully built and excellent feel. So far I like it a lot!

Quick question: is the hammer spring assembly supposed to be free floating? I can hear it rattle around when I shake the gun when it’s not loaded.

Also I wish the cocking lever had a more distinct lock up when pulled back.
Yes, both my HPS and Mini do that when the rifle is not cocked. Not the biggest fan of that but when hunting or pesting which these are built for, the rifle should be cocked and loaded so I just looked past it ya know?

Reactions: Navnesen
So tore the Mini down tonight after having it for over a year. Decided to clean it real good, relube orings and drop reg pressure alittle. Very easy to do and is comical just working on it how small and short the darn thing is.

While at it I decided to slug my barrel which it slugged at .213/.2169. Damn thing looks like a mirror also. It has no loose spots and is just smooth start to finish. Reg I dropped to around 1900psi and that was just too low at first. My max was 877 and I wanted to tune it to that. So back in and it's now sitting at 2000psi maybe 2050psi. Which interesting my max fps i got at 2250psi was 937fps, at 2050psi was 926fps. Find that interesting but oh well not gonna stress. I changed the probe oring which hadn't been done for a year and do wonder if I was losing alittle air there making my max at 2250psi lower than it could have been. Got it tuned to 885fps and look forward to checking accuracy tomorrow. 220bar fill I got 22 shots to reg set point. Will fill my bottle early before work to get a full 4000psi fill and see what I get exactly. Assuming 30+ should be no issue. Would be happy if I could get 3 mags worth.

Will say this, if Tom would make the Evol into a bullpup like the slayers I'd probably own a 15" barrel version. While my mini was out of the chassis I held it up like how a bullpup would fit and man it would be a short sucker!

So tore the Mini down tonight after having it for over a year. Decided to clean it real good, relube orings and drop reg pressure alittle. Very easy to do and is comical just working on it how small and short the darn thing is.

While at it I decided to slug my barrel which it slugged at .213/.2169. Damn thing looks like a mirror also. It has no loose spots and is just smooth start to finish. Reg I dropped to around 1900psi and that was just too low at first. My max was 877 and I wanted to tune it to that. So back in and it's now sitting at 2000psi maybe 2050psi. Which interesting my max fps i got at 2250psi was 937fps, at 2050psi was 926fps. Find that interesting but oh well not gonna stress. I changed the probe oring which hadn't been done for a year and do wonder if I was losing alittle air there making my max at 2250psi lower than it could have been. Got it tuned to 885fps and look forward to checking accuracy tomorrow. 220bar fill I got 22 shots to reg set point. Will fill my bottle early before work to get a full 4000psi fill and see what I get exactly. Assuming 30+ should be no issue. Would be happy if I could get 3 mags worth.

Will say this, if Tom would make the Evol into a bullpup like the slayers I'd probably own a 15" barrel version. While my mini was out of the chassis I held it up like how a bullpup would fit and man it would be a short sucker!
Great info. Are you thinking of trying out slugs? Or just seeing the actual size of the barrel?

I did notice this about both my Evol barrels, I do not think you can polish them any further!

Let us know on the accuracy, my Mini reg is set to 1650 and I am shooting 15.89 at 865-870ish fps.

Great info. Are you thinking of trying out slugs? Or just seeing the actual size of the barrel?
I've tried a few slugs that did ok but I wanted to see the actual size mainly. Now I know where to go if I do want to pursue more slugs. But it's such a good pellet shooter and I don't shoot much over 80yds regularly anymore that don't really need to use slugs.

I did notice this about both my Evol barrels, I do not think you can polish them any further!

Let us know on the accuracy, my Mini reg is set to 1650 and I am shooting 15.89 at 865-870ish fps.
Will do. I mean I did have it set here previously just with the high reg pressure but did very well. I do kick myself for not changing the probe oring right away as my first reg setting of 1900psi might have been just right for my 880 tune. But oh well.

Will do. I mean I did have it set here previously just with the high reg pressure but did very well. I do kick myself for not changing the probe oring right away as my first reg setting of 1900psi might have been just right for my 880 tune. But oh well.
I am tempted to try some 17.5 nsa though after taking 18.13s out to 90 yards at 815fps

Reactions: madeintheuk