All The Inside Scoop On The Benjamin Marauder Semi Auto!!!

Here's the first of a three-part series on the new Semi Auto Marauder. I went to the Crosman plant and met with the guys leading the project - Phillip Guadalupe and John Solpietro. The result is a lot of detail on this exciting new model - in fact, about 3,500 words of it in total. Here's some key takeaways...

The new design works very well. I emptied a 10-round magazine in just 2.1 seconds :)

The Semi Auto shoots at a faster FPS than regular bolt-action Marauders and accuracy is the same. I'm guessing the Street Price will be $699.99.

Although the Semi Auto looks like the regular Gen 2 Marauder, inside it's very different. There's a TON of new parts.

It looks like they're on course to ship this baby in June 2020.

In Part One, we have an overview of the product, pricing and comparison to existing Marauder models.

Part Two will cover performance, design and engineering in detail.

Part Three have more details on testing, safe handling the semi auto action and a summary.

All three parts will publish in Hard Air Magazine this week. I hope you will enjoy them!

Stephen Archer

Hard Air Magazine

Here's Part Two of the story...

There's details of the removable magazine - slightly different to the current version - and the action. It's operated by using hammer bounce and blowback. As you can see, I emptied a 10-shot magazine in 2.1 seconds and the FPS was constant. Very good!

The shroud is the same as a bolt-action Marauder. No change to the report, so far as I could tell.

Stephen Archer

Hard Air Magazine