Tuning All required upgrades done Impact M3

20220217_162910.1645105903.jpg

Finally did all the upgrades including modifying hammer weight, valve adjuster converted to mk2 system, peek tapered disc inserted in plenum cavity, replaced PU90 O ring in plenum cavity with NBR90 O ring, removed lower leg of valve housing, enlarged regulator piston hole, installed lighter trigger spring and lighter ball detent spring, a bit softer valve spring.

Will check the first shot variation after 24 hours.

My RAW is behaving fine with NBR90 O ring.

With .25 34 grain jsb mk2 pellets at 935 fps, it is giving 1" group at 95 yards.

Bhaur

Finally did all the upgrades including modifying hammer weight, valve adjuster converted to mk2 system, peek tapered disc inserted in plenum cavity, replaced PU90 O ring in plenum cavity with NBR90 O ring, removed lower leg of valve housing, enlarged regulator piston hole, installed lighter trigger spring and lighter ball detent spring, a bit softer valve spring.

With .25 34 grain jsb mk2 pellets at 935 fps, it is giving 1" group at 95 yards.

Bhaur

Bhaur, Did you mean Impact?

Regardless - Great Work!!!

Bhaur

Bhaur, Did you mean Impact?

Regardless - Great Work!!!

My RAW has been modified and a similar O ring extrusion issue was in it as well. That has been cured by using tight peek bushing, replacing PU 90 O ring with NBR90 O ring, increasing hammer hit and controlling fps with modified valve travel adjuster.

Now was the time of Impact so I did it completely now.

Bhaur

Okay I am NOT trying to trash talk. However, why should you have to be immediately swapping out o-rings etc on a $2200 rifle, stock?!

Please just familiarize with this thread: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-impact-mk2-slower-first-shot-no-reg-creep/

@mubhaur, what did you do to the hammer weight?

As of the peek washer I guess you removed delrin one from your hammer and inserted a peek one, right?

Yes Seeker, I increased the hammer weight by 3 grams and put peek in hammer instead of delrin.

After three days of sitting idle, my 1st shot was at 916 fps and the 2nd shot was spot on at 933 fps.

Further there is no drop in fps if I put away the gun for just a few hours.

This is acceptable to me as this neither affects hunting nor target shooting. 

Bhaur

Mubhaur- I bet you could take that entire gun apart in less than 7 minutes!! It’s probably a good feeling knowing you’ve completed your goals, and along the way shared all your findings and solutions with everyone. Thank you for that.

My question to you for today is about the material you have wrapped on your scope’s body underneath the scope rings and anti cant level. What is that? From what I see and because thinnest is best I’m going to guess Teflon tape wrap?