• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman All New Regulated Crosman PCP

Well let's be honest with respect to money spent for what we get, pretty much every airgun under 180fpe is a race to the bottom as long as a 22lr exists. 9mm pistol will outperform the majority of big bore air rifles. I just can't justify the time tinkering and fiddling anymore.
I dont know if I would quite go that far. Most people I shoot with don't shoot supersonic 22lr and stick mainly to subs (100fpe) for the obvious reasons. Also given the price points, you aren't getting sub moa at 100+ (or even 50yds) consistently from a 22lr without putting a pretty substantial amount of money into them. Airguns have the ability to be much more consistent at a much lower ammo cost. The main benefit to 22lr is its self contained. Load boolit and shoot. No air to fuss with.

Well let's be honest with respect to money spent for what we get, pretty much every airgun under 180fpe is a race to the bottom as long as a 22lr exists. 9mm pistol will outperform the majority of big bore air rifles. I just can't justify the time tinkering and fiddling anymore.

Not exactly what I was saying, but yes I understand. I look at an FX Impact and then I look at a Volquatsen and frankly, I would rather the Volquartsen. But I love my modified Marauders and would be interested in the subject of this thread and I will be purchasing the new 3622. What I am saying is that unlike the majority of consumers, very few of which hang out on enthusiast forums, I am willing to pay more to get more. More being a rifle that shoots straight, all metal construction and importantly, made some where other than China or Turkey. Where that cross over point is between more for an air rifle or more for a .22LR custom PB rifle is hard to pin down day to day.

I dont know if I would quite go that far. Most people I shoot with don't shoot supersonic 22lr and stick mainly to subs (100fpe) for the obvious reasons. Also given the price points, you aren't getting sub moa at 100+ (or even 50yds) consistently from a 22lr without putting a pretty substantial amount of money into them. Airguns have the ability to be much more consistent at a much lower ammo cost. The main benefit to 22lr is its self contained. Load boolit and shoot. No air to fuss with.
I hear you. I do shoot 1435fps 22 and it's pretty damn accurate imo. I do like having the option of subsonic too. The main draw of airguns to me is that I can shoot inside when I'm bored. I just hit a breaking point on that Icon this a.m. and I'm feeling a little bitter towards the time spent on attempting to make a budget platform better. I can't say that I actually have any $ into airguns at all when it comes down to it but if I spend the ~$1500 on a higher tier gun I would probably never recoup that. If I spend that and end up having to tinker I'll be pissed. I have motorcycles to work on instead and the return is far better. Last week I was considering the Gauntlet SL30 but it's not gonna happen now because I see that I would just be tinkering again. Yes I am definitely favoring just load and shoot at the moment. I dont think any airgun will surpass the lack of messing around to keep it shooting well at all times.

Anyway back to the Prospect I guess. I still think it's a step in the right direction for Crosman, if it shoots well out of the box. If not, it's a waste in my book.

Last edited:
I hear you. I do shoot 1435fps 22 and it's pretty damn accurate imo. I do like having the option of subsonic too. The main draw of airguns to me is that I can shoot inside when I'm bored. I just hit a breaking point on that Icon this a.m. and I'm feeling a little bitter towards the time spent on attempting to make a budget platform better. I can't say that I actually have any $ into airguns at all when it comes down to it but if I spend the ~$1500 on a higher tier gun I would probably never recoup that. Last week I was considering the Gauntlet SL30 but it's not gonna happen now because I see that I would just be tinkering again. Yes I am definitely favoring just load and shoot at the moment. I dont think any airgun will surpass the lack of messing around to keep it shooting well at all times.

Any back to the Prospect I guess. I still think it's a step in the right direction for Crosman, if it shoots well out of the box. If not, it's a waste in my book.
Sounds like we're kind of in the same boat in all honesty. I'm much more inclined to spend money on a nice springer than I am a PCP mostly because my home range is only 60yds. I like not having to worry about air and a good springer does very well at that range. I am STARTING to get back into the PCP realm but justifying some of the costs is difficult when I know my rimfires can do basically the same thing but easier.

Sounds like we're kind of in the same boat in all honesty. I'm much more inclined to spend money on a nice springer than I am a PCP mostly because my home range is only 60yds. I like not having to worry about air and a good springer does very well at that range. I am STARTING to get back into the PCP realm but justifying some of the costs is difficult when I know my rimfires can do basically the same thing but easier.
If anything right now since I've decided against the SL30 I'll be making the order for a Fenix 400. I just can't decide which trim level I want. It's been on my list for too long. I'm definitely not the guy that will spend $6-700 or more on a springer so the Cometa seems right for me. The Mrod takes care of the rest of my airgun needs for now.

Another note on the Prospect to keep at least 2 tires of this truck on the road. It does fill to 3600psi so should be a decent amount of shots regulated. Not sure why the Icon isn't rated at 3600 when other guns that use the exact same tube are.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I just don't get it,...Crosman makes no sense to me.

They have a great platform with the BullDog, all they need to do is make .30 .25 and .22 or even .17 cal versions both as Pups and regular rifles.

The dog has a good magazine system compared to the rest of Crosman guns.

Bu no they come out with a weak little gun that cannot compete in the market.

Reactions: jpmustblaze
If anything right now since I've decided against the SL30 I'll be making the order for a Fenix 400. I just can't decide which trim level I want. It's been on my list for too long. I'm definitely not the guy that will spend $6-700 or more on a springer so the Cometa seems right for me. The Mrod takes care of the rest of my airgun needs for now.

Another note on the Prospect to keep at least 2 tires of this truck on the road. It does fill to 3600psi so should be a decent amount of shots regulated. Not sure why the Icon isn't rated at 3600 when other guns that use the exact same tube are.

If the ICON is unregulated that would be why...most unregulated guns can't produce great bell curves with higher fill pressures.

-Matt

Reactions: 3Crows and GenXer
What else don't you like about it?
Honestly, I will spell it out for you, I don't really care about it. I only care about the Marauder, more so, it seems, than Benjamin does. I am actually going to go silent on the subject for a while, it's getting as old as the Marauders design, and it's hard of hearing.

Honestly, I will spell it out for you, I don't really care about it. I only care about the Marauder, more so, it seems, than Benjamin does. I am actually going to go silent on the subject for a while, it's getting as old as the Marauders design, and it's hard of hearing.
My LW Marauder

20240216_183338.jpg

The stock is fine but it could use a bit of a redesign. They went a bit too "form over function" I think. The only part I really don't like though is this:View attachment 435988
I personally would prefer something more filled in there to act as a bag rider for more stabile bench shooting. Basically something like this:View attachment 435989
I'm not a fan of the way most PCP rifles look, I think the Barra 250Z is the best looking PCP to date. Have you seen it yet?

You know, good priced entry level PCP’s should be the greatest thing ever. That market should be huge. But who in the hell is designing some of these stocks? George Miller? It’s like there’s a competition for who can make the weirdest looking conventional rifle. In case you‘re wondering, George Miller directed the Mad Max movies.
I would love some of the fury road vehicles though. Especially the monster truck one, or the one with the guitar dude strapped to the front. That'd make rush hour a lot more entertaining.

I noticed this same new offering on Crosman's website (was looking for the part# of a .177 LW Marauder barrel, came up snake eyes) and the first thing I noticed after being turned off by the stock shape was IT'S A SIDELEVER - I'm aware the Challenger is a sidelever, but sometimes I think Crosman is completely TONE DEAF - how about offering that on a Marauder for crying out loud - wonder if that breech will bolt up on one lol?
Side lever ? Do tell 😁
EDIT: Even though the stock is funky, at least it's also regulated, and adjustable at that. And I would say to GenExer, not all of us turn our noses up at affordable airguns, in fact, some of us prefer them!
IMG_7260.jpeg

Reactions: rcarlisle