• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Crosman All New Regulated Crosman PCP

GenXer

Feb 9, 2024
Crosman Prospect. First I've heard or seen of this model.

cpp7rs_04.20240214140144.png

cpp7rs_01.20240214140129 (1).png

That has some pretty decent potential for a great starter FT rifle. Looking forward to seeing the reviews
Was almost hesitant to post because of the obvious disdain for Crosman and almost any budget minded PCP here but to heck with em. I like it. I see a dial on the side that leads me to assume it's externally adjustable too.

Was almost hesitant to post because of the obvious disdain for Crosman and almost any budget minded PCP here but to heck with em. I like it. I see a dial on the side that leads me to assume it's externally adjustable too.
The stock is fine but it could use a bit of a redesign. They went a bit too "form over function" I think. The only part I really don't like though is this:
20240215_220852.png

I personally would prefer something more filled in there to act as a bag rider for more stabile bench shooting. Basically something like this:
20240215_221014.png

I noticed this same new offering on Crosman's website (was looking for the part# of a .177 LW Marauder barrel, came up snake eyes) and the first thing I noticed after being turned off by the stock shape was IT'S A SIDELEVER - I'm aware the Challenger is a sidelever, but sometimes I think Crosman is completely TONE DEAF - how about offering that on a Marauder for crying out loud - wonder if that breech will bolt up on one lol?

EDIT: Even though the stock is funky, at least it's also regulated, and adjustable at that. And I would say to GenExer, not all of us turn our noses up at affordable airguns, in fact, some of us prefer them!

Last edited:
The stock is fine but it could use a bit of a redesign. They went a bit too "form over function" I think. The only part I really don't like though is this:View attachment 435988
I personally would prefer something more filled in there to act as a bag rider for more stabile bench shooting. Basically something like this:View attachment 435989
Could be done.
I noticed this same new offering on Crosman's website (was looking for the part# of a .177 LW Marauder barrel, came up snake eyes) and the first thing I noticed after being turned off by the stock shape was IT'S A SIDELEVER - I'm aware the Challenger is a sidelever, but sometimes I think Crosman is completely TONE DEAF - how about offering that on a Marauder for crying out loud - wonder if that breech will bolt up on one lol?
The tube appears to be in the Icon/1100z/Beeman Commander component family. It will likely have the big Philips screw under the mag. Not compatible with Marauder.

My biggest concern is whether the barrel is as worthless as the Icon. If it doesn't shoot lights out its not going to live up to what they are advertising in the description.

You know, good priced entry level PCP’s should be the greatest thing ever. That market should be huge. But who in the hell is designing some of these stocks? George Miller? It’s like there’s a competition for who can make the weirdest looking conventional rifle. In case you‘re wondering, George Miller directed the Mad Max movies.

The stock is the least of it. And having been around this website since it started, I get the sense that more love Crosman than not, for one reason or another. Watching FX upgrade every six months, for the past couple of years has brought home the point about Benjamin doing everything but what's been asked for, for a long time, which is to upgrade the Marauder. This gun is another example of that. At least it has a side lever.

I like the design.... I see a lot of potential for modding and customizing the stock..... 2 things though: first, how does it feel when you shoulder it? My top choice for ugly weird stock is the Gamo Arrow, but when you shoulder it, the ergonomics of it work.... 2nd, how cheap/flimsy/"toy like" is the construction of it? The aforementioned Arrow is the best syntetic stock Ive ever handled..... and one of the worst Ive ever handled was from my Maximus.... so Im not holding much hope that is decent

But now we wait till some one gets one and reports back.....

My biggest turn off? the US$369.99 MSRP on the Crosman site. Again not handled one, so I could be wrong......

(side note: I do not understand why companies dont hire one of the many talented and creative stockmakers to design something better looknig and functional than most of the current designs out there)

Last edited:
I think it is an interesting rifle. However, it also seems like Crosman goes out of their way to avoid updating the rifle that is really the product that should be updated, the Marauder.

The Gamo Arrow, like the Urban, I think, has a glass fiber reinforced stock, it is not just plastic. The Crosman products, at least the Synrod, while not a bad stock (I rather like it actually) is not fiber reinforced and as a result does not have that substantial feel when handled that the Gamo stocks have.

Reactions: GenXer
I think it is an interesting rifle. However, it also seems like Crosman goes out of their way to avoid updating the rifle that is really the product that should be updated, the Marauder.

The Gamo Arrow, like the Urban, I think, has a glass fiber reinforced stock, it is not just plastic. The Crosman products, at least the Synrod, while not a bad stock (I rather like it actually) is not fiber reinforced and as a result does not have that substantial feel when handled that the Gamo stocks have.
The Icon stocks are glass reinforced and much more stiff than the synrod stocks. I went from wood to the synrod stock to a modified Armada Semi Auto stock which is just a black Challenger stock without the "shoe" on my Mrod. This one could be glass reinforced I'm not sure.

I was kinda set on buying a Prospect when I saw it but currently disgusted with the time I've spent trying to make the Icon worth it (its not and never will be) so it's a no go at this point. After 4 years in this hobby I've got at least one foot over the line in agreeing with spending a decent amount on a "boutique" gun and staying away from anything that is intended for the general consumer market. I've probably made a profit on the builds I've sold thanks to the 2240 but I'll never get the time I've spent on cheap pcp platforms back. Pretty sure it's Taipan or bust for me at this juncture.

For the record, my LW Mrod has never had the internals out of it and it has been my most enjoyable PCP by far. Probably because I spend more time shooting it than trying to make it better.

Yeah, it is a race to the bottom. People get what they ask for or more accurately are willing to pay for.
Well let's be honest with respect to money spent for what we get, pretty much every airgun under 180fpe is a race to the bottom as long as a 22lr exists. 9mm pistol will outperform the majority of big bore air rifles. I just can't justify the time tinkering and fiddling anymore.