ALL NEW FX KING

Yessir lol. I originally got it as compact .22 mk2. Turned it into a 600mm .177, then 700mm .22, then it got a power block and 72cc plenum upgrade. Now, it's a .30 cal with the superior liner and the tensioned barrel kit. Shooting 49gr zans between 937 and 950 fps. It will shoot 54gr H&N at 890fps and both are tack drivers.

Reactions: BABz58
That's what I want. I'm trying to sell my impacy so I can get a vulcan 3 in .30. My impact is set up as a .30 with the 700mm barrel and it shoots phenominally. My issue is I can't help change barrels and tunes every couple of weeks, and I need something that is simply going to ground me 😂
I've never owned an impact but I have friends that do and they are always chasing POI changes and I don't want a gun I have to shoot to verify every time before I go calling

I've never owned an impact but I have friends that do and they are always chasing POI changes and I don't want a gun I have to shoot to verify every time before I go calling
I actually don't have that problem. I only had the problem when I put a huma tensioner kit on it. I took it off and POI shift issue was gone.
I think Derrick said the gun he tuned was shooting g the 62.5 AVS slugs averaged 915fps.
Yeah that's pretty hot for a .30.

I actually don't have that problem. I only had the problem when I put a huma tensioner kit on it. I took it off and POI shift issue was gone.

Yeah that's pretty hot for a .30.
That's great because my buddies do with a 600mm pellet liners in 25 and 22.

It's hot but 3/8" 5shot groups at 50. I'll take it. The dynamic might be a possibility in the 600mm barrel. Too many choices not enough money lol

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
That's great because my buddies do with a 600mm pellet liners in 25 and 22.

It's hot but 3/8" 5shot groups at 50. I'll take it. The dynamic might be a possibility in the 600mm barrel. Too many choices not enough money lol
You're telling me. I wamted a vulcan 3 in .177 but have read too many sadening posts about not producing a lot of power. So I may get a dynamic strictly for the .177 in 600mm. Apparently it has the 1:16 twist rate and can shoot 20gr slugs over 1000fps. Not that I wang that but just having the ability to is wicked.

Yeaht that's practically hole on hole groups, I'd love a .30 vulcan 3

You're telling me. I wamted a vulcan 3 in .177 but have read too many sadening posts about not producing a lot of power. So I may get a dynamic strictly for the .177 in 600mm. Apparently it has the 1:16 twist rate and can shoot 20gr slugs over 1000fps. Not that I wang that but just having the ability to is wicked.

Yeaht that's practically hole on hole groups, I'd love a .30 vulcan 3
I had a Vulcan 3 500mm in 177 for FT. It shot the 13.4 jsb lights out at 19.5fpe. I good 177 slug shooter would be great for squirrels.

I think Derrick said the gun he tuned was shooting g the 62.5 AVS slugs averaged 915fps.
Just a good barrel cleaning and my V3 .30 (700mm) shoots AVS 61 grain (Flat base) 306.3 diameter slugs in a ragged hole @ 66 yards. Really have to give that side-lever an extra "nudge" to load but power and accuracy is something else. WM

I had a Vulcan 3 500mm in 177 for FT. It shot the 13.4 jsb lights out at 19.5fpe. I good 177 slug shooter would be great for squirrels.
I've seen and heard what it can do, what blows me away is the insane shot count more than anything. My taipan vet 1 can do some slick shooting with pellets. Currently my at44 177 is my main slugger.

Concluded other than target work, just too much for neighborhood pesting. It's twin, the Uragan 2 .30 (700mm) does very well with JSB 44.75s, shedding power quicker, probably grab that first. The AVS slugs aren't cheap, $28 for 100, ZAN just came out with a .30 box of assorted slugs so might try. Will have to confess, not one second of buyer's remorse with either AGT purchase. WM

Concluded other than target work, just too much for neighborhood pesting. It's twin, the Uragan 2 .30 (700mm) does very well with JSB 44.75s, shedding power quicker, probably grab that first. The AVS slugs aren't cheap, $28 for 100, ZAN just came out with a .30 box of assorted slugs so might try. Will have to confess, not one second of buyer's remorse with either AGT purchase. WM
My Vulcan 3 700mm in 22 is awesome and I also love my cricket 30

Earlier this week someone said something about local slug makers in america being cheaper than the manufactured stuff outside of the USA. Even Varmint knockers are 100ct for under $20, but 100 for $28 is a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: WorriedMan
It's interesting. What's the intended purpose for this rifle? Crown replacement?
The crown is very much not being replaced. The King has many attributes that separates itself from the crown and many other FX models. Its differences from the crown are: the advanced plenum around the barrel, the valve is different, it's meant for power and efficiency. The King has a different hammer weight in each caliber and length to optimize the efficiency and power, thus making it ready to go right when it gets in your hands. It has a 30MOA pic rail, as well as the GRS stock to name a few of those differences.

Reactions: BABz58
The GRS stock is nice to look at but it doesn't work well for shooting on the bench due to the offset of the pistol grip. I had on on an Anschutz rimfire and replaced it with an MDT chassis. I still like my Crown MK2 with the 380 mm barrel. It's just the right length and is lightweight. Power? It has enough. The King is priced at $2400! Nah!

I actually think it’s one of the better designs and execution from Fx, it has the performance and broader appeal for the majority of shooters that want a more traditional style air rifle and hopefully correct some of the point of impact issues that has plagued the crown.
I believe Fx will probably offer a more basic stock and or the aftermarket will have many options!. I’m not even a Fx fan boy and believe this could be a well respected model in the future. ( of course I’m a little “different” and don’t think like most…) as far as price $2400 with that stock is still a better deal than say a RedWolf with a stock that is in the same league, not useful of the bench!

So how modular are these?

Let's say I got one of these and decide that the grs stock is not for me, but I am better suited to something like Panthera Hunter. Could I remove the grs stock, get a grip and a rear stock and swap it all out? Basically asking if the basic main body is the same and if I can do the opposite as well, like make a Panthera Hunter compact into a very unique Fx King (🤔.. Prince?) ???

Is the GRS stock available to install on a Panthera?
🤗

Allen

Reactions: ThirdPlace
Hi FX Team, why don't you finally make a balanced valve like the Epic Two and One model has, you have their video of what the valve looks like, it would be easier to adjust the valve closing force in your block. That way you would get more power, the hammer would be lighter, less force of cocking the hammer and less force on the trigger? Please explain to me if I'm wrong...Thanks