• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

All Manufacturers: Standardize where possible

It would be nice to see more manufacturers standardize where it makes sense.
  1. Fill Adapters. Do you really need your own fill probe? Will a quick connect work? Then use that. I get not all designs work with one but I think Daystate and FX have shown you can make them work with most designs. It's frustrating to have to keep multiple fill probes around when one quick connect will work. It's even more frustrating when you realize you gone out to shoot and left the fill probe at home.
  2. Thumb safeties. Is making a safety on the left hand side that your thumb can reach beyond your engineering? Again, not every design can accommodate it but most can. BSA seems to flip flop their safeties from the left to the right for no reason. Most of us are right handed so put the safety on the left where our thumb goes to it naturally. Again I'll highlight Daystate as having done this right. It's the most natural safety I've ever used. As a subnote, if you are going to put on a safety, make it reliable. Let's never again have the Airforce safety fiasco. Personally, I'd rather a gun have no safety rather than a poor, unreliable one. I've seen guns with safeties on the trigger. No one on the design team saw the problem with this?
  3. Use a common pellet for stating your FPS numbers. JSB's are universally regarded as the best pellets. While they may not be the best for a particular application, many people have them because they work great in one of the guns they own. Some manufacturers have started to do this and it's great to know what expectations should be. (Yeah, the cheaper guns all claim their gun will shoot a .177 at near light speed and it's a worthless marketing tactic designed to impress the airgun ignorant. These figures are meaningless to anyone with a modicum of knowledge. You are doing your customers a disservice when you don't disclose what pellet you use to test for stated speed .177 - 8.44gr .22 - 18.13gr .25 - 25.39gr Simple as can be.
  4. Rails - If you are going to build in a rail, make it the standard size. I've seen both airguns and powder burners release guns with Weaver like rails that weren't actually Weaver spec-ed rails. No one wants to make alterations to their new gun to make their attachment work on it.
    [/LIST=1]
    This is just what I can think of. I am sure some people will have more. 

1. I thought about it. As for filling probe I put with the gun it is made for thread of Hill pumps (most popular to my oppinion). So, making them for quick connector I will get the same complains from those who has Hill adapter with the thread, they will have to make a part to bread them. Most likely we will move to using quick connectors in the future.

2. As I am bullpup maker I am against the safty at all. The point is that the safty should be installed at the trigger area to use it comfortable. In this case only trigger is safed not the sear, that can lead to the accidental shot if the gun fells down, for example. To make the safty to safe the sear makes all the scheme difficult and unrealaible. So, I think the uncocking is the best safty for my guns and it takes almost the same time as using safty.

3. I even in manuals to my guns say about JSB pellets :)

4. Completely agree, I think de-facto weaver/piccatiny rail is standard, that is what I use for all my guns. 

Reactions: HauntedMyst
Ed'
I will state what others have already said. "thanks for being on this forum". It is great to know that you have an ear out for the users and are adjusting to the demands of the consumer. you are very wise to do so. Knowing that, you, the builder interact with your customers makes a huge statement.
PS- Don't forget us LEFTIES in your future Bullpup designs!