Theoben All in on .20

A summer or two ago I asked if .20 was dead. It generated a lot of interest from shooters, though nothing from ammo manufacturers…
Anyway, I stumbled upon a nice older R1 in .20 around Christmas and that’s become my main rifle. The Blue Ribbon scope is smaller than I’m used to, but the clarity has allowed for longer shots than I’m used to. Really happy.
Then the other day I finally got lucky with a good price on my bucket list rifle, a Crow Magnum in .20 so I have to say…guess I’m all in on .20 now!
Luckily the R1 came with 12 tins of H&N

Congrats man! My .20 Crow Mag is probably the most accurate break barrel that I own. Hope yours is the same!
Sqwirl
The every CM or Eliminator I ever owned was a dead nuts shooter.
It's unfortunate that these classics aren't given their due. It's always the negativity that is expressed. IMO
There's a downside to every rifle.
Btw...glad you're enjoying the CM. I'm sure Will misses it.

Sqwirl
It's unfortunate that these classics aren't given their due. It's always the negativity that is expressed. IMO
On an even realer note, any Theoben in general has impressed me more than its HW or Diana counterpart. Such fantastic guns. If I was rich I'd have them all in every caliber

By chance the Crow Magnum that was listed on Gunbroker? If so, it was a rifle I was watching just to see what it finally sold for.
.20 fan here myself and have a few. Nothing near as special as either the Crow Magnum or any of the Theoben's, although the ones I do have are very special to me.
Current count is 10, but I'm always looking :)

A summer or two ago I asked if .20 was dead. It generated a lot of interest from shooters, though nothing from ammo manufacturers…
Anyway, I stumbled upon a nice older R1 in .20 around Christmas and that’s become my main rifle. The Blue Ribbon scope is smaller than I’m used to, but the clarity has allowed for longer shots than I’m used to. Really happy.
Then the other day I finally got lucky with a good price on my bucket list rifle, a Crow Magnum in .20 so I have to say…guess I’m all in on .20 now!
Luckily the R1 came with 12 tins of H&N
ICongratulations!

I bought an Rl in .20 with a Blue Ribbon scope back the early ninties. That one was lost in house burglary. It would be pretty easily identified as there were only 50 made. I have no aspirations of rscovering it, but I would like to see that old gun again.

In the meantime I have an HW30s Deluxe that is a great little shooter, and a 97K on order.
Back when I bought the R1 I was going for the HW77, but was detoured into the R1 when Beeman introduced the Commemorative edition.
Now when it arrives, I'll finally have that underlever thats been bugging all these years.
I was motivated by crowski to get the job done!😃

By chance the Crow Magnum that was listed on Gunbroker? If so, it was a rifle I was watching just to see what it finally sold for.
.20 fan here myself and have a few. Nothing near as special as either the Crow Magnum or any of the Theoben's, although the ones I do have are very special to me.
Current count is 10, but I'm always looking :)
This was indeed! I’d tried to get one a week or two earlier but it was a .25 and for some reason I want the rifle in .20 more than in .25

Sqwirl
she has a good home.
A little Something to fill the space for Now.
HW80 20 cal MK1.
barrel shorten and Theoben vortex added to the end. Topped with a March 2.5x25 The internals are classified.
W.
EFE979C2-DE7C-4405-9E75-9B775A20777B.jpeg

Father always said "Gonna do something, don't do it half @ssed"...lol. Been that way with .20 cal owning now 10 and always looking.
Someday I'm hoping to be as lucky as the OP and add a CM, a Beeman RX or 2 and a Theoben or 2 to the current collection.
Looking forward to pics and a write up after getting it and some shooting time.

Reactions: .20calguy
It finally came yesterday! And of course it came late, as I was getting ready to leave for the day.
My first impression was a feeling of incredible quality. This is seriously underrated - the perfect form of the stock swells, the blueing, the solid hand fitted feel to it…I did not expect to be knocked out about it coming from Beeman/HW.
More to come, hoping to spend some time with it this weekend

I rebuilt an old R1 that a buddy sold me about 25 years ago. Found a .20 carbine barrel and shortened in to 11" and added a long moderator/handguard. It was a true tack-driver! Made about 18 ft-lbs. Wish I'd kept it. It absolutely loved Beeman .20 Crow Magnums! Recently found an HW .20 carbine bbl that I'll be using on an old EAA (Hw95). I won't be pushing it as hard as the R1, but looking forward to the project!