• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

All I Have To Say Is

IF the Skout is for real. IF it will shoot. IF it is durable.

DAYSTATE ELECTRONICS just became obsolete.

We haven't tested the gun. We don't know how much it costs.

Dont have specs . 1yr battery charge? WOW. 3 barrels. Great looking magazine.

Feature for feature,completely outclasses everything I've seen. IMHO.

I have to stop. Won't be able to sleep until I know more!

I wouldn't rule out daystate. If history shows us anything , it's that a veteran company like daystate , if being run competantly, will respond. Just as other manufacturers responded to FX. Now hopefully skout can push the envelop and produce that which they claim. I feel it will be a year until skout is humming with any wrinkles ironed out. Don't think daystate isn't watching.

Well they don't return emails so far.

More than a few times/more often than not/ I've seen the new and exciting "on paper and in advertising hype" to turn out to be waaaay disappointing in reality. 

It seems larger airgun manufacturers don't put the highest priority on getting all the bugs out before they release guns to the public. Oh boy, nothing I love more than being the recipient of expensive beta testing on my own dime.

But maybe we'll luck out.

Reactions: Dan25
Their technology sounds like it can be a game changer but the proof will be what their new gun really does in performance and adjustability. I think their key difference beyond Daystate and others the used some forms of electronics is that Skout is supposedly using their paintball electronic valve that is able to produce the same power but instead of needing 1800-2000 PSI they can get that with as low as around 900 PSI. That to me is the real potential of being able to utilize more of the air before recharging, having way more shot count, being able to use that efficiency to get big bore calibers to shoot more than a few good shots before refills.

BUT the thing nobody has brought up nor has it been mentioned, is that, will their technology allow users and tuners to infinitely adjust the gun? In our market there are a vast array of different pellets/slugs in every caliber not to mention individual owners use them for different desires and want to go back and forth between those uses of target/bench rest/small game hunting/larger game hunting/plinking/long range/etc. In paintball you do not have that variety of ammo and the use is really just indoor vs outdoor; we want a ton of tweaking due to the huge variety of ammo and ways it will be used.

Also can that electronic valve technology be easily replaced when it ever fails? It is kind of like high performance car ECU's once those became available by multiple brands it was used widely but if it is proprietary and no other option can be used, then that prevents wide adoption and relies on that one source to provide spare parts for service, etc. I think that technology will eventually be used wide spread but remember the "Benjamin Rogue" that was way ahead of it's time? Now we are willing to spend double the cost of what a Rogue sold for but only if it can deliver the performance, easily repaired/serviced, and has infinite tuning ability.

PS, Keyman the Skout Facebook I believe stated a potential sale price of around $2700 but to me that is a lot but would be worth it if what I said above is achieved.

All in the future. I was hot after the JSAR RAPTOR, to out class the impact @ 500 off. We all know how that petered out, more or less. If you watch you can see daystate flag ship has some chinks in her armor. Everything looks good when the company pushes it. We'll see!

$2700 is a lot of pellets from $3400.

Although this manufacturer is beyond trial & error. And should not be underfunded. Supply/ dealer in network should be a snap. So, if the product is as they claim, I have high hopes.

I think I heard one of their reps say it would be in that price range also, but if it comes with three barrels and performs well I don't think that's going to be an issue for some. I'm going to wait and see after it comes out. I think if the valves they are using with the lower pressures do what they claim it's got great potential for less harmonics issues.

Skout. AKA Smart Parts, SP Paintball, Luxe Paintball has been making high end electronic paintball guns since 2003ish. They do not produce 'junk' and they have a LOT of money.

They sponsor a lot of paintball teams, so if they get into the air gun market with competitive intentions, it would be a good group of guys to 'get in with' at the beginning. 

Reactions: EDventure
Skout. AKA Smart Parts, SP Paintball, Luxe Paintball has been making high end electronic paintball guns since 2003ish. They do not produce 'junk' and they have a LOT of money.

They sponsor a lot of paintball teams, so if they get into the air gun market with competitive intentions, it would be a good group of guys to 'get in with' at the beginning.

That sounds promising if their product has the performance, tuning adjustability, and availability of spare parts/service so that it can enable early adopters to feel safe.

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 3.40.51 AM.1645357401.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 3.41.48 AM.1645357485.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 3.42.59 AM.1645357490.jpg

I am certain availability and tunability will not be a problem. Performance will be top shelf. With Smart Parts (Skout) electronic technology I would not be surprised if the gun has different firing modes like their paintguns. IE 3 shot burst, fully automatic. response trigger, etc. The only thing I am curious about is what barrels they will be using. I imagine they will make their own. They make their own paintball barrels with different sleeves, each with a different ID size. I would imagine that one gun will be able to switch to any caliber. 

They are an American Company. Originally from the Philly area but I think they are out of Texas now. Daystate and FX should be concerned. 

Hello, all air gun lovers are excited about the possible new weapon. But it is only an illusion. There is not a single video. There is nothing to prove anything, there is a prototype but no video or bundle with it, no real proof. We have no choice but to wait and for the dream to come true. All the best.

Skout (Smart Parts). I will always call them Smart Parts. Brought the very first electronic paintball gun to market back in 1997. Smart Parts bought the design from another company. I thought it was a gimmick. 5/6 years later they designed the Shocker. One of the best selling electronic paintball guns ever. People said the same thing you just did, 25 years later very few people buy non electronic paintball guns. 

The trigger will be set on dual bearings with micro switch activation. They will have to change that a bit because it is VERY easy to accidently fire an electronic paintball trigger. It happens every day, which is why paintball guns require a barrel condom. 

Hello Air-gunners,

More information on the new air gun will be coming soon. For now I have attached a small article on the two owners and founders of Skout air guns.

Epoch : an event or a time marked by an event that begins a new period or development merriam-webster.

SKOUT® Airguns was founded by Adam and Bill Gardner with the intention of bringing advanced electro-pneumatic technologies to the competitive airgun market.

The Gardners have been instrumental in the development and advancement of technologies for competitive paintball beginning as players in the late 80s. They founded Smart Parts® in 1989 and remain an industry leader through present day.

The Gardners and their engineering partners have created iconic products and brands such as Shocker®, FREAK®, DLX® Technologies and GOG® Paintball. They demonstrate a commitment to product advancement and brand support to a community of thousands of around the globe.

SKOUT® Airguns enters the air rifle market confidently prepared to deliver a premium product and user experience. SKOUT Airguns’ engineering and product development team has been focused on competition level pneumatic systems backed by outstanding customer support for more than 30 years.

The technologies applied to the EPOCH® air rifle represent the cumulative effort of dozens of individuals with a singular focus of creating the most complete package of accuracy, consistency, safety and technology ever offered to the competitive airgun shooter.

We are innovators, we are competitors, were are SKOUT® Airguns - makers of the most advanced electro-pneumatic air rifle in the world.

Thanks for viewing

Darryl Trent