• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Alkin w31

Hello guys I have decided to pull the trigger on a Alkin w31 auto single stage vertical.

I have a couple questions regarding configuration and any suggestions from other owners.

I am going to purchase the w31 with the auto features. I realize its not necessary however apparently the base model is back ordered for a few weeks and I dont care to wait.

So I plan on the w31 with a 434cf 4500psi storage tank I plan to fill the storage tank via compressor to the 347 valve then from the valve out to the whip with inline valve and din300 to foster adapter and finally to tanks or directly to guns.

Any insight/recommendations on this plan I would like to do it once right and be done I have never owned a HPA compressor so.please enlighten me

Thanks guys

Great choice on getting the big SCBA. The Alkins are designed to run 10 hours, 100% cycle duty. Meaning it can fill our little SCBA bottles but they're meant to be industrial dive shop, paintball, blow mold/PEET, etc. It'll probably outlive most owners. 
Edit: A 434cft SCBA would take 124 minutes at 3.5cfm, so it's good you're getting the automatic features unless you want to stand there and drain your 2nd stage every 10 minutes. 
Of the Alkin's I owned & sold I cracked the 2nd stage at 5 minutes and SCBA was filled in another 2 minutes. I would then close up my SCBA, and my 2nd would run wide open for about 10 seconds to blow all moisture out. 

image_2.1612610730.jpg

image_2.1612610758.jpg

I don't even use this one. I'm selling all PCP's. The 1:42 break in time is from the factory. 

image_2.1612610811.jpg

Enjoy your Alkin. 

Why do you call it a single stage compressor? It is a three stage compressor. 

Şekil 2-Compressor Unit W31 Series compressors are design and manufactured with intercooler serpentine located between 1st -2 nd Stage cylinders, and aftercooler located at the 3rd Stage outlet. There are water separators at the outlet of 2nd Stage intercooler and at outlet of 3rd Stage aftercooler. Water Separators are connected to auto drain valves that periodically drains the condensate water. The duration and frequency of opening of these drain valves are determined by the time relay located in the electric panel. (Please see Check section.) This time relay can be set for both functions. There is a Safety Valve at each stage to prevent an unwanted increase in pressure resulted from a problem in valves or any other parts. It must be periodically checked that, these safety valves are working properly and they keep their set pressure values. (Please see Maintenance Table.) W31 Series compressors are equipped with stainless valves at each stage that are designed to maintain the airflow without any loss of pressure. They are easy to maintain and replace. The maintenance of valves are especially important as they are the main parts in proper and problem-free working of compressors. Lubricants not approved by ALKIN can prevent valves from working properly due to the accumulation of carbon on springs and washers. Valves not working properly will cause an increase in working temperature and the deterioration of lubricant, thus in return, will further break down the valves. Max working pressure is 350 bar and, it is dangerous and strictly prohibited to set a value higher than 350 bar. ALKIN will not be held liable for any problems resulting from acting otherwise. Working temperature range of the compressor is –10/+50 ºC.