Alkin W31 is here! Tank adapters advice request

Took delivery of an Alkin W31 today (yes, I am STOKED 😊). Per my request, the fill whip came with a female Foster since my tank has a DIN 300 to male Foster adapter on the valve. Keeps things simple.

As currently equipped, can fill any tank with either DIN 300 or a male Foster (using the adapter on my current tank), but would like to be able to fill SCBA/firehouse fitted tanks as well, for a couple reasons:

1. Will eventually get another tank, likely a used Scott firehouse tank from a reputable source.
  2. Want to be able to provide fills for anyone in my area who is in to (or thinking about getting in to) PCP airguns

Will post another thread extending that offer, not sure yet what forum is most appropriate- this one, General Discussion, PCP, Classifieds (not selling anything, will fill for free).

Thinking that with a firehouse to male Foster adapter, and the DIN 300 to male Foster I already have, should be able to fill most tanks that PCP shooters would own. Would appreciate confirmation, or advice on alternatives if I’m all wet.

Btw, kudos to Alkin USA & FedEx – ordered the compressor Tuesday late afternoon, arrived this morning. As you can see from the photo, great pains were taken to emphasize careful handling. Apparently the FedEx freight driver took it to heart; nary a hole, tear, or dent in the cardboard covering.

PXL_20220610_144730536~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Keith2324
Congratulations on the compressor. I’m very happy with mine, especially the convenience.
When I was in scuba we used caps on everything that dirt or bugs could get into. For my DIN tanks, fill whips and foster fittings on the microbore hoses I bought male and female caps for all of them.
Online the DIN caps and plugs were about $10 each plus shipping. At my local dive shop they were only $5 each.
Pictures are of DIN cap and plug and Foster quick connect cap and plug.
Randy

D2F139D5-F158-4019-A788-2244D2A2B936.jpeg

98013F64-8208-43F9-8DE9-FC54EAB4A328.jpeg

F465532B-9A1F-4581-804E-60A8B329C1AE.jpeg

7553A923-43B9-4E73-B578-FAFB92480C3B.jpeg

Reactions: wolfmangreg
@rcs9250 - Thanks, that's probably a good idea since this one will see outdoor use.
Keeping a grill cover on it when not in use (& it's sheltered) but the caps certainly can't hurt.

Have both the DIN to Foster & firehouse to Foster adapters now, so should be good to fill most tanks a PCP shooter would have.

No takers on the free fill offer yet... may have overestimated the likelihood of other PCP airgunners in my neck of the woods. Need to put on my best preacher voice & make some converts 🙌

@rcs9250 - Thanks, that's probably a good idea since this one will see outdoor use.
Keeping a grill cover on it when not in use (& it's sheltered) but the caps certainly can't hurt.

Have both the DIN to Foster & firehouse to Foster adapters now, so should be good to fill most tanks a PCP shooter would have.

No takers on the free fill offer yet... may have overestimated the likelihood of other PCP airgunners in my neck of the woods. Need to put on my best preacher voice & make some converts 🙌

Congratulations on your W31. I ordered my W31 this week and it is scheduled to arrive this Friday. I decided to give up my 6,000 psi nitrogen tank contract from my long term local industrial welding supply service. The tank weighs about 475 pounds and corporate management of the industrial welding chain stores decided they would no longer deliver into a residential development, deeming it a "liability" issue. (quad axle dump trucks have no issues pulling into my shop area)
In reality, I was only using half the pressure available.

I thank the forum participates commenting through the threads discussing the aspects of the Alkin W31. Gene T's thread dated February 11, 2021 was the final closure to my decision. As is said, "buy once, cry once."