Alkin W31 - David Emen & John Heckman

Several weeks ago I posted with regards to my interest in upgrading from my then Omega Supercharger to a more industrial compressor.

Alkin’s David Emen was monitoring the AGN posts and within hours reached out, expressing an interest in helping me with any and all questions, doing so with dispatch over the course of the next few weeks, offering straightforward and no-hype responses. 

AGN member “Bubblerboy”, John Heckman reached out to share experiences he had with Alkin, having them modify the fill system to utilize a standard foster fitting/micro hose, much more convenient for pcp use.

David agreed to modify the fill system to mimic what was done for John. I ordered the compressor last Tuesday morning, it shipped Tuesday afternoon and arrived this morning. The 220V box was wired in the interim.

It arrived perfectly packaged and protected. It took me about an hour to check the info out and put the .220 pigtail in place.

I have two 74 cu ft bottles. One was at about 225 bar and the other 250. I was able to top off both bottles in about fifteen minutes, bleeding the condensate a few times during the fill cycles.

I highly recommend Dave. He made my experience with this major investment so much more informed and pleasant.

And thanks to Bubblerboy for the great advice toward alterations of the fill system.

E763E80C-143B-473A-A1A5-EE0E64E93037.1631182831.jpeg

ALKIN has made it know that due to the many market inflationary trends we are all experiencing in every sector, that a very significant price increase will be announced any day.

I was fortunate to have a son with the skill set and generosity to provide the materials and execute the 220V wiring work at no cost to me.

I also saved money by having the unit shipped to my son’s industrial business, and he had it unloaded and delivered to me.

Understanding all of the above, my total investment was approximately $3,400.

If you shoot a lot, and or have some buddies that do the same, the investment are not so bad, and the buddies can drop a dime in a jar now and then when they get a refill.

I am not in a place to go where you have, simply dont shoot enough or have enough shooting friends to justify the investment, but i am a huge fan of getting it done on your own ( being sell reliant.

As a EURO boy my apartment are filled with 220 outlets, here the odd one out is 380 / 400 volts, which my oven in the kitchen run on.

ALKIN has made it know that due to the many market inflationary trends we are all experiencing in every sector, that a very significant price increase will be announced any day.

That is unfortunate that a significant price increase is "any day" away, as I am still saving and I am not any day close yet. Thanks for the head's up, I may have to start considering other top end compressors, depending on how significant the price increase.

mtndragon,

I found the guys at Alkin to be great guys to deal with. Perhaps a simple phone call with a down payment arrangement will hold a compressor for you at today's prices. If you are serious in owning this compreesor it would be worth talking to them. If you are serious in pursuing this compressor I have a model 31 upright if you wish to check it out personally. I'm guessing we are approx 11/2 hours apart. You have an open invitation, your call.

Cheers,

Mike

mtndragon,

I found the guys at Alkin to be great guys to deal with. Perhaps a simple phone call with a down payment arrangement will hold a compressor for you at today's prices. If you are serious in owning this compreesor it would be worth talking to them. If you are serious in pursuing this compressor I have a model 31 upright if you wish to check it out personally. I'm guessing we are approx 11/2 hours apart. You have an open invitation, your call.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the great idea and the offer, Mike. I will call them. I am serious. I am certain it's the compressor I want, at today's price, tomorrow (December).

I am also considering this compressor it’s overkill for no more than a shoot but I like the independence of being able to do my own fills. It certainly seems to be a solid unit. I’m saving my play money to buy one. Im very disappointed to hear about the pending price increase. The shipping was quite a shock I’m used to getting all my shipping free. I could just put it on the visa but I don’t know that’s a lot of money sometimes you get what you pay for it seems to be the case with these compressors I can find nothing wrong with them and no bad reviews. Decisions decisions.